Ayrv Inverness / Inverness v Ayr - Play Off Quarter Final

After we've all finished laughing at Falkirk, there is the small matter of the play-offs, so who will earn the right to play Dundee United.

We've taken one point from twelve against the Highlanders this season and we are the walking wounded, so it's needless to say I ain't confident.

But you have to be in it to win it, which is a massive achievement, given we were supposed to be where Falkirk and Queen of the South are tonight.

1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

After we've all finished laughing at Falkirk, there is the small matter of the play-offs, so who will earn the right to play Dundee United.

We've taken one point from twelve against the Highlanders this season and we are the walking wounded, so it's needless to say I ain't confident.

But you have to be in it to win it, which is a massive achievement, given we were supposed to be where Falkirk and Queen of the South are tonight.

True :thumsup2

Tbf there’s not been much between the teams this season. Apart from the 1-0 game where White scored we could probably have taken more than we did from the other 3 games.

However I’m not sure how much the team have left in them. I’d imagine Crawford and Murdoch will come back in for Kerr and Doc and I’d consider playing McCowan out wide and drop Miller for Moff.

Expect Tuesday to be cagey with both managers keeping it tight for the second league, certainly can't see McCall letting us go out gung ho at Somerset. 

Think the second leg will be more of an entertaining spectactle where we've played some of our best football on the road but think the injuries have fucked us at the wrong time, only having 4 fit defenders at most but more likely just the 3 is asking too much. Would expect the line up for Tuesday to be something like this:

Doohan

Docherty Muirhead Rose Harvie

Cadden Murdoch Crawford McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Whoever's fit

Expect Tuesday to be cagey with both managers keeping it tight for the second league, certainly can't see McCall letting us go out gung ho at Somerset. 
Think the second leg will be more of an entertaining spectactle where we've played some of our best football on the road but think the injuries have fucked us at the wrong time, only having 4 fit defenders at most but more likely just the 3 is asking too much. Would expect the line up for Tuesday to be something like this:
Doohan
Docherty Muirhead Rose Harvie
Cadden Murdoch Crawford McDaid
Moffat Shankland
Subs: Whoever's fit

Cadden shouldn’t be anywhere near the team

Cadden shouldn’t be anywhere near the team
Not really got any other options, unless you put Murdoch out on the right with Kerr in the middle. Forrest and Miller didn't exactly do much today to warrant a start either on Tuesday

Nowhere near good enough imo

He’s probably been our best wide player in the last month.

Thought he was quieter today but unlike McDaid his first thought isn’t to turn and pass back to his fullback.

He’s probably been our best wide player in the last month.

Thought he was quieter today but unlike McDaid his first thought isn’t to turn and pass back to his fullback.

His first thought is to try and beat his man, then try and beat him again and then either lose the ball or put his cross over the bar. McDade much, much better going forward and tracking back.

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

His first thought is to try and beat his man, then try and beat him again and then either lose the ball or put his cross over the bar. McDade much, much better going forward and tracking back.

Cadden has had about as many good performances as McDaid has and he's only been here half the time. 

To say he's much better than Cadden is nonsense. In the games against ICT, Queens and Ross County Cadden was going past players like they weren't even there. His final ball is also better than McDaids. 

If the opportunity arose to get Cadden back next season I'd have him and punt McDaid to whoever wanted him.

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The fact McDaid wasn't even in the team today due to presumably being completely rested, would to me signal he's a guaranteed starter Tuesday night.

I hope so as Cadden was stinking the place oot today.