Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

Wanted to wait till tonight to post to try digest last night. We actually didn't play that badly so it's frustrating to be 3-1 down. Agree McCowan should start on Saturday as Moff sadly looked jaded.

Didn't think there was much between the two sides last night. ICT just handled the fine margins better than us.

A couple of pieces of poor defending cost us. We had no control over the offside goal but McCall can certainly try tighten up our defending in training this week.

The game could easily swing back in our favour. Its only half time after all. Can see us going up there and winning 2nil on Saturday now and this going the distance.

Hopefully we'll still take a decent support up there. The players need our backing more than ever, so it was disappointing last night to hear a few folk starting to sing "we're fking shite".

14 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Wanted to wait till tonight to post to try digest last night. We actually didn't play that badly so it's frustrating to be 3-1 down. Agree McCowan should start on Saturday as Moff sadly looked jaded.

Didn't think there was much between the two sides last night. ICT just handled the fine margins better than us.

A couple of pieces of poor defending cost us. We had no control over the offside goal but McCall can certainly try tighten up our defending in training this week.

The game could easily swing back in our favour. Its only half time after all. Can see us going up there and winning 2nil on Saturday now and this going the distance.

Hopefully we'll still take a decent support up there. The players need our backing more than ever, so it was disappointing last night to hear a few folk starting to sing "we're fking shite".

The mentality of some people in the main stand is shocking, guys giving their al for the team up against players 6 inches plus talker not able to win some headers, Sone of the shouts directed towards McDaid disgusting, didn’t get any luck last night but the players have given so much. 

22 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

This post more like it for Ayr.

I'm feckin sick of posts going on and feckin on about penalty decisions and who shoved who etc.

Gies feckin peace.

Game on on Saturday.

This post more like it for Ayr.
I'm feckin sick of posts going on and feckin on about penalty decisions and who shoved who etc.
Gies feckin peace.
Game on on Saturday.
You can be sick all you like chief, it was a contentious decision and it's left us with a bit of a mountain to climb.

13 minutes ago, Naeleftfit said:

The mentality of some people in the main stand is shocking, guys giving their al for the team up against players 6 inches plus talker not able to win some headers, Sone of the shouts directed towards McDaid disgusting, didn’t get any luck last night but the players have given so much. 

McDaid was mince last night, not sure luck had anything to do with it. Didn't deserve any abuse though.

You can be sick all you like chief, it was a contentious decision and it's left us with a bit of a mountain to climb.

Imagine people talking about contentious issues after a big game, eh?

Folk expecting referees, who are humans, to get every single decision correct when they have varying angles to see incidents and have to make a decision in real time :lol:

Folk thinking it's in any way strange or odd that a ref doesn't get every decision correct :lol:

McDaid was mince last night, not sure luck had anything to do with it. Didn't deserve any abuse though.
There's a line. Giving a player a bit of a roasting is absolutely fine, but when it's constant, or when it's outright abuse... Those folk need telt.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Didn’t have his best game, the luck was more in reference to the entire night, decision s,  lucky bounces etc. But hurling abuse at your own is uncalled for. 

Right unthinkable comebacks are in the air this week, we can fucking go to Inverness and pull off our own unbelievable comeback. I'm pumped for Saturday after seeing Tottenham and Liverpool do the unthinkable.

C'MON AYR!!

33 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The worst I could imagine is being handcuffed to a radiator with an Ayr fan in Kabul or suchlike as hostages, I would feckin chew my arm off to get away.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

The worst I could imagine is being handcuffed to a radiator with an Ayr fan in Kabul or suchlike as hostages, I would feckin chew my arm off to get away.

We'll see what happens on Saturday, I'm sure you'll not be questioning dodgy decisions if it goes our way.

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Right unthinkable comebacks are in the air this week, we can fucking go to Inverness and pull off our own unbelievable comeback. I'm pumped for Saturday after seeing Tottenham and Liverpool do the unthinkable.

C'MON AYR!!

Freudian forum for this promulgation.

McCall's comments in that BBC article are absolutely bang-on. Play-Offs should be genuinely exciting for fans whose team have a chance of promotion, but to ask an already injury-ravaged Ayr to play 6 games to get there is just pathetic and for that reason I'm not really feeling the excitement at the moment. Scottish football is, in my opinion, on an upward trajectory but we still have an absolutely shambolic set of people making the big decisions.

This is utter nonsense.

You finished 3rd in a 10 team league and don’t deserve promotion or special treatment etc. Much like ourselves last season.

Can’t believe a side gets a shot at promotion and whines and complains about a few extra matches, when they knew it would be the case for months and said nothing.

This thread is shite tbf.

Ref made 2 errors. The goal was offside and it wasn’t a penalty imo. I’ll give the ref stick during the game but ultimately he can’t see everything that happens and in fact one of those errors is down to the linesman but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that his view is somewhat obscured. Other than that I thought we played ok but not enough to win the game. We had 3 chances that should have been goals. The one we scored with, McDaids that he put over the bar and McCowans chance just after coming on. I can’t really remember Doohan having to do too much tonight. The first two goals are easily avoidable and the 3rd is never a penalty. It’s shite I know but that’s what happens sometimes.

Secondly, I don’t like the play offs. I’m pleased Ayr have a chance to go up but it’s a bit stupid that a 4th placer team out of 10 can get promoted. It’d make more sense to have bottom 2 down and top 2 up. You’d get more variety in the league as well.