Raith Rovers v Forfar/Forfar v Raith Rovers

10 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Almost every Raith fan on here is downplaying there chances....i believe it's all bollocks.....full time outfit who MUST go up this time, Raith will be a different team in these 2 games, huge favourites for me....we ARE the underdogs.

We are being realistic regarding our chances , we have been terrible for weeks . Our record at station park is also terrible unlike Forfar who are probably been the best team in the league since Christmas going by the points ratio.

We are being realistic regarding our chances , we have been terrible for weeks . Our record at station park is also terrible unlike Forfar who are probably been the best team in the league since Christmas going by the points ratio.

Exactly, Forfar have been excellent, they’ve shown the grit and determination we simply haven’t. I’ve predicted this score line. 2-2 at home and lose 2-1 away.

Almost every Raith fan on here is downplaying there chances....i believe it's all bollocks.....full time outfit who MUST go up this time, Raith will be a different team in these 2 games, huge favourites for me....we ARE the underdogs.
Correct. It's bizarre for a FT outfit to be claiming underdog status purely on being a bit pish. It's Rovers to lose.

Hope the Loons are ready for a big rowdy away support on Saturday.  I think we will win, unconvincingly, tomorrow and take 7/800 up the road on Saturday. Subsidized travel by the board will help boost our normal traveling numbers but we have proven in the past that when the games matter our support travel.

M'on the Raith.

Forfar 54 - 47 = +7
Raith 75 - 49 = +26
Do any Raith fans check details like this?
Obviously not. I will be quite happy to have the tie alive for Sat even just to get a big gate and the cash that goes with it on Sat.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:
11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Correct. It's bizarre for a FT outfit to be claiming underdog status purely on being a bit pish. It's Rovers to lose.

It’s bizarre for the fans of a team who finished above us and who have beaten us twice in the last three games between the sides, to be claiming underdog status. 

Next debate: who is more bizarre?

It’s bizarre for the fans of a team who finished above us and who have beaten us twice in the last three games between the sides, to be claiming underdog status. 
Pump us on Tuesday and I will expect a full apology by Wed at the latest.

Just now, Loondave1 said:
2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Pump us on Tuesday and I will expect a full apology by Wed at the latest.

What sort of scoreline counts as pumped? 3-0?

We’re probably going to lose the away leg, so we’ll need to pump Forfar at Starks to give ourselves a decent shout.

What sort of scoreline counts as pumped? 3-0?
We’re probably going to lose the away leg, so we’ll need to pump Forfar at Starks to give ourselves a decent shout.
Yes 3 goal difference and above will suffice I think. If you blow it at Station Park on Sat I will apologise in turn. Sunday it is then.

I certainly won't play down our chances....but then your mob will come away with the big time Charlie ball Ox.

In reality we should not in any way be nervous or running scared of playing Forfar....no effing way. We should beat you home and away.....but we wont. I do believe we will win on aggregate and go through but we have been rotten and you are the form team in the league...simples really. No big time rubbish just facts.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
13 hours ago, tbsouth said:

I think folk are being realistic on form and our rank rotten record in the playoff. FT outfit hasn't done us any favours over the course of the season - we finished below you.

However - Tuesday night, at home - several of the Forfar players will have put in a shift at work during the day, and this is where we should - "SHOULD" - make our FT status count. We've been poor up at your place the past few seasons so should be looking to take a goal or two advantage into the weekend. Easier said than done!

We will win 2-1 at Starks tomorrow and get beat 3-1 at Station Park on Saturday, even though I’m hoping for a lucky 1-1. I’m looking forward to seeing big crowds home and away for us, considering the subsidised travel is available.

Everything is wrong with our defence though and Lyness isn’t a good goalkeeper, it has to be said.

Crane can’t put a decent ball into the box as it always hits the first man and gets cleared.

Davo can hardly move anymore, can’t turn fast enough or change pace.

Bene and Muzza are not too bad, but having 2 decent players out of 4 at the back + goalkeeper means we won’t keep any clean sheets, meaning how do we stand a chance getting promoted.

Just punt the ball to Nizzy and pray he scores each time.

In the pre-match skirmish to downplay their team's chances, first blood to the Rovers. With Forfar finishingg higher, on better form and with the better head-to-head record, it was always a tough task for them to paint Raith as favourites.

The "full time" attack is the internet equivalent of punting it down the middle in the hope your midget striker will get something off two lumbering centre halfs.

Edited by Gordon EF

I think it's too close to call.  There was only 3 points between us over 36 games, we've taken 7 points from Raith to their 5 from us but the aggregate of those games is 8-6 in Rovers favour. The comments regarding Raith's record at Station Park are fair enough but none of those have been in a two legged affair and if you come to us on Saturday with a lead it makes it a different game. I'd really fancy our chances if we start the second leg level but our defence is not up to shitfesting it on Tuesday so hopefully we go for it from the off.

I think it's too close to call.  There was only 3 points between us over 36 games, we've taken 7 points from Raith to their 5 from us but the aggregate of those games is 8-6 in Rovers favour. The comments regarding Raith's record at Station Park are fair enough but none of those have been in a two legged affair and if you come to us on Saturday with a lead it makes it a different game. I'd really fancy our chances if we start the second leg level but our defence is not up to shitfesting it on Tuesday so hopefully we go for it from the off.

Yeah, we can’t go up to Station Park needing a win.

Neither team should have anything to fear. Both are in the playoffs on merit, both have some fine players and everybody wil be up for it even if some of our lads have already put in a shift.

Raith fans sound anxious here, probably for good reason. Forfar on a roll and hopefully won't put in a performance like the Dumbarton game.

I'd fancy Forfar over two legs. Draw tomorrow, win on Saturday.

We finished below Forfar, have lost twice to them this season and are terrible away from home. Couple that with our terrible record in the play-offs historically and hardly a surprise our chances are being "downplayed". It's just managing expectations, really. 

Football isn't played on paper. Full time or not, the reality is that we were worse than Forfar over the course of the season. 

47 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Full time or not, the reality is that we were worse than Forfar over the course of the season. 

There's always hope. Alloa and Brechin were worse than us over the course of the season.