Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

51 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Hadn’t realised we’d scored in every away game in the league this season, which is quite an achievement considering Arbroath, Airdrie, Forfar and East Fife all have better away records than us. Fair play.

Unfortunately our problems are at the other end of the park. We scored in 35 of the 36 league games this season but kept a clean sheet in only 5 games.

I would think pretty much any statistical measure would indicate that it’s exceptionally likely that a) both teams will score and b) Raith Rovers won’t win the game in 90 minutes.

A draw is fine though. Extra time was my gut feeling after Tuesday and that hasn’t changed. Anybody’s game from there.

30 minutes ago, JAR said:

Rovers should have a decent support-so stand together & make SOME NOISE. 

Hopefully the management and the team give us something to shout about, they have got to show desire from the off, if they do the fans will get right behind them another faltering insipid display and who knows, personally I think this tie is 50-50 hopefully we have something to shout about normally the away support is noisy and gets right behind the team.  

Rightly so that the Forfar fans are quietly confident, but at the same time league form goes out the window in a semi final...
If we can find a way to score first it might settle the nerves of the fans a little.  
Granted we have a lot to lose but hey it’s only a game right? 
If we stay down and queens win the play off, it’s just Falkirk to really contend with, and if we have a change to the structure and the top 2 in league one get promoted next season then it may soften the blow of missing out this time.*
*rather this didn’t happen though and just grow a pair and get promotion..

The top 2 teams getting promoted in league one is the structure in planning for the 2020/2021 season, not next season.

Just now, Easy Days for Raith said:

The top 2 teams getting promoted in league one is the structure in planning for the 2020/2021 season, not next season.

Ach another year won’t hurt will it? :lol: 

This feels like a final for me, even though if we manage to get through this we would still have to play another 2 games against a very good sides either way.

Anyways, if all our fans could stand together (behind the goal) and make some noise it would be better for us and the players. I don’t like it when there’s fans spread out and in different bits of the stadium, we should all be standing bunched up.

1-1 is my prediction for half time and full time, Nisbet and Baird getting the goals of course. Forfar to take the lead but we shortly bounce back and it will be a nervy second half!

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Nothing like Alloa, loving the negativity oozing from the Raith faithful though. December was our last home defeat.

These records are there to be broken. We went the entire season unbeaten at home last season until the play off semi final 2nd leg...

I think we'll probably lose in 90 minutes but I'd like to think it'll be by no more than one goal. If I was a betting man I'd be putting my money on extra time.

Anyways, if all our fans could stand together (behind the goal) and make some noise it would be better for us and the players. I don’t like it when there’s fans spread out and in different bits of the stadium, we should all be standing bunched up.

This is a good point. Our away support at grounds like Forfar, Brechin etc is much quieter than similar numbers at grounds like Arbroath and Stenny because we aren’t automatically bunched together. Would be great if the support could gather behind the goal we’re shooting at in both halves.

2 hours ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Sorry to quote this again, but I think I was right? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48179898

Article states no relegation from the championship next season, which is 2019/20. With 2 teams promoted from League 1 next season making 12 teams for 2020/21.

No? 

Where’s the best place for some pre-match beverages, hopefully with fellow fans and a bit of atmosphere? The Plough Inn? Looks like it does half decent food which would be a bonus.

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Nerves are starting to set in here! I have never seen us get a positive result up at Station Park, it has a Recreation Park, Alloa type quality to it. While we don’t loose many away we do ship a lot of goals, we’re going to have to be very careful on Saturday if we want to succeed I think. The Baird factor also concerns me greatly.

I think i’m about as optimistic as i’ve ever been about our play-off chances. I’ve only been to Station Park once before and that was 30 years ago in 1989. Think it was a draw that day, same would do tomorrow.

Aye, aw c**t behind the goal we’re shooting towards and let’s make a racket. Excited now!

Aye to endure a good atmosphere it’s vital everybody who’s interested in creating an atmosphere stands together. John McGlynn has said himself we need to coordinate a bit, so it is quite simple, stand behind the goal that we’re shooting into, let’s make some noise and get behind the team!

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:07, foreverarover said:

The floodlights lighting is utter pathetic. You would have thought the spark who is a director might have looked into that

Fucking happy now?

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:58, Zen Archer said:

Calm doon min.

He is, it's currently work in progress.