The big semi final play off extravaganza - Edinburgh vs Clyde, Clyde vs Edinburgh

An absolute pumping really. They would have been as well skipping past the two semi-finals as they were that much of a non-event. Onto Tuesday now for a quick turn around after work then down to Annan. I’d think it’ll be a tough final but I’ve every faith in this team getting up.

Goodwillie was excellent today, even taking his sitter miss into account. His set up of the first goal was top class. He looks confident again.

Lang and Love were great too.

Edinburgh looked as poor a team as we've played at Broadwood this season. Their first shot must have been in the 89th minute.

Can’t believe the change in Edinburgh since the start of the season, totally different team. 

Could’ve had a good few more today, after a nervy opening 10 minutes we were in complete control of the game. 

terrific performance really harsh to pick out and players but I thought Lang in defence mcstay in midfield just looked utter class
DGW what can you say apart from the miss a more c[emoji16]omplete strikers performance you won't see Could go through the team not one failure everyone top notch [emoji122]

Agree with most comments.. Edinburgh looked a shell of the team they were at the start of the season. Every player in white today got pass marks for me. Annan will be a different kettle of fish as they have momentum going into the final. Should be a cracker, two form teams battling it out. 

Our poor run of form from the last couple of months and recent injuries was on full display today, although disappointed I haven’t really got any complaints about the result.
Still to finish 3rd and get into the play-off’s after finishing 9th last season is a tremendous achievement and just hope we can replicate something similar (or better) next season.
I haven’t seen Annan since they came to Ainslie Park back in January, so might be a bit unfair to them, but I’ve seen Clyde quite a few times since then and IMO look more likely to go on and win the play-off’s.

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

terrific performance really harsh to pick out and players but I thought Lang in defence mcstay in midfield just looked utter class
DGW what can you say apart from the miss a more cemoji16.pngomplete strikers performance you won't see Could go through the team not one failure everyone top notch emoji122.png

Even Nicol came on and did well!

Other than the first 10 minutes when it was all Edinburgh we totally dominated today and Edinburgh didnt have a shot on target all day.

Lang MOTM for me. Absolute class at the back. Hes solid.

Goodie back to form too which was good to see. Thought Love and Grant were brilliant too. Everyone else had a good game. Apart from Currie. He had nothing to do all game!

Much tougher game against an in form Annan now. Need to go down there and at least come back with a draw to stand a chance imo. Day off request going in on Monday morning in the hope I can make it!

First 15 minutes Edinburgh had us camped in our half playing some good fitbaw but fortunately for us there was no end product. Then a spell of absolute genius from Goodwillie set up Syvertsen who was in the right place to tap home. After that it was all Clyde and we were unlucky not to be 3-0 up at half time. 

2nd half started well for us and the expected unslaught from Edinburgh never materialised. Some excellent work again from Goodwillie to set up Love who slotted it past Antell with ease then a great header from Goodwillie himself to sum up an excellent days work. 

The fact that in a semi final we were able to take off some of our best players to protect and rest tells its own story how this game went. 

Excellent crowd today, just a shame the club didn’t expect that with the lack of turnstiles open, hopefully this is noted and sorted next Saturday! Great vocal from the choir, honestly wish the rest of the stand would join in instead of wristling their sweetie wrappers, a wee hand clap won’t even go a miss. 

Enjoyable afternoon but we need to remember that whilst today was easy, Edinburgh have been in very poor form and are missing their star man. Annan will be a totally different challenge, the form team in the league with ourselves. They will play the game in a physical way and we need to match it. A draw will be fine on Tuesday but ideally a win to take to Broadwood would set it up nicely. Either way it’s going to be some semi final!!

10 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

First 15 minutes Edinburgh had us camped in our half playing some good fitbaw but fortunately for us there was no end product. Then a spell of absolute genius from Goodwillie set up Syvertsen who was in the right place to tap home. After that it was all Clyde and we were unlucky not to be 3-0 up at half time. 

2nd half started well for us and the expected unslaught from Edinburgh never materialised. Some excellent work again from Goodwillie to set up Love who slotted it past Antell with ease then a great header from Goodwillie himself to sum up an excellent days work. 

The fact that in a semi final we were able to take off some of our best players to protect and rest tells its own story how this game went. 

Excellent crowd today, just a shame the club didn’t expect that with the lack of turnstiles open, hopefully this is noted and sorted next Saturday! Great vocal from the choir, honestly wish the rest of the stand would join in instead of bristling their sweetie wrappers, a wee hand clap won’t even go a miss. 

Enjoyable afternoon but we need to remember that whilst today was easy, Edinburgh have been in very poor form and are missing their star man. Annan will be a totally different challenge, the form team in the league with ourselves. They will play the game in a physical way and we need to match it. A draw will be fine on Tuesday but ideally a win to take to Broadwood would set it up nicely. Either way it’s going to be some semi final!!

Ingo, I can assure you that I didn’t have any sweeties at the game today. Nor was I lacking in vocal support for my team. 30-35 years ago, I’d have been with the ‘choir’ but I’ve kind of moved on from that (don’t have the energy!). Doesn’t mean I wasn’t shouting for the team and getting involved in the game. The last few games, I’ve seen an increasing number of families at the games which is great and is the future of the club.  I have to say that, although amusing to me, I cringed at what these potential new supporters might have thought of some of the songs from the upper right hand side of the stand. The Craig Thomson one made me laugh and cringe in equal measure. 

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Our poor run of form from the last couple of months and recent injuries was on full display today, although disappointed I haven’t really got any complaints about the result.
Still to finish 3rd and get into the play-off’s after finishing 9th last season is a tremendous achievement and just hope we can replicate something similar (or better) next season.
I haven’t seen Annan since they came to Ainslie Park back in January, so might be a bit unfair to them, but I’ve seen Clyde quite a few times since then and IMO look more likely to go on and win the play-off’s.

Have to say that I like Edinburgh City.  Cracking away day, and good fans.  They have been a breath of fresh air this season, and though they have run out of gas, they will be worth the watching next season.  We may get our trips through to Ainslie Park next season, but love them though I do, I hope not.  But I wish EC well next season.  They have been great.

To be honest I expected us to be pinned back to our own half the first 10 minutes or so as they had to come out and go for it. Just glad we got the early goal when we managed to get a go at their goal.

Excellent performance today all round.
[emoji837][emoji836][emoji835]