• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Only one David Marsh

The big semi final play off extravaganza - Edinburgh vs Clyde, Clyde vs Edinburgh

Good luck to both teams. Think Clyde will win this one , definitely the best football team I have seen this season.

Play off promotion is a great way to go up . I enjoyed our 2011 promotion more than the 2015 Title. Rovers then chairman loved the play offs for the extra dosh from the games.

Clyde to go through think Edinburgh peaked too early

28 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Clyde to go through think Edinburgh peaked too early

Would expect Clyde to win over two games but with less expectation/pressure on them City could maybe re-find some form.

4 -6 weeks or so ago, we would have been a stick on, not now; could go either way I think. I’d say Edinburgh slight favourites for tomorrow night certainly

Edinburgh charging more than normal for entry tomorrow night. Clearly trying to cash in on the bully wee pound. 

7 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Edinburgh charging more than normal for entry tomorrow night. Clearly trying to cash in on the bully wee pound. 

Shocking. 

look out your student cards everyone

1 hour ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Absolute scumbags. 

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

Absolute scumbags. 

Big Prices for the visit of the Big Clubs- isn't that how it goes? 

I suppose you could always offer one of the Ainslie Park neighbours a tenner to watch from an upstairs window! 

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

look out your student cards everyone emoji6.png

5cd0c1bf55f9b_studentid.jpg.0a2a4baa7963dce86de210aaf6231b47.jpg

Seems legit.. 

I can't agree with those prices at all, in fact tacking an extra couple of quid onto what is just another League 2 game is disgraceful. You wonder what Edinburgh's game is; surely they'd be better trying to use this match to attract people?

I hope our players are a bit more confident in themselves than some of the stuff I've read since Saturday. Edinburgh have only won one in six, they've been only the 8th best team in the league over the last 10 games! It's down to DL to pick the right team though; a repeat of Saturday (minus Cuddihy) and we'll be helping out them out. Without wanting to sound like a broken record, playing McNiff, Nicoll and Love (and Rumsby to some degree) just gradually takes us away from what we're good at. McStay usually causes them huge problems pressing high, I'd imagine we'll get him playing in that role again.

Nerves starting to kick in this morning.  Prior to Saturday, I wouldn't have feared playing anyone in the play-offs, but went to show just how reliant we have been on Rankin.  Would be happy to take a draw tonight and be in a decent position at home on Saturday with a decent crowd.

How many are expected to travel tonight?

the play offs are basically two legged cup ties Form usually goes out the window , look at stenny last year queens park couple of years ago
If we can take the league form into the play offs then I'm pretty confident we will get promoted
Edinburgh have been in good form recently but still a good team

should be two close games

12 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

That's shocking behaviour!! How much do they usually charge like?

Honestly, we will need to play alot better than saturday if we hope to get through the playoffs. I do think that part of the problem on saturday were that the players were a bit too keen to get an early goal which was leading them to make poor decisions. Hopefully  since this is a two-legged affair this won't be as much of an issue and they will be able to settle into the game. 

40 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

And it seems there are no concessions for us old yins!

1 hour ago, Adam said:

How many are expected to travel tonight?

Think we better move it to Murrayfield just to be on the safe side 

Was either £12 or £13 up to £14 for tonight. Its an extra pound or 2 so not really too fussed and £14 is what we charge.

It does go against the grain of what most clubs do Raith are charging £10 tonight for instance. Hopefully we will charge a £10 for the home game to encourage a bigger crowd. You do get a lot more neutrals attending for the play off games.