Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

If we get the first goal I'll feel okay. If Ayr score first I'll need to look out a change of underwear.
We really need to score first and score early. There's only one man for the job. Step forward......

Mark Kerr.

We really need to score first and score early. There's only one man for the job. Step forward......

Mark Kerr.

He’s 33-1 to score first on Bet365 in case you’re interested.

If we get a goal in the first 20 minutes then I’ll feel pretty confident but I’ve got a horrible feeling we’ll batter away at them then give away another penalty or soft goal after an hour.

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed.  I think Brechin finished 4th in League One and went up via the play-offs in 2016-2017.  Then subsequently signed no one and got fucking murdered most weeks.  There's no way Brechin should've been in the Championship last season.  They were mid table.  

Just checking.  They did indeed finish 4th, 12 points behind 2nd placed Raith, with a goal difference of -6, and they got promoted. :lol:

Edit - They were closer to bottom of the table Stenhousemiur (11 points) than Raith.

They also lost more games than they won in the league, and won both play-off ties on penalties. We actually beat them 6-1 shortly before the end of the season, then managed to lose to them in the play-offs. Although had they strengthened even a wee bit (they actually lost Dougie Hill and Alan Trouten after promotion) and sacked Dods earlier they would surely have managed a few wins in the Championship. Perhaps they regret that promotion now given what has happened since. 

But aye, 4th from 10 definitely shouldn't be in the play-offs IMO. Given in lower leagues it used to be two up and two down then the side who finished 2nd is the one who suffer due to play-offs. Perhaps they could go straight to final with 9th and 3rd playing off to meet them. I know we haven't had two up and down from Premier but 11th v 3rd and winner to play 2nd would also be fairer than current system. 

Anyway, good luck to both sets of fans in getting through the day and may the best team win. 

First goal is so important today if we can score in the first 20 minutes it will be squeaky bum time for Cally, keep the ball on the ground and be on the front foot and we have chance here this game is far from over going for 2-0 Ayr and us going through after pens.

Ayr are definetly capable of getting a win today but I think Caley Thistle will do enough to get through to play Hamilton/ St Mirren in the final.

17 hours ago, rb123! said:
18 hours ago, marello said:
9 hours return ayr to inverness, are you going via carlisle??? hope all those travelling get home safely, that A9 is a monster...

Well it's 4 hours up so an 8 hour return journey to be spot on, however if you were to stop for a break either way it'll be nearer 9 hours.

Plus seven miles of roadworks just north of Perth.

Kerr & McCowan in for Doc & Moff. Surprised McDaid has kept his place, would have swapped him for Millar. Murdoch on the right looks like.

I think it’s Crawford on the left with Murdoch and Kerr in the middle.