2019/20 League Cup

Thinking of having a week up in Scotland, with the kids, hopefully getting 5-6 games in during that time. What sort of ticket price do clubs tend to charge for these? Did Arbroath and Livingston (at Linlithgow?!) last season, but can't find my bloody tickets stubs, if there were any...Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Thinking of having a week up in Scotland, with the kids, hopefully getting 5-6 games in during that time. What sort of ticket price do clubs tend to charge for these? Did Arbroath and Livingston (at Linlithgow?!) last season, but can't find my bloody tickets stubs, if there were any...Thanks in advance!

10-15 quid usually I think

Which town / ground is better to see a game at, please:  Brechin or Forfar?

Thinking of Dundee Utd on 23rd, then St. Johnstone 24th, Elgin 26th, Brechin or Forfar 27th, Dundee 28th. Sound like a good plan?

Camping with three kids to keep costs down, whilst cramming in as many games as possible!

Thinking of Dundee Utd on 23rd, then St. Johnstone 24th, Elgin 26th, Brechin or Forfar 27th, Dundee 28th. Sound like a good plan?
Camping with three kids to keep costs down, whilst cramming in as many games as possible!

Forfar don’t have a hedge, so Brechin

On 13/06/2019 at 17:45, barnseytheclaret said:

If you're planning to stay in and around Tayside then Elgin is a bit of a distance away compared to the rest of the travelling you'll be doing, especially on a Friday night. I'm assuming that's their live game with Hibs if it's a Friday though so suppose it will be a bit more appealing than if they were playing a fellow non-seed.

On 13/06/2019 at 17:45, barnseytheclaret said:

I would caution you against camping in Dundee in the strongest possible terms.

Brechins ground has much more character than Forfar 

Elgin is a fair drive from Perth but a pretty nice drive if you go via Braemar. 

Edited by invergowrie arab

We're doing 2 nights near Forfar and 2 nights near Elgin. Decided to do Motherwell on the Saturday, as it's closer to home, and have sacked off the Sunday idea, as I have a reffing course that day. Motherwell to Sheffield not too bad of a journey. Campsites both booked, and can't wait! Tues: dundee United, Wed: St Johnstone, Fri: Elgin, Sat: Motherwell. keep your eyes peeled for 4 Burnley fans! Three kids and one stressed out looing adult! :-)

Oh, and hoping to do the drive up and back via The Cairngorms, as that sounds better thna the A road that goes up past Aberdeen?

If anyone can recommend stuff to see, ways to amuse Children (12, 11, 8 ) near Forfar / Dundee / Perth / Elgin, then please let me know! :-)

I also like real ale, so pub recommendations wouldn't hurt! LOL

43 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Oh, and hoping to do the drive up and back via The Cairngorms, as that sounds better thna the A road that goes up past Aberdeen?

If anyone can recommend stuff to see, ways to amuse Children (12, 11, 8 ) near Forfar / Dundee / Perth / Elgin, then please let me know! 🙂

I also like real ale, so pub recommendations wouldn't hurt! LOL

Plenty of sick bags if you are taking them over the Cairngorms road...

Plenty of interesting wee places to stop and go for a wee walk to let them stretch their legs. Best 4g signal (only one on that road!) is about half a mile south of the Lecht ski centre in the lay-by on the left but no radio or anything most of the way so take plenty of offline entertainment 👍

A quick look at early odds for this, with a lot of bookies not yet pricing it up and no odds for the groups as yet...

11/8 The Darkside - with Fred & 365. Generally 5/4. Have to win 4 games, 1st one not v. Gers, Sheep or Killie. There's worse 11/8 shots.

5/1 The Famous - with Fred.  Standout price. 4/1 with Victor McBookie, mostly 7/2, 10/3 with 365. Will be seeded for last-16. Must be worth a fiver.

16/1 Sheep - with Victor McBookie. Only 10/1 with Fred. Also seeded. Worth a fiver too.

20/1 Spoonburners - almost everywhere, though Hill's are 16/1. Their group's a bye, but Sheep are better value.

22/1 Hearts - standout with 365. Only 14/1 with Betway.  Playing Arabs first game, so not for me.

25/1 Killie - with Betway & 365. Seeded in last-16, but I have doubts over Joe Dolce being appointed manager so I'll pass.

33/1 Sainties - with Betway & 365. As short as 20/1. Have Ross & the bananaskins of the Angus League to overcome. Vulnerable.

50/1 'Ra 'Well - big standout with Betway. Vary between 25/1 and 40/1 elsewhere. Ton at home, Q.o.S. away. Worth £1 each way.

50/1 Arabs - standout with 365. Open up at Tynecastle but should beat all three diddies. Still a "no thanks" at that price.

50/1 Dundee - again only with 365. Only 33/1 with Hill's. Pukka draw v. 3 lower division teams before I.C.T. at Dens, but too short.

50/1 Accies - with Fred & Betway. Must be evens someone forfeits for going to the wrong ground in a feisty Lanarkshire League group. No value.

50/1 Ross - with Betway. Did win this 4 seasons ago. In the Angus League & didn't like Angus last year. There's worse e.w. shots, but I'm not tempted.

50/1 I.C.T. - Victor McBookie & 365. I might back them to win the group, with Dundee maybe being caught cold. No outright e.w. value though.

66/1 St.Mirren - Victor and Betway. Only 33/1 with Hill's. Open v. Pars in Paisley, then play Embra, Albion & E.K. so should be seeded. Worth £1 e.w.

66/1 Livi - with Fred and Betway. As short as 25/1. Play Falkirk away, Ayr at home, then 'Raer & Berwick so could be seeded. Not for me.

66/1 Partick - with most layers. In the Lanarkshire group with the ground switches. May get through that but not an e.w. prospect.

100/1 Pars - with Fred. Should qualify if they can get something from an opening trip to Paisley in a straightforward group, but not on my radar. 

100/1 Q.o.S. - with Victor & 365. Big ask with 'Well first up in Dumfries and a finish at Cappielow. Not interested.

100/1 'Ra 'Ton - with Fred. Tough group, even if they nicked something from 'Well. Can't see any value at the price. 

125/1 Ayr - with Fred.  Insulting quote. Generally 50/1. Avoiding defeat at Livi should see them through. If there was a Betfair market... but there's not.

150/1 and upwards the rest. 

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:03, Spyro said:

Plenty of sick bags if you are taking them over the Cairngorms road...

Plenty of interesting wee places to stop and go for a wee walk to let them stretch their legs. Best 4g signal (only one on that road!) is about half a mile south of the Lecht ski centre in the lay-by on the left but no radio or anything most of the way so take plenty of offline entertainment 👍

A bit windy is it?

Will look at a stop off point somewhere en route , that's for sure. Really looking forward to it!