Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Sickener seeing that equaliser. 2 Caley men attacking the ball with only one defender (think its Muirhead).  Someone hasnt followed a runner and its so avoidable. 

7 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Probably Neilson being a right fud, although he’s always been like that wherever he’s been.

Can’t really call anyone’s manager a fud when you have jobbie McCall ffs. :lol:

2 hours ago, munro7 said:

Got to think early season Shankland effortlessly buries that early chance.

It's almost like you're team in actual fact, was getting massively carried on the form of one player. 

Who would've thought?! 

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's almost like you're team in actual fact, was getting massively carried on the form of one player. 

Who would've thought?! 

It's almost like your team in actual fact was getting massively carried on form by fuckin no one.

Who would've thought?!

Edited by Buckfast

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Who would've thought?! 

That's one argument, but the truth is that we had Shankland, Kerr, Forrest, Adams and Geggan out at the same time. With those players all out it's little wonder our form dipped. And then we lost Bell just before the end of the season. For me, losing Kerr for 2 or 3 months was as big a blow as Shankland being out.

14 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Well done Caley Thistle and good luck in the rest of the play-offs.
We just couldnt quite land a serious blow on you all season, in a season that exceeded everyones expectations.

You're 100% right there, you've had a great season which nobody could have predicted.

52 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

He's quite right.

Not really. 

If you finish 3rd/4th in a ten team league even having the chance of promotion is as good as you deserve. 

Fourth is effectively mid-table ffs.

6 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Not really. 

If you finish 3rd/4th in a ten team league even having the chance of promotion is as good as you deserve. 

Fourth is effectively mid-table ffs.

Who's to say that all the results would have fallen the same if we were all starting off the season without playoffs, after all, your mob spunked all that cash in January in the knowledge that you'd be in the playoffs at worst, a bit more of a punt if you need to finish in the top 2.

You'll not need to worry as you can aim for winning this league next season, certainly going nowhere this season.

Edited by ayrmad

Just now, Tarmo Kink said:

I agree with this but the play-offs should be consistent throughout all leagues.

Yeah, I’ve not read Robertson’s comments so if that’s his gripe then I totally agree but it’s for the convenance of the top flight club.  

1 minute ago, NEFarab said:

Yeah, I’ve not read Robertson’s comments so if that’s his gripe then I totally agree but it’s for the convenance of the top flight club.  

I think his gripe was more that your mob were getting a helping hand, don't remember that being in the mix at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Who's to say that all the results would have fallen the same if we were all starting off the season without playoffs, after all, your mob spunked all that cash in January in the knowledge that you'd be in the playoffs at worst, a bit more of a punt if you need to finish in the top 2.

What the f**k are you on about? 

We did finish second so you’re point doesn’t really make much sense.

We spent money in January in order to try to win the title which we fell ultimately short of because we had left ourselves too much to do post January. 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think his gripe was more that your mob were getting a helping hand, don't remember that being in the mix at the start of the season.

We deserve a helping hand because we finished 9 points clear of his side, same way Livingston and Falkirk deserved a helping hand over us the previous two years.

You can’t complain about another side in your division having a helping hand if they finished above you on merit. 

And unless the rules have changed since the start of the season I have no idea what you or him are talking about with the last point. 

Edited by NEFarab

1 minute ago, NEFarab said:

What the f**k are you on about? 

We did finish second so you’re point doesn’t really make much sense.

We spent money in January in order to try to win the title which we fell ultimately short of because we had left ourselves too much to do post January. 

Only you and the pundits that really believed you had a shout of top slot, the rest of us all knew you were too shite and too far behind to win the league.

2 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

We deserve a helping hand because we finished 9 points clear of his side, same way Livingston and Falkirk deserved a helping hand over us the previous two years.

You can’t complain about another side in your division having a helping hand if they finished above you on merit. 

And unless the rules have changed since the start of the season I have no idea what you or him are talking about with the last point. 

It's quite obvious that you've no idea what he's on about, probably better knowing what your bumping your gums about before you start bumping them.