Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

26 minutes ago, elgin proud said:

300 b good crowd for cove

Which will matter not a jot.

They are a well run club, with good players.

Berwick are a poorly run club, with probably twice the support .

But, they're a crap team.

That's why they are in this position.

Do I feel sorry for Berwick? No.

I do, however, feel sorry for their fans. They're obviously hurting due to their club being fucked about by people who either dont know what they're doing, or people who dont give a shit about what they're doing....not only to the club, but to the community as a whole.

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I can’t remember about Buckie to be honest but it was blatantly obvious that Brora didn’t want to go up. Anyone that denies this is a brain dead moron. They were practically sending their own players on holidays and stag nights etc when they knew all year that was the date for the final.

so desperate were Brora not to go up that they were heading into the SPFL with thirteen minutes left of the second leg tie.

:1eye

Can only see Cove winning this to be honest. Berwick are a shambles. Cove's promotion will make the HFL a bit more interesting next season I think.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Which will matter not a jot.
They are a well run club, with good players.
Berwick are a poorly run club, with probably twice the support .
But, they're a crap team.
That's why they are in this position.
Do I feel sorry for Berwick? No.
I do, however, feel sorry for their fans. They're obviously hurting due to their club being fucked about by people who either dont know what they're doing, or people who dont give a shit about what they're doing....not only to the club, but to the community as a whole.

Isn't Berwick a mainly fan owned club?

...and?

Those players did want to go up, and the girning benefactor "Ben" was told in no uncertain terms to sit doon by the authorities after his media interview on not wanting to go up.

Brora's players and fans would royally have celebrated their win had they prevailed that day and the club taken the league place. Brora today will definitely want to progress (they were very unlucky in their title challenge this season).

Constant references to Brora throwing / not trying in the first relegation play-off are the preserve of plooky wee boys who weren't at the game, and pyramid obsessives.

Wheesht.

Was just thinking about what teams currently in the SPFL would be relegated to the HFL if they finished bottom and lost the play off.  Am I right in saying the Tay is the border for this?  Thus:

Aberdeen, St Johnstone, ICT, County, Dundee, Dundee United. Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Forfar, Montrose. Peterhead and  Elgin?

Pending league lop-sidedness with the LL I suppose.

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Brora said they didn’t want to go up. Their chairman said this. The majority of their players went on holiday instead of playing the game. Brora are exactly where they want to be, no idea why fans of struggling League 2 outfits get so touchy over it.

Cove on the other hand want to go up, and will be disappointed if they don’t.

Yawn (the majority of Brora's players weren't on holiday, and it's been some time now since we've been a "struggling league two outfit".)

Carry on pretending you know what you're talking about, it's quite entertaining.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was just thinking about what teams currently in the SPFL would be relegated to the HFL if they finished bottom and lost the play off.  Am I right in saying the Tay is the border for this?  Thus:

Aberdeen, St Johnstone, ICT, County, Dundee, Dundee United. Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Forfar, Montrose. Peterhead and  Elgin?

Pending league lop-sidedness with the LL I suppose.

It is the Tay yes, which would mean all sides north of the Tay go to the Highland League.

There's been some mumbling about changing the border to further North (specifically the River North Esk which would make Mo and Brechin the most northerly potential "candidates" for the LL). This would also resolve the problem of the Tayside juniors who have absolutely no interest in pyramid football or "progress" to the Highland League at present.

Last I heard no one gives enough of a shit to do anything about it (moving the border).

2 hours ago, marello said:

Cove had made absolutely no secret of their desire to be promoted into L2 - in fact for several years they've had a 'project' to that effect, name of which escapes me for now, with a significant milestone being their new stadium, interesting to see what the crowd is tomorrow after more than 1000 at the EK game. As all the Cowden on here know, Cove would have gone up last year without the (lack of) intervention by the ref

Cove who couldn't beat us over two legs. Cove who never looked like scoring in the game up there. Cove who couldn't score against us a few months later, when we beat them in the League Cup.

I have no doubt it will be tough for Berwick, mainly because of the poor run they have been on, but Cove are no great shakes. Good luck to both. I will be supporting Berwick though.

23 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Brora said they didn’t want to go up. Their chairman said this. The majority of their players went on holiday instead of playing the game. Brora are exactly where they want to be, no idea why fans of struggling League 2 outfits get so touchy over it.

Cove on the other hand want to go up, and will be disappointed if they don’t.

The thought of Cove not going up is scary.

The majority of them were, and their chairman/owner said they didn’t want to go up.

But aye, they definitely wanted to go up.
If memory serves right they had two missing first team players away on holiday or at a wedding.

If they were going to throw the tie then purposely losing the penalty shootout against Edinburgh in the semi final would have been the ideal opportunity.

The closer it got to showtime, the more panicky Brora got. They voiced concerns about the pyramid but went along with it at the time, like everyone but Buckie and Wick, only to start mouthing off as they cruised to the title. Think it was March before someone bought a map of League Two locations.

No one would have thought anything of it had they lost and said nothing, but that’s not how New Money likes to act. As soon as Uncle Ben said they couldn’t afford it he opened himself up to ridicule as everyone knew what the players were making out of the project.

It's kind of like a #LAD on a Saturday night. Before he tries any of his chat up lines on a female he will tell his pals "I don't want to pick one up anyway, only going to speak to her for BANTER" so when the ultimate, and inevitable. rejection comes "I told you I didn't want to pick one up anyway" gets trotted out.

12 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I can’t remember the exact number but it was closer to 7 or 8 than 2, it was definitely much more than two.

Why would they throw the semi when they can have the money of the semi and the final?

^^ Donald Trump