gogsy

Berwick Rangers 2019/20 thread

Berwick have Chris Gray playing for them - I’m sure he retired not so long ago! They will not finish top 10. 

Was he not transport secretary

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Just noticed this on preview of tonights match on Berwick Rangers website.

"For fans who normally purchase a team sheet please note that due to differing rules in the SLFL these will be not available to purchase until much closer to kick-off time from the Club Shop"

Is the club that tin pot they charge for teamsheete, and does this mean the club isn't issuing a programme for the their historical Lowland league opener?

Berwick programme will be the best in the Lowland League by a country mile. They only take 20p for a team sheet you would have to be a tight arse not to buy one.

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Berwick programme will be the best in the Lowland League by a country mile. They only take 20p for a team sheet you would have to be a tight arse not to buy one.

I’m sure Gala will have something to say about that. 

1 minute ago, pipedreamer said:

I’m sure Gala will have something to say about that. 

It a different guy doing the Gala programme so who knows what it will be like. Having seen both in recent seasons I would say the Berwick one was better anyway it was one of the best in L2 although who knows they may cut back with being out of the SPFL.

Just my opinion everybody has their own thoughts on things like this.

It a different guy doing the Gala programme so who knows what it will be like. Having seen both in recent seasons I would say the Berwick one was better anyway it was one of the best in L2 although who knows they may cut back with being out of the SPFL.

Berwick programme tonight covers Saturday as well, no idea if they would have done the same in League 2.

Just now, Gimme said:
8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Berwick programme tonight covers Saturday as well, no idea if they would have done the same in League 2.

Think they did do some double issues when they had postponed games. Must be all about print deadlines I suppose.

1 minute ago, Gimme said:
9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Often happened if there were 2 home games in less than a week 

Can confirm that the gaffer told the boys that Berwick pulled out the Tardelli on Twitter which spurred Rose on to score 4 in 7 minutes...

image.png.bab10848928220dc441a6d9860575319.png

1 hour ago, marty_j said:

Was he not transport secretary

Not on this side of the river, he wasn't...the chap you're thinking about was Chris Grayling.

Carry on as you were, folks...

Went 1-0 up when a slide-rule pass beat Bonnyrigg's offside trap, then had an effort cleared off the line for 2-0, and everyone was thinking the new dawn had arrived.

Then it all went to pieces... scrambled stramash saw the ball bobble in, another effort followed off both posts, a soft header from a cross, plus a penalty for grappling. Fear strikes: 1-4.

Then we roared back again... gentle header defying their 'keeper from a floated cross, then a trundled free-kick that crept in. Hope again: 3-4.

Unfortunately dreams of a grandstand finished were sunk after a stupid passback saw Rose score from the resulting indirect freekick. FT: 3-5.

Altogether an encouraging result, though. Hadn't scored for 4.5 months then bag 3 in a single night. Competed with a big, strong, more experienced and skilled side (especially 2nd half). Fought well.

Bonnyrigg are capable but Kelty looked noticeably better on Saturday.

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Went 1-0 up when a slide-rule pass beat Bonnyrigg's offside trap, then had an effort cleared off the line for 2-0, and everyone was thinking the new dawn had arrived.

Then it all went to pieces... scrambled stramash saw the ball bobble in, another effort followed off both posts, a soft header from a cross, plus a penalty for grappling. Fear strikes: 1-4.

Then we roared back again... gentle header defying their 'keeper from a floated cross, then a trundled free-kick that crept in. Hope again: 3-4.

Unfortunately dreams of a grandstand finished were sunk after a stupid passback saw Rose score from the resulting indirect freekick. FT: 3-5.

Altogether an encouraging result, though. Hadn't scored for 4.5 months then bag 3 in a single night. Competed with a big, strong, more experienced and skilled side (especially 2nd half). Fought well.

Interested to hear in what ways you found Kelty to be better.

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What sort crowd do you reckon there was?