gogsy

Berwick Rangers 2019/20 thread

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Is that Callum Smith ?  played ok at kelty but probably had better players around him and always mind Tam courts giving him a hard time as probably needed 3-4 good chances to score one 

The Callum Smith Supporters Association  (aka family and friends) were absolutely raging against Tam Courts nearly every game that season. He played upfront mainly with Dalziel, never seemed to connect that well. He has shown at other clubs he can be a good player though.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

The Callum Smith Supporters Association  (aka family and friends) were absolutely raging against Tam Courts nearly every game that season. He played upfront mainly with Dalziel, never seemed to connect that well. He has shown at other clubs he can be a good player though.

Aye like I said neebs played  ok but got a hard time for his efforts always going to be hard filling in for Cargi 

25 minutes ago, gogsy said:

It was justified, Calum was 1 of a couple who were on the end of some pretty harsh treatment in his time at Kelty and it wasn’t from the stands.

Edited by kefc

Hibee what media are the board making a statement on ?? 

Us old fossils aren't on fb or twitter and theres nothing on offiical site ??

Thank you

few of us were sure Berwick won the tose was this true ?, couldn't get our head round playing into the wind and up the hill second half ? As the game went we reacted brilliant to going 1-0 down some goals gifted by the defending of the corners.

Sad to see many of the home support leave at 3-1 with 30 mins to go who knows what would happen (we have been in that situation this season lol). Overall a decent day out, Hope it all works out for the die hard followers

On 09/02/2020 at 13:16, HibeeJibee said:

Board statement:

Thank you for posting this on here. I too am an old fart that doesn't do FB. 👍

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Johnny Harvey returns to management with Tranent...

EQbuGmeW4AM3yw-.jpg

'Didn't work out as planned'

You could say that

On 10/02/2020 at 19:26, Stewie Griffin said:

'Didn't work out as planned'

You could say that

What could possibly go wrong at Tranent?

Guest Rob Roy no 1

Heard that club have been speaking to Iain Diack regarding the managers situation for next season!

Just now, Rob Roy no 1 said:

Heard that club have been speaking to Iain Diack regarding the managers situation for next season!

Hi Guys Iain Diack here ,

Just want to put a few things right , 

I have had no contact from anyone at Berwick Rangers and I am certainly not speaking to the club about the managers position. 

Jano and Haynsey are former teammates of mine and 2 guys I respect greatly having achieved what we did at the club , and I certainly wouldn't go behind there backs and try and get there jobs.

I don't know who Rob Roy no 1 is and you are entitled to post whatever you like but unfortunately whoever has told you this is mistaken and there is absolutely no truth in it sorry.

I'm as much of a fan of the club as anyone now and given time I'm sure the guys will get the club moving in the right direction. 

Mon the wee gers.

Cheers

Iain

Edited by Dyers1981

Hi Guys Iain Diack here ,
Just want to put a few things right , 
I have had no contact from anyone at Berwick Rangers and I am certainly not speaking to the club about the managers position. 
Jano and Haynsey are former teammates of mine and 2 guys I respect greatly having achieved what we did at the club , and I certainly wouldn't go behind there backs and try and get there jobs.
I don't know who Rob Roy no 1 is and you are entitled to post whatever you like but unfortunately whoever has told you this is mistaken and there is absolutely no truth in it sorry.
I'm as much of a fan of the club as anyone now and given time I'm sure the guys will get the club moving in the right direction. 
Mon the wee gers.
Cheers
Iain

Who’s Jano ?

6 hours ago, BS7 said:

What could possibly go wrong at Tranent?

Probably not as much as at berwick

On 02/02/2020 at 23:54, HibeeJibee said:

'1881 Fund' launching tomorrow. Presumably some sort of money-raising drive.

(Remember the good old days when all we'd to argue about was whether we were formed in 1881 or not - and what should go on the badge, or back of shirt collar, or whatever it was?).

Looking at the table and our remaining games it's shaping-up for a battle with Gala for 11th and "best in the Borders" IMO.

EDIT: Pitch narrowing work begins ahead of 'Shire's visit:

83655235_10101591451580442_6132367490778

What is the idea behind this HibeeJibee? I'm thinking it's either a problem area (waterlogging?) or to simply save money on fuel when cutting the grass? Another thing that springs to mind is to cut down the space available to wingers if your full backs are a bit suspect. I remember Graeme Souness employing such a tactic for a European tie at Ibrox.