7 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

I agree, but financially for him it would surely have been better.

Depends if he has another decent proper job. Remember with Rory Mac according to the papers he was being offered about £750 a week full time at St Mirren & when United were involved it was meant to be a one year deal. Having had the sense to serve his time in a job that will keep him in work probably as long as he wants why would he probably lose money have less chance of success simply because folk think you should be playing at a higher level. In this country very few even in the Premier League are on huge money so if a player finds niche that suits him why not make the best of it.

£70,000 crikey that's enough to pay the Kelty management team with some change left over (allegedly)

Allegedly it’s not

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Depends if he has another decent proper job. Remember with Rory Mac according to the papers he was being offered about £750 a week full time at St Mirren & when United were involved it was meant to be a one year deal. Having had the sense to serve his time in a job that will keep him in work probably as long as he wants why would he probably lose money have less chance of success simply because folk think you should be playing at a higher level. In this country very few even in the Premier League are on huge money so if a player finds niche that suits him why not make the best of it.

Rory was one of the wise ones. A decent job and a part time deal is always going to be better than a full time deal at teams like St Mirren and United. Most players don’t have very long careers anyway.

Good. Scottish football is evolving into a different animal just now and it’s a good thing. More competitiveness and more progressiveness.
Indeed. Celtic going for 20 titles in a row very soon and all Scottish teams crashing out of Europe to teams without a vowel in their name ... ..... but Cove are in. Not really very much change or evidence of evolving into something better. Sorry to be so downbeat.

37 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Who owns the ground the football club or speedway or neither there certainly needs to be a pooling of recourses for the benefit of both. 

The council owns the ground, but the Supporters Club (rather than the football club) hold the lease.

1 minute ago, Alpha Gordini said:

The council owns the ground, but the Supporters Club (rather than the football club) hold the lease.

It would certainly appear there needs to be someone that steps up to the plate that can get all parties to pull together,  it looks as if it would be a big ask as divisions seem to have opened up over a period of time, maybe too many cooks have been the problem.

I agree, but financially for him it would surely have been better.

My understanding is Premier sides did look at Megginson - but his father was a Cove legend and he was a Cove supporter and is happy playing for his local team that wins almost every week. He is on a big wage at Cove

53 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Good. Scottish football is evolving into a different animal just now and it’s a good thing. More competitiveness and more progressiveness.

Indeed. Celtic going for 20 titles in a row very soon and all Scottish teams crashing out of Europe to teams without a vowel in their name ... ..... but Cove are in. Not really very much change or evidence of evolving into something better. Sorry to be so downbeat.

Totally agree. Encouraging a non league team to splash the cash for a shot at a play-off to get in League 2 is hardly evolving the game. The same stale league set up, playing each other umpteen times a season and youth football seems to be going backwards.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Rory was one of the wise ones. A decent job and a part time deal is always going to be better than a full time deal at teams like St Mirren and United. Most players don’t have very long careers anyway.

Indeed. As a rule I dont read books on sport, but someone many years ago suggested I read Des Mckeown's one on football, and part time football in particular.

Des had an above average thought process in comparison to most footballers. He said many of his team mates at the time thought it was more important to be known as a 'professional footballer', even though they were on average wages.

Well worth a read. 

Des had an above average thought process in comparison to most footballers. He said many of his team mates at the time thought it was more important to be known as a 'professional footballer', even though they were on average wages.
Well worth a read. 

There is absolutely no doubt that a large number of full time players(and even some part-timers ‘at-it’) absolutely love being able to go into sub-par local nightclubs and pick up dense girls with ‘I’m a footballer’

That your day consisting of 2 hours training get your lunch made for you and maybe an hour at the gym before spending the rest of the day playing fifa or hanging out at Starbucks. Maybe on a busy day you’ll have some community engagement(school visits etc) when you’ll again be able to boost your ego.

As long as your being payed enough to cover a discounted bmw lease, some blond hair dye and a shared flat then many will be absolutely delighted. Maybe a couple of win bonuses to pay for some shite tattoos.

Hardly the end of the world Berwick Rangers dropping into the Lowland League. The LL is just another East of Scotland League with a couple of faintly westie teams in it, so travel is hardly a problem.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There is absolutely no doubt that a large number of full time players(and even some part-timers ‘at-it’) absolutely love being able to go into sub-par local nightclubs and pick up dense girls with ‘I’m a footballer’

That your day consisting of 2 hours training get your lunch made for you and maybe an hour at the gym before spending the rest of the day playing fifa or hanging out at Starbucks. Maybe on a busy day you’ll have some community engagement(school visits etc) when you’ll again be able to boost your ego.

As long as your being payed enough to cover a discounted bmw lease, some blond hair dye and a shared flat then many will be absolutely delighted. Maybe a couple of win bonuses to pay for some shite tattoos.

Snowflake generation back in the day it would have been to the pub for an afternoon session:lol:

54 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Berwexit fans, look away now:

https://youtu.be/nZs6_Nsg50U

Jesus. Knew we couldn't play football, didn't realise we struggle to stay upright. 

A fair reflection on the game even showed Berwicks one clear cut chance, a couple scrambled goals for Cove but could have had another 3 or 4.

I actually saw Peterhead-Berwick back in the autumn at Balmoor, when Horn was still in charge. They lost 0-1 that day and were a touch unlucky not to take a point.

Astonishing how bad they are now, six months later. I think that team would struggle in the Lowland League.

I know Berwick have one or two absolute wallopers as followers but I do feel sorry for them. It's a lovely town and a good day out. A shame to see them go in some ways, and it will be a very long way back.

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The 1st and 3rd goals :lol:

Thought the same #SelfHarm