Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

I should also add that I was delighted with the level of fight in the team tonight, much better than in previous weeks. Very keen to accentuate the positives rather than looking at the negatives over the next 1/3 games. I’ve had enough of being negative, it’s gets us nowhere. Let’s get behind the team.
There was a lot more fight and movement in the second half. That first half though was probably one of the worst 45 minutes I've endured in years. Shambolic team to start with. Playing two defensive midfielders with Barjonas who is a lazy wee shite. We were on a breakaway at one point in the first half and desperate for players from midfield to support. Both Mathew's and especially Wedderburn were Walking. They must have been given a Rocket up the ass at half time.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

The boot that you saw was a ball, The Tartan Ball which is presented to the top scorer in each division, the SPFL haven't presented the Boot for the top overall scorer yet.

TBH, I don't know if it will be shared with Henderson of Edinburgh City or there is a tie break scenario.

Once the Ladbrokes Premiership league season comes to an end, the destination of the inaugural Tartan Boot Award for the overall top scorer in the SPFL for season 2018/19 will be confirmed.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/shankland-nisbet-and-henderson-win-first-spfl-ta

Both teams drum ensembles made a great noise tonight, credit to them.
A message to our lot, bin the 'We are going up' pish until, well you know...…...

Aye time to bring back “Rovers, Rovers we believe”

B718236C-F636-42D0-A9BB-CBF10CDDDE70-13320-00000C56ECD7363E.jpg

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Aye time to bring back “Rovers, Rovers we believe”

B718236C-F636-42D0-A9BB-CBF10CDDDE70-13320-00000C56ECD7363E.jpg

Big Marvin's soundbite is succinct and to the point.

It's a good job we never asked his pal Tony Rougier, the length of his performance at the last Hall of Fame nearly beat Ken Dodd into the Guinness Book of Records.

Well an interesting and extremely cold game, a hat would have been useful. Just managed to make kick off after driving up after work. Forfar definitely the better team in the first half even if we did take the lead. Hooking Buchanan was defiantly the right move as he was posted missing the entire half. More even game the second half and a bit of needle from both sides. The extra goal cushion would have been nice to take to Forfar but I’ll take the win even if we were unspectacular as Forfar will feel they could have gotten something tonight. All to play for on Saturday hopefully JM doesn’t start with the same team and goes with something closer to the team that finished the half, Parking was ample although watching a game without a few beers is less so.

Don’t really know how to feel about that. Obviously delighted we have a lead, but will it be enough? Would’ve liked to see us press for a third but of course, that’s easier said than done. It was important to go up there with a lead of some sort given our away record.

I’m tempted to say McGlynn’s formation didn’t work but then we won the game and until late on Forfar didn’t create a chance. That’s very unlike us so maybe it did. Without his change of Gullan for Buchanan at half time though I did think we struggled, and he was also spot on to get Barjonas off. Back to his original form last night sadly.

Had a clear view of the incident with Forfar’s number 11 (Spencer?) and Gillespie. Gillespie sort of nibbled at him after he’d played a pass, Spencer kicked Gillespie. A pretty obvious red card I thought and right in front of the linesman. I was stunned when the ref brought out a yellow, and even more stunned when he showed it to Gillespie..

Hopefully a big support on Saturday to get this over the line. Can see a cagey affair, with so much riding on the first goal.

Guest bernardblack

Good game last night and all to play for.

Why can’t we play Coupe and Easton though?

It’s very much one or the other but I’d like to see them both on the park

Just now, Paco said:

Don’t really know how to feel about that. Obviously delighted we have a lead, but will it be enough? Would’ve liked to see us press for a third but of course, that’s easier said than done. It was important to go up there with a lead of some sort given our away record.

I’m tempted to say McGlynn’s formation didn’t work but then we won the game and until late on Forfar didn’t create a chance. That’s very unlike us so maybe it did. Without his change of Gullan for Buchanan at half time though I did think we struggled, and he was also spot on to get Barjonas off. Back to his original form last night sadly.

Had a clear view of the incident with Forfar’s number 11 (Spencer?) and Gillespie. Gillespie sort of nibbled at him after he’d played a pass, Spencer kicked Gillespie. A pretty obvious red card I thought and right in front of the linesman. I was stunned when the ref brought out a yellow, and even more stunned when he showed it to Gillespie..

Hopefully a big support on Saturday to get this over the line. Can see a cagey affair, with so much riding on the first goal.

I would agree with this. Watching the game I didn’t think the formation was working and I actually thought we played better against Forfar in the 1-1 draw at Starks earlier this season.

However, as you say, we did limit Forfar and they didn’t really have any clear cut chances until the last 5 minutes and we obviously got the win so a strong argument could be made that it did actually work. 

Given McGlynn’s unwilling to change a winning team I would assume it’ll be the same again on Saturday. It certainly got the best out of Crane, his two best games for us have been when he’s not playing left back. 

Random question. Who was the small animated guy with the glasses in the dugout with McGlynn and Smith last night? Not really seen him before but not been at many games either