Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

I’m unsure what Forfar fans can really be moaning about regarding the referee. After the red card you had a 10 minute spell where Baird was trying to get himself sent off and you got 3/4 players booked. Just totally lost the heed.

We were all laughing at how bad 12 for Forfar was when another P&B poster told me it was Easton. He was fucking poison. Better team won in the end, deserved the victory over both legs.

Im having no criticism of Jim.

Only bit of criticism i’m giving him.
Didn’t go for it enough over the two legs, seemed happy with a draw today which seemed bizarre, like for like subs when we needed to have a go at a poor Raith defence. They were barely troubled today.

I’ve praised Weir countless times & was one of the very few that embraced & was excited by his appointment, a very likeable manager.

Guest bernardblack
I’m unsure what Forfar fans can really be moaning about regarding the referee. After the red card you had a 10 minute spell where Baird was trying to get himself sent off and you got 3/4 players booked. Just totally lost the heed.

We were all laughing at how bad 12 for Forfar was when another P&B poster told me it was Easton. He was fucking poison. Better team won in the end, deserved the victory over both legs.

I was moaning that he didn’t have a control of the game and odd decisions went both ways. Counted a few times he looked at his linesman and both seemed to go “well I’ve no idea what to give here”

Easton is Jekyll and Hyde. He was gash on Tues and presumably gash today but on another day he is unplayable. Personally I'm not too bothered he's off to Kelty. Rather have a consistent performer.

Tactics from Jim Weir over the two legs killed us unfortunately.

Substitutions today slightly baffling also.

Weir's tactics were pretty much spot on I thought.
We were unlucky to get beaten on Tuesday but still well in the tie.
Today was looking like a carbon copy of the last home game against Raith. First half soaked up the pressure, came out the better side in the second.
The fact the ref made an arse of the penalty was hardly Weir's fault.

Subs were a bit suspect though. Coupe was still causing problems, Moore is gash and Easton is not particularly effective coming on as a sub.

Davo had a cracking game today as did Nesbit, won nearly every header in the first half. Wedderburn and Barjonas are just awful.

We did lose control a bit but the ref was conned into a fair few fouls too.

Today was looking like a carbon copy of the last home game against Raith. First half soaked up the pressure, came out the better side in the second.

Subs were a bit suspect though. Coupe was still causing problems, Moore is gash and Easton is not particularly effective coming on as a sub.

Davo had a cracking game today as did Nesbit, won nearly every header in the first half. Wedderburn and Barjonas are just awful.

[emoji23]

11 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

We barely created a thing over the two games against a poor side. Reilly was a huge loss but we were very cautious and went out anyway. Even bringing a defender on instead of going three at the back with time running out.

Delighted with that performance today. Every Rovers player did their role perfectly barring the Forfsr goal. Our back three did well to dictate the pace of the game and never looked flustered or pressured. In midfield we managed to break up a lot of attacks, with Mathhews in particular having a brilliant second half. Gullan and Nisbet worked tirelessly up top to do the best with what they had. It was a peak McGlynn performance, and the most solid our defence has looked recently.

Undoubtedly the red card changed the dynamic of the game, but it was a stupid error to give the referee a decision to make. Following that Forfar were indisciplined and our players made the most of every little break.

I'm glad we've got the hoodoo of not winning a playoff tie out the way. Queens will be a huge test, but so far this season we've fared decent against teams who have been open. Roll on Wednesday!

In what way were the tactics spot on today? Hoof for the whole first half. We played no football today

In what way were the tactics spot on today? Hoof for the whole first half. We played no football today

They didn't score in the first half and only had half chances at best. We were the better side in the second half, more attacking minded right until the red card.
Exactly the same tactics that took us to victory at the last game.
I'm pretty sure I said exactly the same in the last posy but hope that clarifies it for you.