gogsy

Berwick Rangers 2019/20 thread

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Johnny Harvey was just a scapegoat at Berwick.

Not even Jesus could muster up a miracle big enough to save them.

I don’t think I’d use the term scapegoat, but for sure, there was a lot of issues at Berwick.

4 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Johnny Harvey was just a scapegoat at Berwick.

Not even Jesus could muster up a miracle big enough to save them.

Berwick's problems started years ago, but accelerated downhill with a pathetic Boardroom coup at the start of last season. That did for a promising manager by the name of Robbie Horn (Wonder what happened to him....?) 

Then....... Here's Johnny! With a decent budget, he put together the worst team in Berwick's history, saw us get absolutely hammered week after week after week, posted a series of car crash interviews, thought Wilson, Helm, Forbes and O'Kane could play football, and concluded the season with at least 9 defeats on the trot, scoring 1 and conceding 42 (or something similarly gruesome). Then we got relegated. He was unremittingly shite and should have been sacked in January. 

Scapegoat my arse. 

Edited by Redcar

20 hours ago, Redcar said:

That did for a promising manager by the name of Robbie Horn (Wonder what happened to him....?) 

Then....... Here's Johnny! With a decent budget, he put together the worst team in Berwick's history, saw us get absolutely hammered week after week after week, posted a series of car crash interviews

His interviews were absolute class .

2 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Didn't think I would see Redcar and Cyber Attack in the same sentence

😂😂😂😂

Nothing to see. Move along. 

56 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cumbernauld 0-0 Mighty Berwick Rangers

Season encapsulated in 1 scoreline.

Decent result for Berwick. I know from experience just how tough an away day Cumbernauld can be. Far better teams than Berwick have went there and lost this season. 

Really have to win next three games. Doesn't  seem to have been any sign of improvement since start of season.

Edited by gogsy

Hi,

I'm currently working on the current series of a View From the Terrace and we are coming down on Saturday to film at the Edinburgh University match and looking for fans who would be up for talking about life as a Berwick Rangers fan over the last few years?

If it's something toy would be keen on then five me a shout.

Cheers, Chris

Please ask them about the times we finished bottom of the league and a few of them were relentless in their pointing and laughing at us potentially dropping down to the Lowland League. It would please me greatly - particularly if you get BTU on board. Thank you.

Please ask them about the time they hounded out that nice Mr Harvey out of the club.

Crowd funding died a death the last wee while until the club officials have bumped it up.:)

Mighty Berwick Rangers 2-0 Edinburgh University

Poor performance in unpleasant conditions but finally came good in the last 10 minutes. Until then both sides toiled - and looked exactly like teams sitting 12th and 14th respectively.

With a heavy pitch and blustery wind which only decreased somewhat in 2nd half it was never going to be a day for silky football, although the students looked the better at that when they got into attacking positions. Berwick dominated possession for most of 1st half but neither side tested the opposing 'keeper. Finally... as nerves began to fray, and after subs had been thrown on... a mis-struck cross (from a late tackle from which the referee correctly played advantage) sat up to Smith the ex-Dundonald Bluebell man, who ballooned a header over both defence and stopper and into the net sparking widespread relief. Minutes later a corner went in bouncing-bomb style and seemed to pinball off various feet before crossing the line apologetically. FT 2-0.

Good crowd of 556 for the free entry "community day", which is at least a couple of hundred more than it would have been in normal circumstances... Indeed from memory that surpasses the Bonnyrigg crowd in our first LL game for biggest of the season.

Berwick climb above Gala into 11th; and with 3 of the next 4 games being at Dalbeattie, Vale and Civil Service shouldn't give-up hope of yet breaking into top 10.

Edinburgh Uni looked limited and have a challenging run-in until their last 2 games: Dalbeattie (A) + Gala (H).

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Mighty Berwick Rangers 2-0 Edinburgh University

Poor performance in unpleasant conditions but finally came good in the last 10 minutes. Until then both sides toiled - and looked exactly like teams sitting 12th and 14th respectively.

With a heavy pitch and blustery wind which only decreased somewhat in 2nd half it was never going to be a day for silky football, although the students looked the better at that when they got into attacking positions. Berwick dominated possession for most of 1st half but neither side tested the opposing 'keeper. Finally... as nerves began to fray, and after subs had been thrown on... a mis-struck cross (from a late tackle from which the referee correctly played advantage) sat up to Smith the ex-Dundonald Bluebell man, who ballooned a header over both defence and stopper and into the net sparking widespread relief. Minutes later a corner went in bouncing-bomb style and seemed to pinball off various feet before crossing the line apologetically. FT 2-0.

Good crowd of 556 for the free entry "community day", which is at least a couple of hundred more than it would have been in normal circumstances... Indeed from memory that surpasses the Bonnyrigg crowd in our first LL game for biggest of the season.

Berwick climb above Gala into 11th; and with 3 of the next 4 games being at Dalbeattie, Vale and Civil Service shouldn't give-up hope of yet breaking into top 10.

Edinburgh Uni looked limited and have a challenging run-in until their last 2 games: Dalbeattie (A) + Gala (H).

Whoooahhh... Poor stuff for the majority of the game, but mis-struck cross? Ballooned header? 2nd one pinballing off several feet?

What I saw was a good cross, a good header and then a decent touch from a poor corner. (Mind you I was frozen senseless by then) 

I thought the cross was underhit so Smith had to get underneath to loop it up and over. On the highlights as you say clearly the cross picked him out. It was a smart finish as it took it away from the 'keeper.

Without Ducket angle, skipping stone once flicked on does go by/through several legs, including Uni defenders and 'keeper who either slightly deflect or totally freshair it.

Frankly by that point I'd have celebrated somebody speculatively volleying in off someone else's backside, tbf. It was simply a relief to see the net bulge.

So attendance 556,  money raised going to justgiving fund £1350, that's worked out well. :unsure2: How many of the extra 200 will be back for the game v Spartans in April.

Edited by gogsy