• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

It's a close run thing with St Johnstone to be fair, wouldn't use them as an example as it's not clear cut. Cowdenbeath are a League 2 club, id say we are a League 1 club, I'd say Dunfermline were a Premiership club.

Based on the size of club which affects budget, finance and potential.

We are over performing, Falkirk are under performing, wouldn't say either of us are at the level we should be.

Jama was having a pop at Cowden for not doing anything and lingering around the bottom of the leagues. But what can be expected of a club who have an average crowd of about 350 fans? They have punched above their weight and done really well in recent times.

Its why Alloa have received so much credit this year and why Falkirk and Partick have got so much stick. The teams on the park performed way below the level they should be at whilst Alloa have exceeded the level they should be at.

In my opinion that's just logic

These comparisons are nonsense - Dunfermline are supposedly a Premiership club despite never having played in it - their SPL stint before that being funded by Creditors. Cowden spent 4 seasons recently in the 2nd tier - Arbroath have yet to play in the Championship. All meaningless - in reality you are considering first of all part time v full time and then population as primary drivers as regards probability of being at any particular level

Is there any evidence of Cove wrecking up the changing room at Cowdenbeath last season? Not that I don’t think they weren’t fizzing enough to have done it, I just didn’t see anything written about it at the time.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Is there any evidence of Cove wrecking up the changing room at Cowdenbeath last season? Not that I don’t think they weren’t fizzing enough to have done it, I just didn’t see anything written about it at the time.

Things like this happen and are normally sorted out between clubs. No need for everything to be reported. 

The story from quite a few folk was a fire extinguisher ripped off the wall, a door kicked in and a tea urn thrown about. 

Anyway we all start afresh next season.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Cove v Cowden should be fun next season,might pop along to one of the games.

Seethe all over the place in this thread particularly from Fife,me,I'm ecstatic Vale and the rest of the SHFL will be saying ta ta tae CR.

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Cove vs Cowdenbeath derby needs a shit "El Kessocko" style nickname.

I'll go for El Staunchico.

The Co-Co.

22 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Cove v Cowden should be fun next season,might pop along to one of the games.

Seethe all over the place in this thread particularly from Fife,me,I'm ecstatic Vale and the rest of the SHFL will be saying ta ta tae CR.

It more or less died out by the time we played them in the Betfred Cup I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Sounds like Berwick are expecting a big crowd on Saturday. Might have to leave the pub early.

(But then again, I could be back there early too.) 

Love to see new teams coming into the league but one issue for me is that clubs like Annan and Edinburgh City haven't really had time to build up much animosity within the SPFL so it's all a bit friendly. I, for one, am glad to see that at least one L2 club fucking despise Cove Rangers and that the feeling is mutual. More of it please.

Funerals get big attendances. Everyone's family turns-out when they emigrate. People line quaysides to see ships begin their last voyage. Masses used to watch executions. It'll be that sort of "big crowd" IMO.

I think you're seeing that already with the club rationing programme sales to 2 per person - morbid or ghoulish as it is plenty folk will want Berwick's "last-ever" league issue.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Funerals get big attendances. Everyone's family turns-out when they emigrate. People line quaysides to see ships begin their last voyage. Masses used to watch executions. It'll be that sort of "big crowd" IMO.

I think you're seeing that already with the club rationing programme sales to 2 per person - morbid or ghoulish as it is plenty folk will want Berwick's "last-ever" league issue.

There were a few folk on ebay triyng to sell them at a tenner a pop but lack of bulk buying power has fucked one of them up as their adverts not there anymore:lol:

I expect Cove to see the job through after watching the game last Saturday, the disappointing  thing that seems to be emerging from quite a few Berwick posters is not just writing off this season but the future of the club. Yes there needs to be major work done but why not just look at it as a new start it may well take more than 1 or 2 years but hard core of support need to pull together to stabilise then grow the clubs position again.. Good luck in the future.

On 12/05/2019 at 07:21, onecowden said:

Speaking as a 40 year gambler. Never bet a team that doesn’t have to win. Over the piece it’s a sure way to lose. I bet Cove -2,-3 yesterday. That’s job done for them. (And me). I’m not saying they can’t win. They’re playing Berwick Rangers who are in the worst state in my lifetime. Even money is terrible value.

well surely something after 40 years, similar to myself, gambling almost daily since red rum won 3rd national when I was 14,,,,sometimes evens is a good bet, men vs disenchanted men with significant difference in quality

Well that’s the end of Berwick’s spell in the SPFL. 7-0 to Cove on aggregate....

What’s the beef with Berwick? Genuine question