Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

We got the desired result but it certainly wasn't pretty.  If we're on the lookout for a new keeper I would certainly be looking at the Forfar keeper.

You did at the start of the season but declined a £270 full time wage

Only one bleached blonde c*** will have a mare on Saturday......Hilson will have a field day. :whistle

He is past that, i think we should give him the old guard of honour seeing as it will be his last game. [emoji6]

If we can get the 1st goal then i can see Raith crumbling (hope it's snowing again)

Davo will relish this heat today.... :lol: oxygen on standby

Because i know he is the reason we will win today.

Yikes.

3 hours ago, loon00 said:

From the other end of the park looked like raith player kick the ground for the penalty

I was behind the goal and to be fair I was only watching Flanagan, so didn’t notice the Forfar defender, but I thought Flanagan kicked the ground too. I’m assuming i’m wrong.

All I can say is what a day to be a rovers fan, Ross Matthews was absolutely outstanding for me played well when the chips were down and that’s what we needed. The only thing displeasing was to see Dobbie had a hat trick by half time, however, we go into the game with the belief after probably the first playoff tie I can remember us winning!

I was behind the goal and to be fair I was only watching Flanagan, so didn’t notice the Forfar defender, but I thought Flanagan kicked the ground too. I’m assuming i’m wrong.

Looked like he kicked the ground looking from directly behind him too.
His celebrations when the penalty and red card were given would suggest the same too, he looked like a kid on Christmas morning.

In your face Kirkcaldy auld boys!
Fairly certain I seen the guy top right on my bus up the road from the train station in Kirkcaldy at the back of 2 today. He was certainly spouting the same pish to the guy next to him if it was him. Got off the bus and straight across to the tavern. Says it all.

Highlights for this game are edited and will be up on the Rovers' website at midnight.

Although I usually don't comment on the games too much, I noticed some talk about Rovers' penalty earlier in the thread - Flanagan was pulled on the arm as he goes to shoot.

Would also like to thank Forfar Athletic for being so hospitable this season, that was my second visit to Station Park this season and really enjoyed it.

Edited by Roath Raver

Whilst I certainly don't condone that behaviour a few of those school boys were subjected kicks and punches from Raith adults at half time. Though the situation was created by our stewards who harassed the young Loons and allowed the Raith fans to block movement with their flag tied up with ropes and bungees. They forced the wee Loons to move one way but didn't create a safe route for them is typical of those inept cretins that steward Station Park, however attacking what are, let's face it, children because a bungee gets untied is disgraceful.

I'm lead to believe that this was because the young Forfar fans had been spitting on a Raith Rovers flag and some Raith supporters...

Thought the moment that changed the game was Flannigan on for Baronjas. Flannigan looked like a different player today, taking guys on and winning free kicks. Baronjas is just a poser who offers absolutely nothing. I don't care if the terms of the loan are he needs to play, when he's on the pitch it's like 10 men.

Thought the formation helped us today. Forfar, bar 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half, offered very little and was surprised they didn't try and put more pressure on us. As it was we looked like we had control and our passing at the back was a bit quicker and crisper. Matthews was superb and Barjonas had played anything close to him we'd have won.

Great crowd today as well. Said it for the past few years but when it counts the Rovers fans turn up. Huge turnout needed for Wednesday now. Queens maybe scored 5 today but we hit 4 past Montrose earlier this year and bar Queens today only Arbroath in August and Dundee Utd in the cup have managed 4 or more. Dobbie is superb but there was a reason Queens finished 2nd bottom and if we play we did against the Pars that'll give us a chance.

For Forfar what a superb season. They should be looking to emulate Arbroath next season who showed what good recruitment can do in the summer. Hopefully we go up as you'll definitely be up there next year with the nucleus of that team.

Very rare occurrence at this level thankfully. I remember a St Mirren supporters bus getting bricked near the Boyle Park decades ago but that's about it.

That happened again today I’m afraid. As the third rovers bus was leaving the ground, a couple guys of chucked something (a large stone I’m guessing), smashing a window.

I can’t say for sure they were Forfar fans because I didn’t see them as I was at the front of the bus, but it would be strange if it were Raith fans.

48 minutes ago, loon74 said:

You did at the start of the season but declined a £270 full time wage

We refused to pay that, or he declined our offer? 

Hardly a surprise if he declined it as that's less than the minimum wage. 

Edited by Michael W

I thought other than a ten minute spell after half time Forfar were very negative considering what was at stake. 

Absolutely agree with this. We were able to stroll through the first 45 minutes like it was a practice match. It suggested Forfar were quite happy to take a 1 goal win and take their chances in extra time.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
4 hours ago, CALDERON said:
I thought other than a ten minute spell after half time Forfar were very negative considering what was at stake. 

Absolutely agree with this. We were able to stroll through the first 45 minutes like it was a practice match. It suggested Forfar were quite happy to take a 1 goal win and take their chances in extra time.

Agree, far too much respect shown, would rather we lost 6-0 than turn in a 1st half like that.

They didn't score in the first half and only had half chances at best. We were the better side in the second half, more attacking minded right until the red card.
Exactly the same tactics that took us to victory at the last game.
I'm pretty sure I said exactly the same in the last posy but hope that clarifies it for you.
So being more attacking minded for 10 minutes made you the better side for the second half?