Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

I’m delighted with the win, obviously in an ideal world we’d love to have won that 5-0 but that was a game we could have easily drawn or narrowly lost so I’m more than happy to just get the win!

Extra defensive training for the remainder of the week. Protect Lyness at all costs. Those Poppadom hands might snap if they get a shot in

If it wasn’t for Lyness, we’d have drawn that game.

Absolute outstanding goalkeeping at the end of that game.

Also the save from the free kick earlier in the first half as well was a great save as the ball was swerving in all directions.

I’ve been very critical of Lyness since he’s came here as he is a shocking keeper but give credit where it’s due. If we do end up getting past Forfar then he’s certainly played his part in it.

36 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Also the save from the free kick earlier in the first half as well was a great save as the ball was swerving in all directions.

I’ve been very critical of Lyness since he’s came here as he is a shocking keeper but give credit where it’s due. If we do end up getting past Forfar then he’s certainly played his part in it.

Haven't seen our goal back but other than that I thought your keeper did pretty well, the last minute scoop away when Bain was in saved a goal imo.

Three really good goals,don't think there was much Lyness could have done with that rocket from Baird, right into the "postage stamp".some goal. Interesting to hear McGlynn's view about Lyness, for this match, compared to some of the usual "experts"suspects on here!!  :whistle

Just now, Enigma said:

Because if we won 6-0 I’d start to feel a little sorry for Forfar. It wouldn’t be very nice for them to have to suffer that.

But yet here we are in the real world and you have a very narrow one goal lead on your way to Station Park...

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

And if he had done his job like any competent goalkeeper we might have won 2-0...

The guy is a liability. Although he's not alone in that respect.

I wish the SPFL would look at the scheduling of these matches, if at all possible. We were up against Liverpool v Barcelona last night meaning those who went were denied the chance to watch a classic comeback and then the 2nd leg of the final goes up against the FA Cup final. Madness.

But yet here we are in the real world and you have a very narrow one goal lead on your way to Station Park...

Which is fine...

Out of interest, is there likely to be segregation in place on Saturday at Station Park or will we be free to swap ends as is usual?

A solid, if unspectacular performance  but it gives us a result we can cling onto. Forfar played the better football but were limited in their chances. We had limited chances but took them when they came, and were unlucky not to have a third with that shot in the first half.

Station Park should be bouncing on Saturday. We should be looking to take up a good away support, even in spite of a disappointing home crowd last night. Will there be segregation or the usual where you can stand at either end?

Gullan should be on from the start, and I'd be happy if we gave Gillespie a run out from the start over Wedderburn who offered very little last night.  We can't allow Forfar to overrun us from the start on Saturday. We need our players to be aggressive and press them to put pressure on.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Which is fine...

Out of interest, is there likely to be segregation in place on Saturday at Station Park or will we be free to swap ends as is usual?

Haven't heard or seen anything about that as yet. The atmosphere should be great even if segregation. Looking forward to a fast and exciting game.

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wish the SPFL would look at the scheduling of these matches, if at all possible. We were up against Liverpool v Barcelona last night meaning those who went were denied the chance to watch a classic comeback and then the 2nd leg of the final goes up against the FA Cup final. Madness.

Why would SPFL be that bothered about the English football? 

We should easily have 500 or so fans up there so the crowd will hopefully break the 1,000 barrier.
Easily above that. 1500 I will guess.
If we can take 300 plus to you on a wet Tues you should be taking a bit more to Station Park. Recent record is P 10 W 9 D 1 L 0. Should be a cracker.

48 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Three really good goals,don't think there was much Lyness could have done with that rocket from Baird, right into the "postage stamp".some goal. Interesting to hear McGlynn's view about Lyness, for this match, compared to some of the usual "experts"suspects on here!!  :whistle

Thought Lyness did well, Crane was an absolute standout, and Ross Matthews covered every bit of the pitch as the most mobile midfielder.

Felt a bit sorry for McKay last night, he looked totally lost being asked to play right wing-back.
Not sure if he maybe wasn’t helped by Davo as when we were defending it looked as though the two of them wanted to occupy the same area but neither were willing to put in a challenge.
Then going forward there was no help from the midfield to give him an out-ball.

The Murray-Crane partnership on the left was much more successful.

Two brilliant saves from Lyness I thought which makes it harsh to give him pelters for almost getting to a rocket into the postage stamp corner.

Also interesting to hear Forfar supporters claiming we were hatchet men when from a Raith point of vie I thought Forfar were very cynical with some heavy challenges and were fortunate not to pick up more bookings.