Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

1 hour ago, Pulp said:

I think we’ll go through but my only fear is that early season Shankland turns up.

Never mind early season Shankland. There’s a new kid on the block and he’s known as late season Luke.

We've done well against Ayr United this season. One point from twelve (?) will not give them much confidence. Whilst I think they are good in an attacking sense they look pretty poor at the back. We're on a good wee run of form and Ayr have been a wee bit inconsistent so I'm feeling quite good about this one.

Ayr United 4 - 0 ICT.

Not really sure what to expect on Tuesday. Given our form I’d probably settle for a draw to take up to Inverness but a win isn’t out of the realms of possibility.

Inverness are also the best away team in the league and one of the worst home teams so I’d think our best chance of winning will come in the second leg.

Don't think what's happened between the teams this season will have much of a bearing for the playoffs. I'm sure all the tired players will have an extra spring in their step and be a bit more motivated. Expect it to be tight, ICT always looked like an organised side whenever I've seen them.

Plus, I'd like to see what Robertson is like in an interview after we've beaten him. Always very complimentary to Ayr when his team wins.

Given our injuries at the back I'm bricking it for Tuesday night. We will need to double up on our right hand side given we have no right back. Team something like this:

Doohan

Docherty Rose Muirhead Harvie

Murdoch Crawford Kerr McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ecrepont, Cadden, Miller, McCowan, Forrest & AN Other.

With Murdoch playing the Geggan role and helping Docherty out at right back. (It pains me as I'd rather have Murdoch in the middle but to protect us on the right hes the best option.) 

What size of crowd are we thinking for Tuesday night, i can't see any more than 2,000 Ayr fans unfortunately, don't think the folk who haven't been to any other Ayr games this season would turn out until the semis if we get that far. Doesn't help the club either with the Somerset game midweek now instead of the Saturday. 

What size of crowd are we thinking for Tuesday night, i can't see any more than 2,000 Ayr fans unfortunately, don't think the folk who haven't been to any other Ayr games this season would turn out until the semis if we get that far. Doesn't help the club either with the Somerset game midweek now instead of the Saturday. 
I'm thinking 2,200 - 2,500 home fans.
Could be the last time many see some if the players
So, so, so hope not

8 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Could be the last time many see some if the players

If it goes wrong in over these two legs it will be for me, unfortunately can't make it to Inverness this weekend. 
Genuinely I'd be disappointed for anything less than 2500, how many are likely to travel down the A9 for this 3-400 tops? 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

If it goes wrong in over these two legs it will be for me, unfortunately can't make it to Inverness this weekend. 
Genuinely I'd be disappointed for anything less than 2500, how many are likely to travel down the A9 for this 3-400 tops? 

Scotrail are apparently laying on free train travel for us. Maybe a couple of thousand :lol:

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:
46 minutes ago, I said:
Scotrail are apparently laying on free train travel for us. Maybe a couple of thousand emoji38.png

Depends whether the ecotrywould actually get us there or not, debatable...

Yeah I'm dubious as to the chances of it coming off. Hope I'm wrong though would be a cracking way to get there for nothing. I'll be making a weekend of it, as the weather is looking promising so I'll be driving up