Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

They didn't score in the first half and only had half chances at best. We were the better side in the second half, more attacking minded right until the red card.
Exactly the same tactics that took us to victory at the last game.
I'm pretty sure I said exactly the same in the last posy but hope that clarifies it for you.

So being more attacking minded for 10 minutes made you the better side for the second half?

Both keepers had feck all to do, very disappointing stuff.

5 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Both keepers had feck all to do, very disappointing stuff.

McGlynn is very good at reducing the threat posed by the opposition. He couldn't care less if the silky football is not there because he's only interested in the result at the final whistle. Grinding out results is probably what he's best at. If only he had a better defence...

Edited by Beachbum

5 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Agree, far too much respect shown, would rather we lost 6-0 than turn in a 1st half like that.

It looked to as if the plan was to hold Raith in the first half. Mentioned earlier that Coupe for long periods was in line with the back four which allowed Raith loads of space in defence and midfield.  A more attack minded second half was totally derailed with Travis being sent off. Agree that instead of letting the red mist come down we just went for it. Not to be, but what a season. Looking forward to who is coming in. Won't be Denholm as he's agreed terms with East Fife.

I thought for the penalty that Flanagan was pulled back and that was what caused him to scuff his shot. A daft decision because he's not exactly a great finisher. Although I thought there was a new rule introduced a couple of years ago that stated a yellow card was sufficient punishment if a penalty was awarded for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity? I won't claim to be up on the rules so could be wrong.
After that we saw out the game very easily although it would've been nice to put it beyond any doubt by getting a 2nd goal.
I thought Davidson, Matthews and Nisbet were all very good which gave us a solid spine to the team. Benedictus also had his best match for a good while. Nice to see is look more solid defensively, the goal apart.

17 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It looked to as if the plan was to hold Raith in the first half. Mentioned earlier that Coupe for long periods was in line with the back four which allowed Raith loads of space in defence and midfield.  A more attack minded second half was totally derailed with Travis being sent off. Agree that instead of letting the red mist come down we just went for it. Not to be, but what a season. Looking forward to who is coming in. Won't be Denholm as he's agreed terms with East Fife.

Why are we worrying about holding Raith? I don't get it. 

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought for the penalty that Flanagan was pulled back and that was what caused him to scuff his shot. A daft decision because he's not exactly a great finisher. Although I thought there was a new rule introduced a couple of years ago that stated a yellow card was sufficient punishment if a penalty was awarded for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity? I won't claim to be up on the rules so could be wrong

Accidental fouls, yes

Deliberate, no

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm lead to believe that this was because the young Forfar fans had been spitting on a Raith Rovers flag and some Raith supporters...

Pretty much.

Nobody came out the situation looking good. At half time, the group of Forfar fans decided to walk in front of Fife's Finest and their flag and there were a few things going back and forth. Almost inevitably things boiled over and there's a young lad getting hauled up the terraces by someone twice his age. Fwiw, FF had been happily bantering with three Forfar fans behind them at the half time whistle and there wasn't any trouble.

FF get a lot of stick but in fairness to them the lads had the option of walking behind and not having to act like wee casual wannabes. Nobody should be under any illusions thinking these Forfar fans were innocent wee souls who were set upon due to undoing some cables. One of the supporters buses for Rovers was bricked after the game also. It's all a bit shit, as the first half looked cracking from the larger terracing at the start of the first half. Two groups of fans at their local game making a racket and ripping the pish out of each other. 

Pretty much.
Nobody came out the situation looking good. At half time, the group of Forfar fans decided to walk in front of Fife's Finest and their flag and there were a few things going back and forth. Almost inevitably things boiled over and there's a young lad getting hauled up the terraces by someone twice his age. Fwiw, FF had been happily bantering with three Forfar fans behind them at the half time whistle and there wasn't any trouble.
FF get a lot of stick but in fairness to them the lads had the option of walking behind and not having to act like wee casual wannabes. Nobody should be under any illusions thinking these Forfar fans were innocent wee souls who were set upon due to undoing some cables. One of the supporters buses for Rovers was bricked after the game also. It's all a bit shit, as the first half looked cracking from the larger terracing at the start of the first half. Two groups of fans at their local game making a racket and ripping the pish out of each other. 

It was for 5 or 10 minutes but then a couple of Forfar youngsters were kicked out of the ground within a few minutes of each other and the police then seemed to instruct them to move to the other end of the ground. The second lad to be removed looked to have lost the plot completely on the way out.
Incidentally we passed the same group after the game and there was no sign of any bother at all.

Without wanting to stir the pot I’m sure I read another teams set of fans on here saying these Forfar youngsters were getting a bit lippy on the terraces with tensions being raised. We’ve read Forfar fans saying today was one of their biggest crowds in a while and it was a relatively big game. Having no segregation seemed a bit unusual if I’m honest.

Without wanting to stir the pot I’m sure I read another teams set of fans on here saying these Forfar youngsters were getting a bit lippy on the terraces with tensions being raised. We’ve read Forfar fans saying today was one of their biggest crowds in a while and it was a relatively big game. Having no segregation seemed a bit unusual if I’m honest.
Said that as soon as I walked in. It's ok with a few hundred fans but today it was a ridiculous decision and some sort of trouble was always going to happen today

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:

This is the reason we have to suffer segregation due to a small bunch of idiots who can't behave themselves and ruin it for the majority.

You guys need to start segregating the muppets that attend hospitality, every time I've visited they've been chatted to by a steward.

4 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
4 hours ago, Gregor147 said:

The ice hockey season is finished mate.

Indeed. They must have been at the ice hockey on Tuesday night though.

Forfar fan atttempting crowd walking :lol:

f**k off!:rolleyes: