Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

Just now, ayrmad said:

Only you and the pundits that really believed you had a shout of top slot, the rest of us all knew you were too shite and too far behind to win the league.

IIRC we would have gone level with county if they didn’t get a 94th minute equaliser so that’s wrong.

Just now, ayrmad said:

It's quite obvious that you've no idea what he's on about, probably better knowing what your bumping your gums about before you start bumping them.

Nope, I just read it and he’s complaining that we’ve had nine extra days rest and that the games should have been played later in the week. 

If he wanted the 9 days extra rest he could’ve finished above us and he wouldn’t have had any complaints.

16 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Nope, I just read it and he’s complaining that we’ve had nine extra days rest and that the games should have been played later in the week. 

If he wanted the 9 days extra rest he could’ve finished above us and he wouldn’t have had any complaints.

That's fine, that's why we'll all be delighted when we're playing you again next season, hopefully your new mob are using their own cash rather than the norm in the City of Discovery Dishonesty.

25 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That's fine, that's why we'll all be delighted when we're playing you again next season, hopefully your new mob are using their own cash rather than the norm in the City of Discovery Dishonesty.

Yup, you’ll need to have the tangerine pound to add to your coffers a couple more times as you hurt at a galactic pace back to league one. 

I'm just back from Inverness, after staying up there with the wife and kids last night. First of all, what a great wee city. The centre was bouncing yesterday with a vintage car thing and so a great atmosphere, and we had a good weekend.

United did us proud, and gave it a good fucking run. I agree about shankland being so frustrated and needing an extra touch. Ultimately promotion for us was going to come off the back of him finding form again, which never really happened. But it wasn't for a want of trying - and I was genuinely emotional at the end. What a great couple of years the lad has given us.

The game turned on two moments for me. Robbie had a great chance, and just needs to hit the target instead of collapsing and smashing it over. Then as we go into the last 10-15 we need a quality delivery and instead miller hits the first defender and ICT go up and kill the game off. That last ten mins would've seen ICT sit deeper and deeper and we'd have squeezed a couple of chances.

Ah well, they'll never take that night at tannadice away.

Not our finest performance but as others have said we were clearly playing within ourselves ahead of a potentially very touch schedule so I can see why the players weren't bursting a gut as they might have been if it was a league game. Did get pretty nervous after Ayr scored and throughout most of the game as they created most of the decent (half) chances. Delighted when Donaldson / Polworth combined to seal the tie with that late goal. 

I think we did handle most of what Ayr threw at us pretty well. McCart again was a stand out for me. He's such a class defender at such a young age. His reading of the game and timing in the challenge is quite simply superb. Get him a contract extension ASAP please.

Ayr fans were excellent again yesterday. Big task ahead of us to get past United especially after their wee break. Suspect we will do better away from home so provided we are still in it after the first leg then I feel we might just sneak it though fatigue was clearly setting in with some of the players yesterday which isn't too much of a surprise. 

10 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Yup, you’ll need to have the tangerine pound to add to your coffers a couple more times as you hurt at a galactic pace back to league one. 

In all honesty, your crowds at Somerset were hardly a deal breaker for us, a decent Partick and/or Morton would probably suit us better IIBH.

I'll be comfy in the knowledge that every season your mob spend down here will just push your mob towards another financial episode.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

In all honesty, your crowds at Somerset were hardly a deal breaker for us, a decent Partick and/or Morton would probably suit us better IIBH.

I'll be comfy in the knowledge that every season your mob spend down here will just push your mob towards another financial episode.

Think you might be getting confused with the mob across the road.

12 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

2 administrations versus 0.

Aye, no better 

Only 0 as you made a p in the £ arrangement before admin, still OPM that went up in smoke.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Best you just ignore the arab as he was probably shiting it if you had beaten us as you did thrash them 0-5 earlier on, now they think they have a chance with us.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

Best you just ignore the arab as he was probably shiting it if you had beaten us as you did thrash them 0-5 earlier on, now they think they have a chance with us.

Play like we did at your tip a few weeks ago and I have every faith.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'll have my fingers,toes and eyes crossed for you, good wee day yesterday and treated well by everyone.

10 hours ago, Buckfast said:

It's almost like your team in actual fact was getting massively carried on form by fuckin no one.

Who would've thought?!

Aye we were absolutely shite. 

You'll still be in the same division next season though, desperately trying to avoid relegation. 

43 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Will be interesting to see how Ayr do next season wth Smith, Shankland, Rose, Doohan and possibly more all gone. Their early season form was excellent but since November time it’s been relegation form.

January, I'll think you'll find. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye we were absolutely shite. 

You'll still be in the same division next season though, desperately trying to avoid relegation. 

Going by your chairman's statement you should be more concerned with your own team.

There was an outrageous offside call from the stand side linesman yesterday and opprobrium was duly heaped upon him from the home dugout.

Unlike earlier in the tie, the Ayr attack was not able to take advantage and on such fine margins are futures settled.