Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

Frank, 

I've chosen to block you (me and many others it would seem) so although I get a notification that you've commented I can't actually see it unless someone quotes it. That's the price you pay  Franky boy for being an odious little bawbag. 

Now kindly f**k off 8)

Guest bernardblack

I’d assumed the crowd would have been segregated given the number of Raith buses that were booked etc. It just makes sense to do so and gets rid of any potential trouble in the ground.

No issue with the flare either as it didn’t go on the pitch.

If the younger lads were throwing stuff at buses that’s 100% out of order and I’d rather they just didn’t go to the games if that’s the case.

21 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Frank, 

I've chosen to block you (me and many others it would seem) so although I get a notification that you've commented I can't actually see it unless someone quotes it. That's the price you pay  Franky boy for being an odious little bawbag. 

Now kindly f**k off 8)

:lol:

8 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

You seem to have a bit of mission creep regarding your initial bit of outrage, you're verging on 'whataboutery'

Perhaps you could raise your new point as a separate issue.

You,ve lost me

You highlighted a stadium rule,so did I

See quite a number of others  dont see the issue with the flare .Take up your gripe with them

I was at yesterday's game as a neutral (slight Forfar leanings) and both sets of young lads were as culpable as each other. Putting in a window of a bus is not on but the Raith lads with the drum were 100% calling them on right up to the buses. 

I've no issue with smoke bombs (which folk need to start separating from flares), especially on an open terrace like that, walk away from it if it's offended you. It, along with drums and sets of ultras made for a decent atmosphere for most of the game.

All of that said, the stewarding, policing and organisation was a bit of a shambles for a crowd of that size.

On the pitch it was a bit of a non-event. Raith dominated the ball in the first half without looking like scoring. Second half Forfar were by far the better team until the sending off and Raith went back to controlling the game again, looking more dangerous on the counter.

Definitely a sending off for the penalty and I think a couple of other players on both sides were lucky to stay on the pitch as it got a bit niggly. Referee just about managed it. 

I thought Coupe looked like the only Forfar player to cause Raith defenders baby problems, and he started far too deep. Wedderburn is an absolute waste of space, slowed down everything Raith did and had the cheek to look knackered when he went off despite having run a total of 37 yards in the game. I was expecting more from Nesbit, dunno if he just had an off game but on the basis of that I'm not sure how he's scored so many goals this season.

Queens have been mince this year but Raith will really need to up their game to beat them, especially of Dobbie is fit enough to play both legs.

Congratulations Raith, I believe you were the better team over the two legs, but it was tighter than a Fifers wallet.

Best of luck in the Final, I personally don't think you will do it, but you have to be in it to win it.  Also good to have QOTS in the league next season, most of you're posters are boring c***s.

Great season all in all and no complaints from me with the team and manager.  Let's get a few players in to replace the guys leaving (thanks) and there is no reason we can get close again.

Good Luck RR  

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Scottydog said:

From my view in the stand the lad that got slapped/punched got it because he was jumping on the flag not trying to avoid it because it was in his way,  that said it was all very unnecessary and you are right FAFC Stewart are complete twats!

That may have been the catalyst but the stewards actually directed them along the route they took not letting them go up behind them. Typical of our stewards who lack the intelligence to carry out their jobs.

3 hours ago, Narey said:

It was clear that absolute no organisation or planning had went into hosting the game, so very poor from Forfar. The stewarding inside and outside the ground  were beyond clueless. They appeared surprised when the buses arrived. Segregation was required. Ultimately it was a semi final and although I stood in amongst home supporters with no issues, it's clear with the importance of the game and volume of the supporters, segregation was required . The game itself was less than memorable but credit for me goes to Mcglynn. It was ugly at times but we didn't get sucked into getting caught on the counter attack which has cost us previously and did enough to go through. Forfar really did lose the plot after the penalty and Baird should have walked amongst others. To top off the farcical organisation at the end, no steward or police had a clue where the supporters buses were parked and were nowhere to be seen when the young forfar neds starting the agro outside and throwing stones at the buses. No idea how we will match up against queens but Dobbie aside I would hope there is not a great deal between the teams. They have been in free fall but unfortunately we are very average and will need a number of players to step up to give us a chance of winning over 2 legs.

Spot on.  As I've said plenty times for a number of years the stewards are completely inept made worse by the security officer at the club thinking he's doing a good job and is unwilling to accept advice or criticism. The local police aren't much better.

No one came out of those incidents looking good, blame on three sides. Maybe best to draw a line under it now?  I had chats with many away fans before during and after the match all very civilised even with one of the guys who was involved at halftime who I pulled away to try and diffuse the situation (someone had to since our stewards are rank rotten)

i hate to labour the point but the stewards are the root of all this creating problems that need not happen and hassling even the more peaceful mature support like myself.

Forfar management have to seriously look at the stewards role, and fast. Stewards don't seem to know what they are doing. I was surprised they moved our vocal support early on but to let them walk in front of RR lads at half time change over was a big mistake and was sure to rile folks. Are our stewards up to doing their job when Falkirk visit? Not on yesterday's performance.

Still, hasn't taken the shine off a great season.

Not that I think the stuff in the ground was much of anything but what there was would not have happened if segregation in use. Of course Raith had not brought much in either league games but yesterday was always going to be different.

How else were the stewards meant to move the Forfar lads to the other side of the ground? 

Alternative would have been them going along the shed area which was full of Rovers fans moving the other way behind the other goal. 

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How else were the stewards meant to move the Forfar lads to the other side of the ground? 

Alternative would have been them going along the shed area which was full of Rovers fans moving the other way behind the other goal. 

True but to direct them along the bottom of the terrace where there was a tied up flag rather than putting them to the top well away from that section of the away support was bafflingly stupid. Distance required between them, regardless of behaviour of both sets of fans the situation was created by the stewards.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Congratulations Raith, I believe you were the better team over the two legs, but it was tighter than a Fifers wallet.

Best of luck in the Final, I personally don't think you will do it, but you have to be in it to win it.  Also good to have QOTS in the league next season, most of you're posters are boring c***s.

Great season all in all and no complaints from me with the team and manager.  Let's get a few players in to replace the guys leaving (thanks) and there is no reason we can get close again.

Good Luck RR  

giphy.gif

To be fair, going by your various anecdotes on here, you’re a bit off-the-wall. Most folk must seem boring in comparison. I can’t remember all the stories off hand but there were a couple of disturbing ones. You must be right up there with Waffenthinmint in terms of the P&B poster most likely to kill some c**t.