2019/20 League Cup

19 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Would prefer that in the Scottish cup.128 teams in the first round proper and just a free for all draw. 

Although I like the idea in principle, 128 teams will be too much for Scotland. There are 102 teams in the competition this year, so another 26 teams need to be added. If the West juniors enter the pyramid that probably won't take that long, but even then, Celtic v Golspie Sutherland and Rangers v Burntisland Shipyard could end up being absolutely massive scorelines, even if both Celtic & Rangers field their reserves.

14 minutes ago, Marten said:

Although I like the idea in principle, 128 teams will be too much for Scotland. There are 102 teams in the competition this year, so another 26 teams need to be added. If the West juniors enter the pyramid that probably won't take that long, but even then, Celtic v Golspie Sutherland and Rangers v Burntisland Shipyard could end up being absolutely massive scorelines, even if both Celtic & Rangers field their reserves.

But could potentially keep above mentioned clubs afloat for years to come, add in the media exposure to these teams and the experience for their players. Also would give the union bears and green brigade new grounds to wreck.

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Good on East Fife, I’m sure from a financial aspect they’d rather have been playing at Ibrox

some blah draws. Killie v Hamilton being one. That’s certainly not going to be moved for TV

Ayr's game certainly won't be moved for TV.

Hibs away in the second round of the League Cup?

Can't see us sticking four past these huddies after extra time again. We'll do it in ninety minutes no bother. 

greggy.png

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Hibs away in the second round of the League Cup?

Can't see us sticking four past these huddies after extra time again. We'll do it in ninety minutes no bother. 

greggy.png

David Grof! Got arrested for "Glug! Glug! Vroom! Vroom!" on the evening of that Plymouth goalie getting 5 years for knocking down some kids when pished. Should've been a Spoonburner legend.  

Now that we totally messed it up this year , I feel I can post this without it looking like I was trying to keep Saints in the cup

Would it not be an idea to have all the second place teams play each other in a round of games this midweek (top 4 at home to one of the bottom 4) as there can be an imbalance in the sections . Credit to Forfar for making it from a group with 2 premiership teams where as some groups had no premiership teams in them.

4 winners then join the 8 group winners and the European teams in the last 16.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think this would be a good idea but scheduling is possibly the issue.

The only date would be the Wednesday after the group games.  As those with the big supports tend to be in Europe it should be possible to pencil in , very much like a cup replay .