Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Interesting read this. ICT basically saying that playing this game on Saturday will cost them money given how much of the ticket sales the SPFL hoover up.

Why on earth do the SPFL hoover up so much of the money and what exactly does it go towards, pretty sure we would have made a loss last night after seeing how the money is spread out.

Why on earth do the SPFL hoover up so much of the money and what exactly does it go towards, pretty sure we would have made a loss last night after seeing how the money is spread out.

Presume you didn’t read the statement as it explained exactly where the money goes.

For the offside goal, can't see why people keep chuntering on about camera angles. You don't need to worry about that when you can see clearly that the scorer is inside the box, and no Ayr player is, when the pass was made. Open and shut case m'lud. No need for discussion really. The officials got it wrong and totally changed the dynamics of the game. Pair of  incompetent chancers.  It's not them again on Saturday is it ?
Still maintain the penalty was incredibly soft. Just hope we get the rub of the green up in Inverness, but I doubt it somehow. Almost got to the stage of getting my tin foil hat out and indulging in a bit of conspiracy theorising.  Have always believed our officials might be incompetent but were so in an unbiased way.  This game strained that belief to the utmost. Ref obviously thought a 1 goal lead might not be enough for ICT and gave them a clearly offside goal just to be on the safe side. Then when we got one back he shat himself and gave them a soft penalty to restore the 2 goal lead. The fly in the ointment of this half baked theory is that I cant quite work out why the powers that be would rather have Inverness in the top league than us. Am I missing something here ?
Regarding ICT style of play , I agree  that Robertson has rumbled our weakness against height and strength and rightly got his team to play that way against us. The results speak for themselves. I assume they play more football against bigger and more physical sides than us.  For us, only Muirhead and Rose have any real aerial presence, as Rose showed with his goal where he seemed head and shoulders above the defence.,  Great header.

The ICT bias that officials have is one of the biggest problems in Scottish Football right now imo.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Presume you didn’t read the statement as it explained exactly where the money goes.

Didn't realise there was more after the pricing for Saturday's game

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Steven McLean the ref on Saturday so hardly an improvement.

Great idea to have a Kilmarnock fan handle a big Ayr game. No chance of dodgy goings on whatsoever.

If we're going with daft conspiracy theories I'll throw one in.

McLean hates us because his brother used to play for Ross County. He'll give everything to Ayr.

9 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

He also has had a number of howlers refereeing us, including the Dundee United cup game this year where he and his officials ruled out an onside goal, gave a penalty for a clear dive and gave Dundee United almost everything. If anyone is getting decisions this weekend it’s Ayr...

As for the decisions last night, it looks offside but it’s hard to tell from the video. It’s definitely a penalty and I never saw the supposed red card incident. I did notice Ayr got a free kick for pretty much nothing so I’m not sure where these conspiracy theories are coming from.

It's only hard if you want to ignore that big white line that only one player has breached.

White has one foot over the white line and the rest of his body, including his other leg, looks to be about on the line. There is another Ayr player standing on that white line, between White and the linesman, which would suggest White is marginally offside, but is blocked out from the linesmans view. From the angle in the video it’s obviously inconclusive though, and I think there is some amount of reaching by Ayr fans, given that they are criticising the ref for giving a pretty obvious penalty.

Yup. The radio commentary was entirely convinced it was a penalty. The referee has a much better view of that, and the offside, than the camera. You can’t tell a thing about the offside from where the camera is.

I haven’t seen a conclusive angle of the offside so I can’t 100% comment on it yet. The penalty though, that’s a clear foul by Kerr (I think) on McCart. An absolutely needlessly stupid one as well. Not sure how anyone can blame the ref for that one.
A clear foul? Oh come on. He leans into him, and for me that's not a penalty.

I was expecting a push, but there's no way that can be described as a push.

Anyway, I'm more concerned by rose's stupid header for the second goal. What kind of centre half does that? He's going to have to improve massively if he's going to make it down south.

Also not impressed by the weakness of Smith at the opening goal. He's got to do a bit better.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

To be fair I think they're still on 240p resolution up there.

Just seems weird, they can't see that or the kick but they can definitely tell that Kerr has done enough to concede a penalty.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Just seems weird, they can't see that or the kick but they can definitely tell that Kerr has done enough to concede a penalty.

I posted a photo of it and they're still going on about the angle of the video.

Kerr definitely uses his arm to shove McCart there. It’s not a dreadful foul, but a clear one.
Shove? Not using any definition I've ever known.

He puts his arm up into the player's back. There is clearly contact. Said player then arches his back and jumps because he knows that he can't keep the header down.

Funnily enough, you need a far better angle to judge an offside decision than you do for a foul. Just seems weird that you can’t see that.
I think they see in 144p resolution down there.