Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DutchBorderer

Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

Recommended Posts

In other circumstances I'd want a HL team to beat the SPFL team in this. I think it's good for Scottish football to have movement at this level, and progression is a good thing.

But these aren't other circumstances. This is Cove, the only genuinely unlikeable club in non-league senior football. Obnoxious, over-entitled officials, boring team, dull ground in a rubbish location, terrible pitch, and a general air of smug arseholery about them. So I'm happily supporting the Englishmen. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

If they didn't want to go up then why were they only 13 mins away from winning the play off?

If they all wanted to piss off on holiday then why did they beat Edinburgh in the semi final thereby causing another 2 games against Montrose?

Probably because the Highland League Champions wanted to beat the Lowland League Champions- the Highland League traditionally looked upon the East of Scotland League as tinpot and this attitude may have continued in the early years of the LL. 

I was at both play off matches and Brora manager Davey Kirkwood certainly wanted to beat City. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest minter is someone claiming Brora have a fan base! 

Where are the Berwick fans drinking in town?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Probably because the Highland League Champions wanted to beat the Lowland League Champions- the Highland League traditionally looked upon the East of Scotland League as tinpot and this attitude may have continued in the early years of the LL. 

I was at both play off matches and Brora manager Davey Kirkwood certainly wanted to beat City. 

I was at the second leg and it was one of the worst games of football I’ve ever been at. 

Edit: The Artisan pre matched helped. Bloody good pub. 

Edited by Muzza81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a week of stunning comebacks for English teams Berwick might actually perform a similar miracle and win a match! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going along to this game as a neutral. I do have a soft spot for Berwick as I had a really good time when I was there and met some lovely people. I try to not judge clubs I've never been to, so I'm open minded going to Cove. If I get the same experiences there as I've read from others, that neutrality might be out of the window soon though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In the LL v HL were EK not overwhelming favs, or was that fanatical EK supporters.
Anything can happen. Hope it's still alive after 90mins.
Yeah they were the favourites. Cove must be a great side. EK are the best side I've seen all season and are better than some of the SPFL teams I've watched this season.

Cant see any other outcome than Cove going up. I was pretty confident of a promotion this year regardless of who. Cant wait till Berwick come down so they can be 'the biggest club in the Lowland League'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GordonS said:

In other circumstances I'd want a HL team to beat the SPFL team in this. I think it's good for Scottish football to have movement at this level, and progression is a good thing.

But these aren't other circumstances. This is Cove, the only genuinely unlikeable club in non-league senior football. Obnoxious, over-entitled officials, boring team, dull ground in a rubbish location, terrible pitch, and a general air of smug arseholery about them. So I'm happily supporting the Englishmen. Good luck!

Spot on

 fans seem to think we dislike cove because we played them in the play off and won ! Btw, now 3 games with Cowden. 2 defeats and  a draw for cove.

it was their attitude. Came with billy big boys strut, mouthing off in the press about what they were going to do to us, lost the plot when they they were losing and had 3 players sent off. Players and officials hurling abuse at Cowden players, officials and fans. Trashing the changing room. Paul Mcmanus putting derogatory comments on Twitter about Cowden.

thats why we don’t like them and unless they change their ways, they won’t enhance the spfl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the older lower league fans seem scared of change :(

Mon the Cove!

Hope they shoot up the leagues and we can have a Granite City Derby one day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some of the older lower league fans seem scared of change :(

Mon the Cove!

Hope they shoot up the leagues and we can have a Granite City Derby one day 

They will become Aberdeen colts if they get up.  2 or 3 of their current squad are good enough for league 2 but that’s all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

They will become Aberdeen colts if they get up.  2 or 3 of their current squad are good enough for league 2 but that’s all. 

If Ross County can rise to the top so can Cove one day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If Ross County can rise to the top so can Cove one day

One man band tho. What happens when Mcgregor pops his clogs ?

look at Morton, old man Rae dies and family don’t want to bankroll the club like dad did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some of the older lower league fans seem scared of change :(

Mon the Cove!

Hope they shoot up the leagues and we can have a Granite City Derby one day 

Won’t be a Granite City Derby if Aberdeen are playing out in the sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brazilianlex said:

One man band tho. What happens when Mcgregor pops his clogs ?

look at Morton, old man Rae dies and family don’t want to bankroll the club like dad did. 

f**k knows man 

I'm talking purely hypothetical here, I don’t have a crystal ball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If Ross County can rise to the top so can Cove one day

Might be bigger than Aberdeen

 

33 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some of the older lower league fans seem scared of change :(

Mon the Cove!

Hope they shoot up the leagues and we can have a Granite City Derby one day 

They could become Sevco colts. A northern outpost for all the knuckledraggers up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Won’t be a Granite City Derby if Aberdeen are playing out in the sticks.

Colts Rangers will be the only team in Aberdeen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Very quiet from  Berwick on team news/injuries - and fair enough on a day like this. Tell em nowt. 

See would be good, but apart from that it will be all about heart and effort from whoever is selected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...