Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Driving up for the game tomorrow and will get there just before kick off where’s best to park, Beverage park? Never actually driven to a game before.

Aye, Beveridge Park would be your best bet as it'll likely be quiet. There's side streets and what not closer to the stadium if you fancy a wee adventure...

13 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
9 hours ago, foreverarover said:
The gate money is shared between all 4 clubs so that is irrelevant.

Even if the gate money is shared between 4 clubs it's more gate money so it's still completely relevant champ.

Our tie is discounted by £5 per standard entry fee of £15, so unless crowds rise teams will actually make a loss.

Our tie is discounted by £5 per standard entry fee of £15, so unless crowds rise teams will actually make a loss.
Surely it's a cut of money that in the event of not qualifying for the playoffs the clubs wouldn't get and whether you make a loss is relative to a clubs own expenditure. Rovers FT status might result in a loss but I think we would do ok.

12 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Driving up for the game tomorrow and will get there just before kick off where’s best to park, Beverage park? Never actually driven to a game before.

Have you actually been to Kirkcaldy before? Enjoy your tea.

Cheers for the help. The ground at the bar open to away fans too?

Think I’m right is saying there’s hospitality on tonight so it is not likely to be open at all I’m afraid.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

This is the Championship playoff.

Under the headings .....

The Championship/League One and League One/League Two Play-Off Competitions

I24    Subject to Rules I25 and C26 the entire gate receipts of all League Matches and Play-Off Matches (including abandoned or replayed League Matches and Play-Off Matches) shall be retained by the Home Club.

and ....

The Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition

C23    At the end of each Season the Club occupying position 11 in the Premiership (11 in the League) and the Clubs occupying positions 2, 3 and 4 in the Championship (14, 15 and 16 in the League) shall take part in the Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition to determine which further Clubs, if any, may be promoted and relegated to and from the Premiership and the Championship.

C26    After deduction and retention by the Home Club of 15% of the aggregate of all ticket receipts and admission charges (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club in relation to a Play-Off Match in the Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition, a levy of 50% (plus VAT if applicable) of the balance, after such 15% deduction and retention, of the aggregate of all ticket receipts and admission charges (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club for or in relation to the relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by that Home Club to the Company not later than seven days after the date on which such Play-Off Match is played.

Still looks to me that the clubs keep all the gate monies for their home games.

Guest bernardblack

Think I’m right is saying there’s hospitality on tonight so it is not likely to be open at all I’m afraid.

Cool, thanks for the heads up

I'm a miserable b*****d so unsurprisingly i'm erring on the side of Rovers getting a humping tonight. 

Not a massive humping, two goals - enough for Forfar to be comfortable at Station Park. We'll start brightly then concede a total dry heave of a goal, chase the game and Baird will finish us off.

Nervous excitement starting to set in for tonight, just praying we can get ourselves a good lead to take to Station Park on Saturday. Something special about a play off game under the lights, remember the home game v Hibs just over 3 years ago? Remember the atmosphere and the noise at the goal? Hugely important we, as fans, stay patient and stick with the team and give them a massive backing.

I should really know better by now, but I’m pumped as f**k for this now. Come on!!

26 minutes ago, renton said:

I'm a miserable b*****d so unsurprisingly i'm erring on the side of Rovers getting a humping tonight. 

Not a massive humping, two goals - enough for Forfar to be comfortable at Station Park. We'll start brightly then concede a total dry heave of a goal, chase the game and Baird will finish us off.

We’ve not lost a League One match by two clear goals since...yep you’ve guessed it...the play off semi final first leg against Alloa last season. 

We must take a lead to Forfar to have any sort of chance. Our away form is bad enough on it’s own but Station Park seems to have been a particular bogey ground in recent times. 

In saying that, we seem to have developed a knack of drawing games away from home recently. 1 defeat in 7 on the road now (only 1 win in 7 also right enough). Not exactly enough to build a huge amount of confidence but it gives some hope if we can get a narrow advantage tonight. 

47 minutes ago, renton said:

This is pretty much how I fear it will play out. I just hope that for once we can step up to the plate for an occasion like this.

No idea what sort of crowd we will get tonight, but it is vital we get behind the team and try to put the disappointments of the season so far to one side.

I'm loving this both teams playing down their chances. Lets both lose.

I have stuck a wee single on the rovers to win tonight but have balanced it out with a scorecast for Darren Whyte and 1-0 Forfar so I'll be very excited and any set piece we get.

Although we've had a few capitulations in the playoffs we've also been promoted twice and I seem to recall a stat from last year which said we were the team who have won the most games since the playoffs began (although not necessarily the most ties).

I'm hoping that the game is still alive for us come Saturday and think both legs could be tight

Midweek is a pain to get folk to the football. Everyone has stuff on. It’s a busy world out there.

Anyway, after running my daughter to her swimming club i’ll be there. I’ve decided the reason we have never won a play-off is down to me. I have never been to two legs of the same play-off tie. Being superstitious i’ve decided it’s about time I made the effort starting tonight.

C’mon the Rovers!

Massive game tonight, at least a 3-0 score line to settle my nerves for Saturdays game, can’t see us keeping a clean sheet however due to our defensive fragilities, going for 2-1 the Rovers tonight, Nisbet and Buchanan COYR

Heading along tonight and looking forward to it. The Rovers are unbeaten in every game I've attended in the past three years (albeit the Dunfermline game is the only one I've been to this season...) so I'm hoping that doesn't change tonight.