Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

actually i was there with two Livi fans who had absolutely no allegiance - my only allegiance is being from aberdeenshire but that was first time i'd ever seen cove or indeed cowdenbeath..the Livi guys, nae exactly youngsters, said it was the worst ref performance they'd seen...of course if cove had scored one of their many chances in first leg (wasn't there but watched the footage) it wouldn't have mattered...pretty sure cove will go up and hopefully take 12 points off cowden next season

19 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Ross Tokely missed the game as he was working in Angola. Grant Munro played the final game, but missed the two prior play-off games, and stated he would leave Brora if they went up.

Craig McKeown, Gavin Morrison and Scott Houston all went on holiday and missed the game.

Scott Graham, James Mackay and Colin Williamson also missed the game.

So that’s 7 (that I can remember) that missed the final game, and one who played but publicly stated he would leave if they were promoted.

I remember one player saying he couldn't make it because of his parents' wedding anniversary.

18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Not sure if yon Berwick fan has made other arrangements but I’ve just walked up to Cove from town and there’s a road closed heading into town meaning massive tailbacks if going to the station. That would add a lot of time into your journey. 

That has been going on for a couple weeks, been causing major hold ups, should be ok going in by Nigg but stay away from the bridge of dee/Duthie park road

Either way,

Sean B., Kyle, and Ryan, Adrian, Jack C., Andrew, Craig, Jordan, Boab, and Dougie, Lewis, Cameron, Ross, Declan, Sean M., and Jack O, Calum, Ahmed, Grant, Daryl, and Ousman.

John and Yano.

Do us proud today, boys; everyone is behind you - no one will blame you. Go on and show the world what they were missing back when JH was manager!

13 minutes ago, peternapper said:

That has been going on for a couple weeks, been causing major hold ups, should be ok going in by Nigg but stay away from the bridge of dee/Duthie park road

Traffic tailed all way past the Tesco at Nigg due to the volume of cars diverting that way. Would definitely add a bit of time to a journey.

15 minutes ago, marello said:

actually i was there with two Livi fans who had absolutely no allegiance - my only allegiance is being from aberdeenshire but that was first time i'd ever seen cove or indeed cowdenbeath..the Livi guys, nae exactly youngsters, said it was the worst ref performance they'd seen...of course if cove had scored one of their many chances in first leg (wasn't there but watched the footage) it wouldn't have mattered...pretty sure cove will go up and hopefully take 12 points off cowden next season

Stop talking garbage you cheese melt. There was one very questionable decision and that’s it. How does that equate to the ‘worst refereeing performance ever’.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

If Ross County can rise to the top so can Cove one day

Ross County got very good crowds in the HL and were the first or second team for tens of thousands of people in Easter Ross, Cromarty, the Black Isle and into Sutherland. Cove have about a hundred fans. I don't think it's remotely foreseeable that Cove could draw enough of a support to even go full time. 

28 minutes ago, marello said:

You want to get out more then. That's normal refereeing every other week in League 2.

Not sure if yon Berwick fan has made other arrangements but I’ve just walked up to Cove from town and there’s a road closed heading into town meaning massive tailbacks if going to the station. That would add a lot of time into your journey. 

Which road

Stop talking garbage you cheese melt. There was one very questionable decision and that’s it. How does that equate to the ‘worst refereeing performance ever’.

2nd time visited they pumped us out the Scottish cup [emoji26]

We had a couple sent off (big Yards one if I remember right)

Ref not the best - but shit happens.

The problem with Cove last year was they thought it was over at HT at CP. to be fair it should have been but the bottled it then lost the plot.

Good luck Berwick

20 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ross County got very good crowds in the HL and were the first or second team for tens of thousands of people in Easter Ross, Cromarty, the Black Isle and into Sutherland. Cove have about a hundred fans. I don't think it's remotely foreseeable that Cove could draw enough of a support to even go full time. 

Just because southerners had no idea there was football happening in the North doesn't mean nobody was watching it. 

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It’s a fair comment but you need to start somewhere 

Sadly Aberdeen currently has thousands of non match going fans and plenty that wouldn’t necessarily associate themselves with Aberdeen FC

Theres potentially something for them to tap into in the future 

No allegiance but you hope Cove take 12 points off Cowden. Sit down, have a cuppa, relax. Everything will be alright whoever wins.