Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

5 minutes ago, Pulp said:

Can’t make this to work but I’m more confident of winning the away leg than the home leg.

Yeah our home form is rotten. Ideally we'll (somehow) bag a couple of goals and take a decent lead back up the road but I can't see it.

28 minutes ago, Pulp said:

Probably a stupid question but if it’s all square over two legs does it go to extra time or straight to penalties?

Extra time then penalties, this has only happened once before to my knowledge in the Hibs vs Hamilton play-off final.

We have been poor against Inverness all season and that will have to change tonight if we are going to progress. Both teams are better away from home so I'm hoping we can at least get a draw and give ourselves a good chance in the second leg.

No more injuries would also be nice, as we are struggling with them as it is and can barely field a defence. I hope Smith being taken off was just a precaution and he makes it as otherwise Doc will probably have to play right back. 3/4 fit defenders is a big worry, but we should still have enough to at least be competitive.

Ayr 1-1 Inverness (Shankland, Austin).

LINEUP111557159326471.png

Edited by Honest_Ally

We normally go with White up front by himself in a 4-2-31 style but against Ayr, and at the weekend v Dunfermline, Austin was played up front with him as well. Seems to work quite well against Ayr so it will be interesting to see if Robbo does this again and whether McCall changes Ayr in any way to counter.

McDaid and Cadden roasted Rooney last time out. Expecting more of the same this evening.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one, not sure who to cheer for as I genuinely like both teams. Ayr have a really good young team and I have enjoyed watching them while I have always had a soft spot for Inverness due to their history of employing Canadian players.  

44 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:
1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
The Lawrence shankland interview in the daily record doesnt exactly fill me up with much confidence.

Got a link? / what does it say?

It was in the paper mate. It was basically him just saying about how our pitch isn't as good as most of the other grounds.

It was in the paper mate. It was basically him just saying about how our pitch isn't as good as most of the other grounds.
Cheers!

He just needs to get his head on the game tonight and score.

He needs to go out in a blaze of glory!!

Mon Shanks, get right into them!

Heart - Ayr to rediscover their early season form and win 5-1 Shankland hat-trick. [emoji846]

Head - terrible performance from Ayr losing 3-0. [emoji852]