The big semi final play off extravaganza - Edinburgh vs Clyde, Clyde vs Edinburgh

Well before the game I’d have happily took 1-0 and think 1-1 would have probably been the fair one.. first half we controlled the game then second half it seemed like it was mostly Edinburgh, John Rankin is a massive miss in the middle, horrendous losing him.. Goodwillie got nothing the entire game, Edinburgh played fallin over fresh air the ref would give it a foul, he got fouled all game 

I have faith that Danny Lennon will have a plan for Saturday and hopefully finish the job off 

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

His booking was an absolute joke in an otherwise fairly competent refereeing display I felt

So the ref ignoring 2 elbowing incidents, awarding an EC foul when their no 19  jumped up in the air with a shrill scream,  failing to see DGW being nutted when the ball was on the ground and the series of invisible fouls in the last five mins were "competent"?

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

His booking was an absolute joke in an otherwise fairly competent refereeing display I felt

He really should have been booked before this TBH.  3 fouls in ten minutes should see you booked every time.

11 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

So the ref ignoring 2 elbowing incidents, awarding an EC foul when their no 19  jumped up in the air with a shrill scream,  failing to see DGW being nutted when the ball was on the ground and the series of invisible fouls in the last five mins were "competent"?

Wow.  Some of the things that were let go in the game were baffling but there was no doubt the referee was competent.  I notice that you haven't mentioned the multiple times that Rumsby was climbing on the attacker or the numerous occasions that a Clyde player used both hands to push EC players when going into challenges.  Rather one-sided interpretation of the officiating that by and large let the game flow.

I thought the refereeing was good last night given the pace of the game. Should have spotted the elbow on Lang but apart from that, nothing to get worked up about.

Shepherd threw an elbow at Lang in the first half which I’m pretty sure the linesman saw but was thankful not much contact otherwise would have had to act upon it. Edinburgh I also felt were very smart in their fouling of Goodwillie - get him early before ref turns to face it. That’s football though & with his off the ball niggles & tugs you can see Balantoni has played at a higher level. It eventually led to him getting more space as I felt Goodwillie was getting frustrated by it. No real complaints given we won the match. 

As said previously looking forward to it on Saturday in which should be another tough game!

Thought there was 2/3 obvious bookings that Edinburgh never got in the first half, then the Goodwillie getting booked for winning the ball fairly, refereeing is killing our game it’s painful to watch at times 

Edited by BullyWeeLad
Grammar mistake

Rather shocked this morning to find this thread on the L2 forum. It's the play-offs for L1. Clyde fans missed an opportunity here to have a brief visit to the L1 forum. A bit sloppy here boys. Must do better in the final round.

P.S. I only made that last comment to see if any EC fans were actually involved in this topic:unsure2:

24 minutes ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Pay at the gate tomorrow folks ??    Obviously season book now empty - question i'm really asking is it chip & pin or cash at the turnstiles ??

Cheers In Advance

Chip & Pin at the turnstile or cash at the wee ticket window (next to the shop). 

4 minutes ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Hoping for (and expecting) a 1000+ crowd tomorrow, if we get to final of play-off are we home or away 1st game ??

If it's Annan we will be away first (Tuesday) then home onthe Saturday.  Vice versa if it's Stenny.