Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

The young guys have been fantastic for the most. The atmosphere in starks was worse than a morgue till they started singing etc. Before then it was only Fife's finest down the front that gave an attempt at generating any noise (fair play to them also) speaking of which, its good to see quinny back on his feet after the accident, all the best big man.

54 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Maybe the young Loons and a club representative have an informal meeting and set out some boundaries about whats acceptable and what's not from both parties. Clear the air. I'm all for the youngsters and they have created a bit atmosphere at the aways I attended.

The young Loons might be a bit suspicious of being asked to meet a club rep if they panned a bus window in! But you're right, the atmosphere they create is just what the club and support need. They should be welcomed and not shunted out by the poor steward/supporter relationship.

As Silver Fox has said, the bigger problem is the stewarding and as he suggests, maybe a letter from a concerned fan (more the better) would help. I'm sure somebody from the Club will read P&B so maybe the problem's already being dealt with. 

The young Loons might be a bit suspicious of being asked to meet a club rep if they panned a bus window in! But you're right, the atmosphere they create is just what the club and support need. They should be welcomed and not shunted out by the poor steward/supporter relationship.
As Silver Fox has said, the bigger problem is the stewarding and as he suggests, maybe a letter from a concerned fan (more the better) would help. I'm sure somebody from the Club will read P&B so maybe the problem's already being dealt with. 
I attend mainly away games so I can't really say I have evidenced what goes on stewarding wise at Staish lately. Got to say at Airdrie last time out they were pushing it a wee bit and told as much by one Loons fan at least, so as I said, a few ground rules plus encouragement all round.

Might have mentioned it before, but I was at the west end terrace on Saturday, and it was brilliant to see two sets of fans just a stones throw away trying to out-sing each other. 
More stone throwing..

14 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I did just that a few years ago when the fultras were on the go, though the catalyst for my letter was another matter involving the stewards inconsistent application of rules and an incedent involving my friend, his 9 year old, my 8 year old and I getting "a warning" at a pre season friendly against Berwick. I wrote directly to the chairman at the time. I received a polite reply acknowledging my concerns and informed the club's security officer would be in touch. I had a meeting with said officer and got nowhere. He was patronising in the extreme and very full of himself, it was a waste of time. My letter included a complaint about a particular steward. The only difference after was there were about three or four home matches that season I didn't get frisked on the way in if spotted approaching the gate by said steward.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Wardy's gone down in my estimation - he reads the Scotsman. :lol:

No no, I simply typed “Raith Rovers” into google and clicked on the news tab to give me articles...

If you're going to cry to the press claiming a player crossed the line regarding a personal insult you should back it up by telling the media what he actually said. If not keep it in house for all folk know Matthews probably just made fun of his hair.

Baird’s demeanour in the 2nd half was absolutely cringeworthy. Especially when you consider he’s pretty much Forfar’s most senior player and the assistant manager.

Him losing the plot resulted in his team-mates doing likewise and making it easy for us to kill the game. Was still up for grabs for Forfar even with 10 men.

Well played Ross.