The big semi final play off extravaganza - Edinburgh vs Clyde, Clyde vs Edinburgh

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

60mph winds had quite a lot to with that. The prospect of travelling to Annan on a Tuesday, then welcoming their six uncles (as the team will of course share those) on the Saturday is nothing to look forward to. 

You've no got that  to worry  about !

6 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Ah put a sock in it, lad. I've had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of City's fans and Clyde are a decent bunch too - me wishing them the best has nothing to do with Annan, or Berwick and our disastrous season for that matter.

Clyde fans are 99.9% wankers. 

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:
4 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:
Ochilview is by far the preferred venue i'm sure for any possible final. Old terracin, old ground- perfect.

Absolutely. Seen my best ever Clyde game there back in the 90s. Was talking about it yesterday to a Hearts/Clyde supporting pal of mine at Central Park. 3-0 down at HT. Came back to win 4-3. Scenes. Some more of the same please minus the 3-0 down part!

Remember it well. Thought I’d suffered a brain haemorrhage when we scored the 4th, such was the intensity of the celebration! Calmed down since those days due to age. 

If you’re in Stonehouse btw, I’m just up the road in Sandford. We do get around ! 

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

Clyde fans are 99.9% wankers. 

Given our average home attendance, that’ll mean that about two thirds of a person isn’t a w****r. That’ll be me. I’m only 5ft 6. 

Remember it well. Thought I’d suffered a brain haemorrhage when we scored the 4th, such was the intensity of the celebration! Calmed down since those days due to age. 
If you’re in Stonehouse btw, I’m just up the road in Sandford. We do get around ! 
Small world! I did used to be, grew up there and went to high school in strathaven. Now in the bright lighs and big smoke of Ferniegair!

Absolutely. Seen my best ever Clyde game there back in the 90s. Was talking about it yesterday to a Hearts/Clyde supporting pal of mine at Central Park. 3-0 down at HT. Came back to win 4-3. Scenes. Some more of the same please minus the 3-0 down part!

“Pedantry Alert”
It was 5th February 2000. Not in the 90s.
Thank you and back on topic!

On 04/05/2019 at 20:52, the_bully_wee said:

filling our John Rankin-shaped hole

This is the biggest challenge. No doubt we have good players but I worry it may be square pegs trying to fill round holes. Agree nicol may not be best option but I can't see DL dropping him. 

Injuries to Rankin and potentially Cuddihy are a big blow. Hopefully Cuddihy is fit and if so I would be playing him in midfield with Duffie in at right back. Nicol is great to bring on if we need to see the game out but doesn't fit into how we play otherwise.

we didn't play well Saturday lost two preventable goals not an excuse but we just don't seem to perform at central park just one of those grounds I'm not too worried about Edinburgh will be a tough game but beat them last three we have played them, not sure resting players is a good idea especially at this level, one game a week these guys play,
let's see if it works

30 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

we didn't play well Saturday lost two preventable goals not an excuse but we just don't seem to perform at central park just one of those grounds I'm not too worried about Edinburgh will be a tough game but beat them last three we have played them, not sure resting players is a good idea especially at this level, one game a week these guys play,
let's see if it works

If they play like they did against a Cowden you’ll win with goals to spare.