Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

Love to see new teams coming into the league but one issue for me is that clubs like Annan and Edinburgh City haven't really had time to build up much animosity within the SPFL so it's all a bit friendly. I, for one, am glad to see that at least one L2 club fucking despise Cove Rangers and that the feeling is mutual. More of it please.

Funerals get big attendances. Everyone's family turns-out when they emigrate. People line quaysides to see ships begin their last voyage. Masses used to watch executions. It'll be that sort of "big crowd" IMO.

I think you're seeing that already with the club rationing programme sales to 2 per person - morbid or ghoulish as it is plenty folk will want Berwick's "last-ever" league issue.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Funerals get big attendances. Everyone's family turns-out when they emigrate. People line quaysides to see ships begin their last voyage. Masses used to watch executions. It'll be that sort of "big crowd" IMO.

I think you're seeing that already with the club rationing programme sales to 2 per person - morbid or ghoulish as it is plenty folk will want Berwick's "last-ever" league issue.

There were a few folk on ebay triyng to sell them at a tenner a pop but lack of bulk buying power has fucked one of them up as their adverts not there anymore:lol:

I expect Cove to see the job through after watching the game last Saturday, the disappointing  thing that seems to be emerging from quite a few Berwick posters is not just writing off this season but the future of the club. Yes there needs to be major work done but why not just look at it as a new start it may well take more than 1 or 2 years but hard core of support need to pull together to stabilise then grow the clubs position again.. Good luck in the future.

On 12/05/2019 at 07:21, onecowden said:

Speaking as a 40 year gambler. Never bet a team that doesn’t have to win. Over the piece it’s a sure way to lose. I bet Cove -2,-3 yesterday. That’s job done for them. (And me). I’m not saying they can’t win. They’re playing Berwick Rangers who are in the worst state in my lifetime. Even money is terrible value.

well surely something after 40 years, similar to myself, gambling almost daily since red rum won 3rd national when I was 14,,,,sometimes evens is a good bet, men vs disenchanted men with significant difference in quality

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to Brownlie in today's paper the problem is we only have attack-minded players not defence-minded. They must have been suffering amnesia given their attack managed 0 goals in 9!

Kind of understand what he means. The youngsters in midfield like Ogilvie, Blues, Barr, Orru and Murphy only become animated when we have the ball. The natural defensive nous of people like Notman, Currie, Greenhill is just missing, so they don't track opposing players till it us too late. 

Then when that results in early goals against, it actually gets worse.