Sign in to follow this  
DutchBorderer

Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

The facts are 7 Brora players missed the final match, and several others missed prior play-offs games. Their owner and at least one player stated they did not want to go up.

My entire family isn’t far from Brora, and the fanbase/players were pretty much split on whether they wanted to go up.

The Montrose (and other League Two diddies) fans obviously aren’t going to be convinced, so they can hold on to the belief that Brora really really wanted to go up, but deep down, they and everybody else know the truth.

If they didn't want to go up then why were they only 13 mins away from winning the play off?

If they all wanted to piss off on holiday then why did they beat Edinburgh in the semi final thereby causing another 2 games against Montrose?

I'm not sure why we are even discussing this, bit pointless and everything's been said a fair few times over previously. Brora lost, for whatever reason, Montrose stayed up and are now a shining example of what Berwick Rangers should aspire to.

Getting back to the thread...

I really hope we can pull this off. If we can come away from tomorrow with at least a draw, and no injuries to worry about, I'll be very happy.

As well as all the players, I hope *all* the BRFC directors will show up, for once. If ever there was a time we all need to pull together, this is it.

If they didn't want to go up then why were they only 13 mins away from winning the play off?

If they all wanted to piss off on holiday then why did they beat Edinburgh in the semi final thereby causing another 2 games against Montrose?

Not sure if serious

More games played = more money for Brora

Pretty simple

4 minutes ago, SFRool said:

Do away goal count extra if a draw after both games ?

I believe not,  it's 30 mins ET then pens.

Not sure if serious

More games played = more money for Brora

Pretty simple
More money!!Come on now your having a laugh,Brora to Edinburgh ,crowd off about 500 theirs no money to be made their.

Anyway good luck to both team's....Mon the Rangers

Will be accommodating plenty of bell-ends if Berwick take any sort of a support tomorrow (however unlikely that is). Get doon.
Thank you for another of your widely anticipated pearls Mr Wee; and, as one of these welcome quirks of coincidence, that's just a perfect description of what you talk. I most reverently hope your next sh!t's a hedgehog. Mr Pride of the Clyde however is a credit to your club and society, which IMHO, you are not. You dick.

Always had a soft spot for Berwick since I had a holiday down there many moons ago.  Great away day, and great fans who have really been through the mill.  Hope you guys pull this off.  Great club with a great history.  The SPFL would be poorer without you guys.  So pull this off and have a fresh start in the league next season.  You can do it!

No disrespect to Cove but I’m rooting for Berwick here. Difficult to predict how it might go. I worried for Cowdenbeath when they were in the same position as Berwick but they managed to do it so it can be done. Good luck. 

I've been sitting awhile by the fire this evening, leafing through the club centenary history - which I confess hasn't been off the shelf for some time. Its author Tony Langmack died in February.

This week will rank with the defining days of 140yrs. Founding fathers. Joining the Border and EOS leagues; Scottish Cup; entering SFL. Building the ground with the sweat and toil of the fans - carting up turf from Goswick, bringing a stand by train. Fighting off Rangers attempt to expel us. League Cup SF in 1964. Of course 1967 - always 1967. Dave Smith and glory. Ian Cashmore.

It stops in 1981. Since then there's been highs and lows: reviving under Jeffries, the trials of the late 1980s, almost going bust in the early 1990s. Those cup-ties with Hearts and Rangers. Paul Smith and gunning for promotion to the First Division. 'That Diack Goal'; going down again. All are the mists of the past. All the present can try to do is emulate the passion, the pride... and the performances.

'Mon the Gers.

'Mon the Dream Team.

In other circumstances I'd want a HL team to beat the SPFL team in this. I think it's good for Scottish football to have movement at this level, and progression is a good thing.

But these aren't other circumstances. This is Cove, the only genuinely unlikeable club in non-league senior football. Obnoxious, over-entitled officials, boring team, dull ground in a rubbish location, terrible pitch, and a general air of smug arseholery about them. So I'm happily supporting the Englishmen. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Probably because the Highland League Champions wanted to beat the Lowland League Champions- the Highland League traditionally looked upon the East of Scotland League as tinpot and this attitude may have continued in the early years of the LL. 

I was at both play off matches and Brora manager Davey Kirkwood certainly wanted to beat City. 

The biggest minter is someone claiming Brora have a fan base! 

Where are the Berwick fans drinking in town?

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Probably because the Highland League Champions wanted to beat the Lowland League Champions- the Highland League traditionally looked upon the East of Scotland League as tinpot and this attitude may have continued in the early years of the LL. 

I was at both play off matches and Brora manager Davey Kirkwood certainly wanted to beat City. 

I was at the second leg and it was one of the worst games of football I’ve ever been at. 

Edit: The Artisan pre matched helped. Bloody good pub. 

Edited by Muzza81

In a week of stunning comebacks for English teams Berwick might actually perform a similar miracle and win a match! 

I'm going along to this game as a neutral. I do have a soft spot for Berwick as I had a really good time when I was there and met some lovely people. I try to not judge clubs I've never been to, so I'm open minded going to Cove. If I get the same experiences there as I've read from others, that neutrality might be out of the window soon though.

In the LL v HL were EK not overwhelming favs, or was that fanatical EK supporters.
Anything can happen. Hope it's still alive after 90mins.
Yeah they were the favourites. Cove must be a great side. EK are the best side I've seen all season and are better than some of the SPFL teams I've watched this season.

Cant see any other outcome than Cove going up. I was pretty confident of a promotion this year regardless of who. Cant wait till Berwick come down so they can be 'the biggest club in the Lowland League'