Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

Finally have time to post my thoughts on last night. The formation was baffling before the game but I can definitely see why mcglynn set up that way. I think it speaks volumes crane had possibly his best game for us while not having to worry about defending as much. Didn't really feel as nervy when we were defending as normal either. The 3cbs all had decent games limiting Forfar to a couple of chances. Bairds goal was a great strike but Lyness should have done better. Near post, wasn't out of position, the conditions probably played a part in it with him getting a hand to it though. He also made a cracking save/ tackle late on to let us "win" so can't berate him too much with that.

Matthews worked his arse off, Nat was Nat, not mobile but played some cute passes and kept things ticking over. Barjonas has had 2 good games for us. His attitude is off or he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Right call to take buchanan off at ht. Not a massive fan of gullan but he offered far more than buchanan did in the first.

I don't think Forfar expected us to set up as we did and they struggled to break us down for large spells. They were more effective at it after ht.

Thought Easton? Was lucky to stay on the pitch for his tackle at the half way line which is probably why petrie hooked him not long after. Pretty dumbfounded by bairds celebration for his goal? Always thought he's had a good relationship with the club but was a bit ott. Shouting at Matthews while he was down from a mistimed tackle was poor from him aswell.

All to play for on Saturday despite our lead. Gutted I won't be able to make the trip up to Forfar.

Baird had just hit a screamer in the 1st Leg of the playoff semi and celebrated much as you would expect. Fans put too much weight on the ex player guff.
This 100 times.

If an opposition (former Airdrie) player scores against us. I'd be expecting GIRUY's and hand gestures all round.

10 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Good game last night and all to play for.

Why can’t we play Coupe and Easton though?

It’s very much one or the other but I’d like to see them both on the park

Night and day?

16 minutes ago, raith_94 said:
1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
Baird had just hit a screamer in the 1st Leg of the playoff semi and celebrated much as you would expect. Fans put too much weight on the ex player guff.

100%.

Has to be said, when he was celebrating in front of the Main Stand and going mental, my thought train was ‘GTF you badge-kissing wee scroat’ then ‘what the f**k is your hair all about, what age are you?’

Has to be said, when he was celebrating in front of the Main Stand and going mental, my thought train was ‘GTF you badge-kissing wee scroat’ then ‘what the f**k is your hair all about, what age are you?’
Aye. I first sighted his new blonde coffuire at Stenny...

29 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Him and Davidson both going for the cut price Aguero look.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Him and Davidson both going for the cut price Aguero look.

I was just checking his Wiki page and the only thing he’s ever won was that Challenge Cup with us. That’s a shame. A player like him should have won more. Nearly won the league with us, but wasn’t to be. 

As for his hair, it has more of a look of the Romanian National squad that time they were bored shitless at a tournament and they all bleached their hair.

John Baird is a gid c**t, always worked his socks off when he was with us and understandably ‘that’ goal against Sevco will always be remembered within our support. However I hope he has an utter mare on Saturday.

What a load of shite.

What are you expecting the SPFL to honestly do here? Play the final game on a Sunday, or a Friday night, or a 12:30 on a Saturday even? Also, when should have last night’s game have been played? There’s a Champions league game on Wednesday night and Europa League on Thursday...

Honestly, if you are that so desperate to watch the Champions League or the FA Cup over the rovers, feel free. I’d have watched last nights game over that Liverpool game every day of the week.

Well said, I support the Rovers and any other club game comes second no matter who or what is being played for. I’ve also never understood people with second teams, surely people supporting Liverpool or Barcelona when they’ve no real connection to them as a second team is just the same glory hunting we accuse the bus loads that leave our towns to watch the Glasgow teams every week.

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

John Baird is a gid c**t, always worked his socks off when he was with us and understandably ‘that’ goal against Sevco will always be remembered within our support. However I hope he has an utter mare on Saturday.

Only one bleached blonde c*** will have a mare on Saturday......Hilson will have a field day. :whistle

Wasn't the point I was making. He's always celebrated against us which I have no problem with, don't have any issue with his celebration last night either in all honesty.
Do you work for the Sun or the BBC?
That was a brain slip after a long couple of days, apologies to those affected.