Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

At last we get through to a play off final:rolleyes: Enjoyed the game, first half Forfar sat off us, second half they upped the pressure.  I think that some of the Forfar players were lucky to stay on the pitch even after they went down to 10 men, agricultural challenges all round, lost count how many yellow cards were given.  A wee bit of a melee outside the ground at full time, one of the Rovers buses got a window put in by a brick, shame it ended that way after a great result for us:thumbsdown

I hadn't appreciated quite how big and physical a side Raith are until this afternoon.

It took Forfar almost half an hour to find their feet and they were perhaps fortunate to still be in the tie by this stage. Before and after half-time they began to impose themselves and you began to fancy them when the equaliser came about. A loss of discipline thereafter was their downfall however. Travis made the double mistake of allowing a Raith forward to blunder his way through then decided to chop him down instead of trusting the best goalie in the division to bail him out. Game over.

Not quite sure why Weir decided to leave Easton on the bench. I know he is an objectionable wee so-and-so but he does offer some width and creativity.

1 minute ago, lellywong said:

At last we get through to a play off final:rolleyes: Enjoyed the game, first half Forfar sat off us, second half they upped the pressure.  I think that some of the Forfar players were lucky to stay on the pitch even after they went down to 10 men, agricultural challenges all round, lost count how many yellow cards were given.  A wee bit of a melee outside the ground at full time, one of the Rovers buses got a window put in by a brick, shame it ended that way after a great result for us:thumbsdown

Interestingly, could see the Forfar young team picking up stones etc after the game. Clearly absolutely raging, which was nice to see. 

Shame as they created a good atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I was really worried at 1-0 but Forfar lost all discipline and were lucky to finish with 10 men. In particular was funny to see Baird challenging Buchanan to a fight at full time. 

I was never worried.

Baird completely lost his shit. The ref should have taken pity on him and shown him a red card. He was making a complete c**t of himself at the end.

18 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Weird game really. The first half was as comfortable a half as i can remember. Forfar let us control possession, which when you look at the importance of the match, as well as our defensive record and record at Station Park, was very strange. Almost felt too straightforward at half time. 

Second half started differently and Forfar had us on the back foot. Awful goal to concede which is a shame as otherwise it was a fine defensive display. 

At 1-0 i feared the worst especially given how we were set up to keep things tight. Great reaction straight away to grab the pen and goal. After then we saw the game out really well, with Baird making an absolute tit of himself. Some hefty challenges going in but the last 30 mins was more like the Mcglynn sides of old. Seeing games out whilst winding up the opposition. Forfar's indiscipline killed any momentum and broke up the game nicely for us. 

Davidson was immense today but Matthews was my man of the match. Absolutely superb display in midfield. 

Hard to gauge the crowd given the lack of segregation but id be surprised if there were under 1200 Rovers fans there, which given our season is fantastic. Great atmosphere from both sets of fans. 

Forfar have had a great season but they really didn't turn up today and frankly i think that's a massive opportunity lost for them. 

Nice to win a play off tie for once. Queens will rightly be heavy favourites but at least we are there this time. If the Davo hating Forfar fan could tip Dobbie to have a blinder that would be braw. 

See you all next season (apart from Davo)

We drive right through the middle of them on the way out. They were all chucking stones and spitting at passing Rovers fans. Not one of them older than 16.
Out of order. Little shits. We have always been a friendly club and I find this disappointing to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:
We drive right through the middle of them on the way out. They were all chucking stones and spitting at passing Rovers fans. Not one of them older than 16.

Out of order. Little shits. We have always been a friendly club and I find this disappointing to say the least.

Will you be cuffing their lugs and get them to have a whip round for the bus window?

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interestingly, could see the Forfar young team picking up stones etc after the game. Clearly absolutely raging, which was nice to see. 

Shame as they created a good atmosphere. 

Whilst I certainly don't condone that behaviour a few of those school boys were subjected kicks and punches from Raith adults at half time. Though the situation was created by our stewards who harassed the young Loons and allowed the Raith fans to block movement with their flag tied up with ropes and bungees. They forced the wee Loons to move one way but didn't create a safe route for them is typical of those inept cretins that steward Station Park, however attacking what are, let's face it, children because a bungee gets untied is disgraceful.

Whilst I certainly don't condone that behaviour a few of those school boys were subjected kicks and punches from Raith adults at half time. Though the situation was created by our stewards who harassed the young Loons and allowed the Raith fans to block movement with their flag tied up with ropes and bungees. They forced the wee Loons to move one way but didn't create a safe route for them is typical of those inept cretins that steward Station Park, however attacking what are, let's face it, children because a bungee gets untied is disgraceful.
Ah. There is more to this than initial reports.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:
2 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Ah. There is more to this than initial reports.

I'm really disappointed in the boys' behaviour and nothing that happened can excuse it. I hope no one was hurt by this madness.

I'm really disappointed in the boys' behaviour and nothing that happened can excuse it. I hope no one was hurt by this madness.
Very rare occurrence at this level thankfully. I remember a St Mirren supporters bus getting bricked near the Boyle Park decades ago but that's about it.