Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

32 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ross County got very good crowds in the HL and were the first or second team for tens of thousands of people in Easter Ross, Cromarty, the Black Isle and into Sutherland

lol wut

If everyone who actually lived in the above, rural and depopulated parts of the country both i) gave a toss about football and ii) slavishly devoted themselves to a single HL team, then sure. But that isn't actually how it works though. 

That's like claiming that Morton have got the support of the 110k people who live in Greater Greenock, Cowal, Bute and Largs because we're the closest league team and have some support base there as well. 

Edited by vikingTON

55 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ross County got very good crowds in the HL and were the first or second team for tens of thousands of people in Easter Ross, Cromarty, the Black Isle and into Sutherland. Cove have about a hundred fans. I don't think it's remotely foreseeable that Cove could draw enough of a support to even go full time. 

Any way of finding out what the average attendance was for RC  for their last 30 years in the HFL, as I dont remember them being particularly well supported .

I didnt miss a PFC match , home or away for about 20 years, and RC never seemed to have anything more than 200-300 at Victoria Park for a league game.

They weren't a particularly successful outfit in the HFL until very late on. One league win until the 90's, and possibly a cup or two?

On 10/05/2019 at 13:11, TheScarf said:

Was just thinking about what teams currently in the SPFL would be relegated to the HFL if they finished bottom and lost the play off.  Am I right in saying the Tay is the border for this?  Thus:

Aberdeen, St Johnstone, ICT, County, Dundee, Dundee United. Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Forfar, Montrose. Peterhead and  Elgin?

Pending league lop-sidedness with the LL I suppose.

Aye. I think there's actually a specific line of longitude, but can't remember where I saw it. As folk say though it's pretty much the Tay given where clubs are based.

19 hours ago, SFRool said:

Do away goal count extra if a draw after both games ?

No. Why would they?

Berwick have been pish so far. Long punts to Healy is what Cove want you to do. If they play it on the deck to him he holds it up briefly and is dispossessed with no support.

Deserved goal to make it 1 nil. Scrappy goal from a corner.