Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No such thing as under performing or over performing clubs then nae bather

We're in the Championship now but we're not a Championship sized club

Not yet. Ambition, man, ambition!

10 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The only reason Cowden fans are slagging off Cove is due to their behaviour at. CP. They were fine at the first game. However, after one of the worst tackles I’ve ever seen at a game their players lost it.

The manager, live on radio calling the officials, Cowden management, fans, in fact everyone one in Fife cheats. They trashed the dressing room and, and, and.  Willie Miller and the BBC pundits saying after Sheran’s interview that that would be the end of his managerial career, none of them had ever heard anything like it.

Also not forgetting their Facebook page calling us cheating b*****ds and Mitch Megginson coming off the pitch yelling "SHITE CLUB" at the Cowden fans after we beat them in the League Cup.  

4 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just look at the tackle. Bet you wouldn’t have been pleased to see one of your players on the end of that. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/cowdenbeath-cove-rangers-involved-explosive-12524823

Fuck me, was the person filming that on the moon?

59 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Patronising nonsense. The pyramid is a good thing but saying clubs "haven't tried hard enough" is disrespectful to countless good people at these clubs who will put a hell of a lot more of their time in as volunteers than you do at the Farmer Dome or I do at Falkirk.

The footballers obviously "try", the problem is they aren't good enough and, therefore, are all but relegated out of the professional leagues.

I took a trip down to watch Albion win 3-0 against Berwick couple weeks back. Berwick were absolutely atrocious, and the Rovers' striker (Osadollar?) absolutely ripped them apart. I wasn't surprised in the slightest with how poor they were and that they find themselves 4-0 down already in the play-offs. 

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No such thing as under performing or over performing clubs then nae bather

We're in the Championship now but we're not a Championship sized club

Why not? 

In what way are St Johnstone not a Premiership club?

I went along on Saturday fully expecting a Cove win but nothing could have prepared me for the ineptitude of Berwick.

This is not hyperbole, I genuinely think they would struggle to get in to the last 8 of the Junior Scottish Cup but seeing that's where they seem to have signed a lot of players from that possibly isn't a surprise.

I sympathise greatly with Berwick and despite being from Aberdeen I wanted them to prevail. After the game however it just made logical sense to me that the pyramid is absolutely the way to go.  As sad as it is a team as bad as that has absolutely no place in the SPFL.

Why not? 
In what way are St Johnstone not a Premiership club?

It's a close run thing with St Johnstone to be fair, wouldn't use them as an example as it's not clear cut. Cowdenbeath are a League 2 club, id say we are a League 1 club, I'd say Dunfermline were a Premiership club.

Based on the size of club which affects budget, finance and potential.

We are over performing, Falkirk are under performing, wouldn't say either of us are at the level we should be.

Jama was having a pop at Cowden for not doing anything and lingering around the bottom of the leagues. But what can be expected of a club who have an average crowd of about 350 fans? They have punched above their weight and done really well in recent times.

Its why Alloa have received so much credit this year and why Falkirk and Partick have got so much stick. The teams on the park performed way below the level they should be at whilst Alloa have exceeded the level they should be at.

In my opinion that's just logic

It's not in any way a close thing with St Johnstone. They're a team that have been in the top league for 10 years, have won the Scottish Cup and been in Europe multiple times.

They are an established top league club. They are very much at 'their level'.

there is footage on youtube filmed from amongst the cowden fans, what it doesn't show is the rugby tackle on the cover keeper which ultimately (and of course wrongfully but understandable all the same) led to the poor behaviour referenced above.

another aberdeen poster on here anti-cove - wonder if he/she would like to explain why?

Yeah St Johnstone are definitely a top flight club.  Very much established themselves there, safe a few season in the 1st in the mid 2000's.  Poor example IMO.

It's a close run thing with St Johnstone to be fair, wouldn't use them as an example as it's not clear cut. Cowdenbeath are a League 2 club, id say we are a League 1 club, I'd say Dunfermline were a Premiership club.

Based on the size of club which affects budget, finance and potential.

We are over performing, Falkirk are under performing, wouldn't say either of us are at the level we should be.

Jama was having a pop at Cowden for not doing anything and lingering around the bottom of the leagues. But what can be expected of a club who have an average crowd of about 350 fans? They have punched above their weight and done really well in recent times.

Its why Alloa have received so much credit this year and why Falkirk and Partick have got so much stick. The teams on the park performed way below the level they should be at whilst Alloa have exceeded the level they should be at.

In my opinion that's just logic

These comparisons are nonsense - Dunfermline are supposedly a Premiership club despite never having played in it - their SPL stint before that being funded by Creditors. Cowden spent 4 seasons recently in the 2nd tier - Arbroath have yet to play in the Championship. All meaningless - in reality you are considering first of all part time v full time and then population as primary drivers as regards probability of being at any particular level

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Is there any evidence of Cove wrecking up the changing room at Cowdenbeath last season? Not that I don’t think they weren’t fizzing enough to have done it, I just didn’t see anything written about it at the time.

Things like this happen and are normally sorted out between clubs. No need for everything to be reported. 

The story from quite a few folk was a fire extinguisher ripped off the wall, a door kicked in and a tea urn thrown about. 

Anyway we all start afresh next season.

Edited by cowdenbeath

22 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Cove v Cowden should be fun next season,might pop along to one of the games.

Seethe all over the place in this thread particularly from Fife,me,I'm ecstatic Vale and the rest of the SHFL will be saying ta ta tae CR.

It more or less died out by the time we played them in the Betfred Cup I wouldn't get too excited about it.