Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Was listening on AU Media, sounded like a touch of class from John Robertson at the end waiting for our players to come off the park. 
From the coverage it sounded like we gave it a right good go, the ICT equaliser felt like a sucker punch. 

Think this team deserve alot of credit for making the step up and on first ask not only avoiding relegation but making it into the promotion playoffs. 
Good luck to ICT, hope they batter Dundee United in the next round. 

Don’t cry. :lol:

f**k me if thats how to win football games 6 footers all over the park then f**k the premier league. Both games only one team play real football

Hard lines Ayr. Some season but a bridge too far. Probably something you all expected, having already exceeded all original expectations.

Would have rooted for yous and will root for ICT to pump the DABs. Thereafter I couldnt give a f**k and only really care to see the number of plastic pitches in the top league maximised.

Best of luck ICT.

7 minutes ago, Ayr145 said:

f**k me if thats how to win football games 6 footers all over the park then f**k the premier league. Both games only one team play real football

Whilst Inverness will go on to the semi final Ayr are the real winners here because they play 'real football'. I'm sure they'll cherish that trophy.

Just now, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Well done Super @AyrUnitedFC . I would have been happy to finish 8th but 4th and 6 games away from playing in the Premier League was amazing. A super season now lets build on this. We are Ayr Super Ayr naebdy likes us AND we don't care.
Good luck to @ICTFC in the semi final and beyond

Ayr are easily the most popular club in the league among opposition fans. Most of us love Somerset.

11 minutes ago, Ayr145 said:

Oaft. 

Good luck to Inverness.  Purely out of self interest I hope they get promoted, so we don't have to play them 4 times next season. Can't stand games against them. No wins out of six this season . Last win I can remember is when we beat them 3-0 in the league and 5-1 in some cup or other, both in the same week in 2001.  Surely must be a win or two since then.

Queens look like they're back on form. Yet another Dobbie hat trick. Guy's unreal. Looks like Raith could lose in the playoffs yet again. Hope they don't, as I would  prefer them to  Queens, who can't be as bad again next season.  It would also get rid of another team we find it hard to beat

So come on you Raith. Come on you Inverness.  (Never thought I would ever utter either of those sentences).

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Whilst Inverness will go on to the semi final Ayr are the real winners here because they play 'real football'. I'm sure they'll cherish that trophy.

We can put it into the cabinet beside our 40 point trophy.

Ayr are easily the most popular club in the league among opposition fans. Most of us love Somerset.

Yup. They need to change the words to “a sizeable majority of rival league fans are actually quite positive towards us, and we don’t care.”

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We can put it into the cabinet beside our 40 point trophy.

A fine achievement 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup. They need to change the words to “a sizeable majority of rival league fans are actually quite positive towards us, and we don’t care.”

Aye it's a bizarre claim

Nonsense

Real football is winning games.

Thought with a wee bit more composure we could have won that by a couple and at least taken it to extra time but at the same time was nervous at every high ball into our box.
Whilst I can’t see it with the schedule of games, can only echo what others have said and hope ICT go up as they’ve just got our number and we could do without having to play them next year!

Nonsense

Real football is winning games.

Absolutely. We can have our opinions about how we think football should be played stylistically, but the only good football is winning football.

I’ve said it before, but we need to be more adaptable to this style of play. It may be attritional but it’s been effective against our team of hobbits

Christ where is all the Ayr United fans hatred of DUFC come from? Haha. Because we signed Smith?

No

Probably the arrogance from the fans and the manager that has done it. You seem to be making more of the Smith signing for some reason and it’s quite bizarre.

4 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Christ where is all the Ayr United fans hatred of DUFC come from? Haha. Because we signed Smith?

Probably Neilson being a right fud, although he’s always been like that wherever he’s been.

No idea why folk are getting their knickers in a twist about ICT having big players :lol: