The big semi final play off extravaganza - Edinburgh vs Clyde, Clyde vs Edinburgh

Great to get up the road with a 1-0 thought we were by far the better team in the first half although Edinburgh did hit the bar.

Second half we were poor and Edinburgh were really unlucky not to score. They hit the bar from a rebounded save. Thought Currie should have done better with it than palming straight back in the danger area. Edinburgh slipped the ball through a couple of times and looked a cert to score but was poor finishing again. Probably would have been different if Henderson has played.

Play like we did in the first half and hopefully we can see this out.

Thought the crowd looked more than 600. The stand seemed pretty full and at least another 100 standing on the grass banking. Guessing all the neutrals would rather watch Liverpool v Barcelona. A few of the Edinburgh fans too. The ones sitting next to us were glued to their phone the whole game and fucked off when it went 2-0 Liverpool.

55 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The playoffs count as a continuation of the league. You have to have six bookings to get a ban (or a multiple of six for those that have already been banned). 

I'm not sure how many of our players are close to six bookings, but the ban wouldn't be effective until fourteen days after the last booking anyway, so wouldn't affect said player until next season. Assuming they can carry over which the SFA rules don't make clear. 

A red card would, however, result in an immediate two game ban. So we need to avoid that. 

I don’t think any of our players are near the threshold, we’re the cleanest team in the league funnily enough. Had the least yellows, only Tom Lang’s 2 reds have us higher in the red card stat table. Probably because Kevin Nichol spent most his time on the bench :lol: 

I don’t think any of our players are near the threshold, we’re the cleanest team in the league funnily enough. Had the least yellows, only Tom Lang’s 2 reds have us higher in the red card stat table. Probably because Kevin Nichol spent most his time on the bench :lol: 

You need 12 in total to get a ban now in this second half of the season not 6

I honestly thought myself that players were being rested at the weekend for this but evidently we do have a few out injured at the worst possible time.
Clyde looked like the dominant side for the majority of the match but at least the last 20-25 mins was encouraging for City going into Saturday. Shepherd hitting the left post, the crossbar and wide to the right during that time was frustrating though.
Next Stop Broadwood.

15 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You need 12 in total to get a ban now in this second half of the season not 6

That's not how I'm reading the rules? The twelve booking ban only applies to those who have already been banned already for picking up six yellow cards. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Which is far from impossible!

Web results
SECTION 4: SUSPENSIONS FOR PLAYERS IN MEN'S ... - Scottish FA
PDFhttps://www.scottishfa.co.uk › media › su...

While delighted to come away with the 1-0 win  and a pretty good game actually, I couldn't go to bed without having a moan about the fact Edinburgh City raising their prices tonight.

14 quid each for me and my 2 boys (along with everyone else) to stand on a cold, damp uncovered grassy hill with poor view is really poor show from a so called professional football club, be embarrassed Edinburgh not necessary! Shame, as the team are pretty decent, but let yourselves down with that treatment tonight, there was no need for that!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

4 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

While delighted to come away with the 1-0 win  ad a good game actually, I couldn't go to bed without having a moan about the fact Edinburgh City raising their prices tonight.

14 quid each for me and my 2 boys (along with everyone else) to stand on a cold, damp uncovered grassy hill with poor view is really poor show from a so called professional football club, be embarrassed Edinburgh not necessary! Shame, as the team are pretty decent, but let yourselves down with that treatment tonight, there was no need for that!

No reduction for your boys is disgusting apart from the adult £2 increase. 

Is that  because Clyde charge £14 ?

Edited by the philosopher
Spelling

Unfortunately couldn’t make it tonight as I’m stranded abroad with work. Sky sports had Syvertsen down in Rankins position, that correct? I can see the logic in that, curious to know if it worked?
Nah, he played Goodwillie centre forward as usual with Norway and Love on the wings and in behind him drifting across.

That's not how I'm reading the rules? The twelve booking ban only applies to those who have already been banned already for picking up six yellow cards. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Which is far from impossible!

Web results
SECTION 4: SUSPENSIONS FOR PLAYERS IN MEN'S ... - Scottish FA
PDFhttps://www.scottishfa.co.uk › media › su...

After lobbying by the Scottish PFA the rule was changed this season - thus if you reached 6 cautions by the 18th league match 14 days later you had a one match suspension. However, if you got your 6th caution after game 18 nothing happens until you get caution 12 when 14 days later you get a 2 match ban

Made hard work of that particularly in the last 20 mins. Duffie, Love were both unexpectedly brilliant!

Where in the name did we get that referee from? Edin dived and screamed like wee lassies but also weren't shy about leading with the elbow, none of which was noticed by the ref or his incompetent short-haired assistant. Was this the same knob jockey that tried his best to hand Annan a victory at Broadwood last month?  Hopefully he's a mile away from any of our remaining matches!

Missed the early woodwork hit from City, but we were heavily dominant in the first 30 minutes. Love had a fantastic first half.

Edinburgh shaded it for me in the second half, we didn’t seem to get out of second gear. Goodwillie didn’t seem to get the service he required, although was an inch or two away from a ball from Love from the right into the box towards the end.

Edinburgh’s No. 5 had a good game, one of the stand outs for me. We were very lazy with the free kick that was quick down the left, luckily no one was wanting it in the box.

Said in work today I would have been happy with a draw, and with a decent crowd at Broadwood on Saturday quietly confident at winning the tie.

Good to mingle with the City fans tonight. Thought that there was more than 600 there, would have said that there was maybe 300 of ours there.

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

After lobbying by the Scottish PFA the rule was changed this season - thus if you reached 6 cautions by the 18th league match 14 days later you had a one match suspension. However, if you got your 6th caution after game 18 nothing happens until you get caution 12 when 14 days later you get a 2 match ban

Thanks. That makes sense, at least. Six cautions in a season is nothing, really. Be crazy if someone missed a playoff game or a vital end of season match because of that. 

Just home from that! Great first half really dominated but only put 1 away. Fell out of the second half and have no idea how Edinburgh missed that one off the bar in the 2nd.
Shame we didn't take a 2-0 lead away with us tonight but did think it would be a 1-0 to us tonight.

Tough MOTM for me, both Love and Duffie were excellent tonight. Was really impressed worth Duffie stepping in for Cuddihy! Love showed real fight the whole game winning lots and cant remember Duffie doing much wrong either. Thought Lang didn't have his best game either but still Immense again.

Again Edinburgh looked lost up front without Henderson. Hope we target playing about Ballentoni in the 2nd leg cause he looked fucked in the 2nd half.

Piss poor show in attendance from City again, would've thought they were away from home, fair play to the school waens making an effort (with a Cameroon flag [emoji23])

Mon the Bullywee! [emoji837][emoji836][emoji835]

For the first hour I think we ran the legs off Edinburgh, as I hoped we would. The closing down, particularly from the midfield five, was outstanding. That said, we didn't create as many chances as we probably could have done with all the possession that we had, bizarrely it was the Edinburgh midfield pair who kept popping up to rob Goodwillie when he looked to be through.

There's no doubt we were starting to tire and the onslaught of late chances can possibly be put down to that. It did also coincide with us changing our midfield shape though; we had a 1-2 with Grant sitting and McStay/Lamont pressing, then changed to a 2-1 with McStay deeper alongside Nicoll and I don't think it really worked. Both the times Shepherd hit the woodwork came from Edinburgh skipping through our midfield unopposed. I'd need to see the shot that Currie parried out from behind the goal to see how much it moved in the air.

We probably deserve the wee bit of luck with them hitting the woodwork three times but I think we'll definitely need to score at the weekend. Balatoni and Laird both very good players, Thomson annoyingly so as well. The donkey they brought in at centre half couldn't get near Goodwillie though and they seemed to just have a couple of wee lost boys playing in the attacking areas.

That was Love's best game for Clyde by an absolute mile, playing out left rather than through the middle. Duffie, not surprisingly in my eyes, also played very well coming into the team. Syvertsen scored a goal after good work by Goodwillie and great to see him celebrate with our supporters. A good day for our squad depth.