The big semi final play off extravaganza - Edinburgh vs Clyde, Clyde vs Edinburgh

Well either Edinburgh's genuinely suffered a drop in form or they've been on manoeuvres for a while - we'll find out tonight which it is.

For us, there is no direct replacement for Rankin with the experience and specific qualities he's brought all season, so he'll need to find an alternative that still doesn't disrupt the system.  Our defence has been massively improved this season but recently there were just one or two times they got a bit slack, the two goals on Saturday were examples of that although Cuddihy pulled up for the second - but they know what's coming with Edinburgh so will need to focus the full 90.

If Cuddihy's just felt the hamstring tight I'd leave him out, would be too risky.  He should be OK for Saturday with a week's rest & treatment.  I reckon he'll go with as much experience as possible tonight to try & make sure we're still in a strong position for Saturday.  We could also use a bang in form Goodie for these games, especially with Ranks missing.   All the lads have been terrific since coming to the club, these are the games they all need to step up and take responsibility for their role, nobody's going to just give them a win, have to earn it.  If they do that, more than capable.  

I’ll be following this one from a beach in Mexico, hopefully the Clyde Twitter is better for regular updates than ours. Anything that keeps the tie alive for the 2nd leg will do me.

On the pricing it does seem a bit off to me but I wonder if it’s something both clubs need to agree on, i.e. pricing needs to be the same for both legs?

Our injuries have just been too much for us to cope with since the turn of the year and for all playoffs can throw up some interesting results I expect us to bow out at this stage.

20 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I’ll be following this one from a beach in Mexico, hopefully the Clyde Twitter is better for regular updates than ours. Anything that keeps the tie alive for the 2nd leg will do me.

On the pricing it does seem a bit off to me but I wonder if it’s something both clubs need to agree on, i.e. pricing needs to be the same for both legs?

Our injuries have just been too much for us to cope with since the turn of the year and for all playoffs can throw up some interesting results I expect us to bow out at this stage.

Our Twitter is usually quite good for updates. 

Embra here We come.
Expect all Clyde players to concentrate on the fact their form over the last few months has been great and put their best form to use tonight followed by a qualifying for the final performance on Saturday.
We’re with you all the way guys.

Lennon needs to drop Nicol tonight. He was murder on Saturday and was rightly subbed early in the second half. 

I'd play Boyle to replace Rankin and Stewart or Duffie for Cuddihy if he's injured. Wouldnt be against replacing McNiff with Stewart either actually.

Big game tonight. A must win imo. Cant afford to lose and go into Saturday needing a comeback.

I'm not so sure about this big Kev bashing. You could have taken anyone off on Saturday.  In saying that I wouldn't start him tonight or Love. These two are much better coming on later in the game.

Tonight's game is a different story. We are back on astro which to my mind suits us, all games in the play offs now are on astro I think.  We need to get back to what we do best and that's moving the ball about quickly and playing the great football that will see us win the play off's.

I expect a win tonight as Henderson wont get the supply he needs we have centre backs that can cope with him. It will be close tonight but going for a 2-0 win.

On 5 May 2019 at 18:35, Officer Barbrady said:

Ochilview is by far the preferred venue i'm sure for any possible final. Old terracin, old ground- perfect.

It's a wonderful place for football if you ignore the two open sides and the playing surface.

looks like nicoll is taking the blame for Saturday then. virtually nobody got pass marks I see a clamour for Boyle to play why ? he has produced very little this season hasn't featured in the last two games can only hope he suddenly sparks into action but not sure he warrants a start I would put Syvertsen in for love if cuddhy isn't fit mcniff right back and Stewart left back Duffie wasn't even in the bench Saturday so presume he is injured

Wasn’t going to go tonight, but of course by 11am this morning that changed. So 3 of us in the car tonight, just couldn’t not support the team after this seasons effort. Not 100% confident to be honest given key injuries but what the Hell; Here we go again come on!!!

looks like nicoll is taking the blame for Saturday then. virtually nobody got pass marks I see a clamour for Boyle to play why ? he has produced very little this season hasn't featured in the last two games can only hope he suddenly sparks into action but not sure he warrants a start I would put Syvertsen in for love if cuddhy isn't fit mcniff right back and Stewart left back Duffie wasn't even in the bench Saturday so presume he is injured

I wouldnt say he's to blame for Saturday. He was just the poorest of a team of poor performers from what I remember.
For me he doesnt offer anything to the team when he starts. Rarely sets up an attack and continually gives away needless fouls which in the past have cost us goals. Always gets booked and sometimes sent off as a result and leaves us hanging during games. He's useful to bring on for the last 10-15 minutes to kill a game and see it out for a result.

Boyle hasn't started much this season but hes offers more all round compared to Nicol for me and I dont see any other direct replacements for Rankin as McStay, Lamont, Grant all have their individual roles in the team already.

I wouldnt say he's to blame for Saturday. He was just the poorest of a team of poor performers from what I remember.
For me he doesnt offer anything to the team when he starts. Rarely sets up an attack and continually gives away needless fouls which in the past have cost us goals. Always gets booked and sometimes sent off as a result and leaves us hanging during games. He's useful to bring on for the last 10-15 minutes to kill a game and see it out for a result.

Boyle hasn't started much this season but hes offers more all round compared to Nicol for me and I dont see any other direct replacements for Rankin as McStay, Lamont, Grant all have their individual roles in the team already.
we can disagree on this one [emoji16]
I think he breaks up attacks gives you a presence in midfield Boyle is a good footballer but he gets pushed off the ball to easy to play in the centre of midfield kev your playing him he has to be further forward
don't care who plays as long as we win

Edinburgh Evening News reporting Henderson very doubtful.
Expect to see him in the starting 11.
wasn't even on the bench on Saturday might just have been a precaution if he doesn't play that's a huge plus for us

we can disagree on this one [emoji16]
I think he breaks up attacks gives you a presence in midfield Boyle is a good footballer but he gets pushed off the ball to easy to play in the centre of midfield kev your playing him he has to be further forward
don't care who plays as long as we win
As long as we win I'd be happy with you playing centre mid mate [emoji38]