Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

Perhaps influenced by the example of Jimmy Scott. Couldn’t get a game for Cowden and asked away so released then signs for cove and walks into the starting 11.
Let you off then

Martin Scott was signed to flesh out the squad and give Megginson the day off, such as on a midweek trip to Fort William, and to finish off the league fixtures against mid-table shams like Clach and Keith. Cove ran their squad into the ground a couple of years back and ended up with nothing left in Daryl Nicol when they took on Edinburgh City, and have managed themselves better this time round.

Whether he’d be a starter if Megginson, Masson, and MacRae were all fit and available every week, I dunno. Nice set of tattoos on it tho.

8 hours ago, marty_j said:

Can we just have a reality check . We have conceded 23 goals in last 6 games and scored zero we haven’t scored since 12th March.
We are not going to score 4 goals in 90 minutes let alone concede none.
We are relegated.
Please stop with the “they could do it” nonsense. We can’t . We’re shit. We’re down - Saturday is about not being embarrassed.

Absolutely. There couldn't be any more evidence that we are shockingly bad. These things were said before Elgin - lost 2-0. And before Albion - lost 3-0. And before Cove - lost 4-0. 

The notion that we can suddenly burst into life and win by 4 or 5, is quite ridiculous.

Edited by Redcar

9 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Martin Scott was signed to flesh out the squad and give Megginson the day off, such as on a midweek trip to Fort William, and to finish off the league fixtures against mid-table shams like Clach and Keith. Cove ran their squad into the ground a couple of years back and ended up with nothing left in Daryl Nicol when they took on Edinburgh City, and have managed themselves better this time round.

Whether he’d be a starter if Megginson, Masson, and MacRae were all fit and available every week, I dunno. Nice set of tattoos on it tho.

Watched the ICT v Dundee U game last night. What a load of rubbish. Quality no better than some Div 2 games I've seen. If ICT are one of the standard bearers for highland football then dearie me. Cove will add more mediocre highland pish to the league and look forward to them being our bitches next season.

Totally agree. Encouraging a non league team to splash the cash for a shot at a play-off to get in League 2 is hardly evolving the game. The same stale league set up, playing each other umpteen times a season and youth football seems to be going backwards.

Plenty of folk saying Cove and EK are splashing the cash, questioning whether it’s sustainable, saying it’s not progressive - meanwhile you have teams like Cowdenbeath who’s fans were saying it’s lights out for them if they go down. You’re quite happy to have a go at Cove for spending money yet many clubs in League 2 aren’t prepared to go down. For far too long you have enjoyed a cushty life in that division. East Stirling would regularly finish bottom. Look at them now. I want to see competitiveness and I want to see teams fighting to stay in the division or fighting to get into it. Berwick are going down with barely a whimper and Cove are roaring up. Berwick deserve to go down. Any team that fights to stay up has my sympathy, but not Berwick. I want them and anyone else who hasn’t tried hard enough to be replaced by an ambitious new club.

Plenty of folk saying Cove and EK are splashing the cash, questioning whether it’s sustainable, saying it’s not progressive - meanwhile you have teams like Cowdenbeath who’s fans were saying it’s lights out for them if they go down. You’re quite happy to have a go at Cove for spending money yet many clubs in League 2 aren’t prepared to go down. For far too long you have enjoyed a cushty life in that division. East Stirling would regularly finish bottom. Look at them now. I want to see competitiveness and I want to see teams fighting to stay in the division or fighting to get into it. Berwick are going down with barely a whimper and Cove are roaring up. Berwick deserve to go down. Any team that fights to stay up has my sympathy, but not Berwick. I want them and anyone else who hasn’t tried hard enough to be replaced by an ambitious new club.

Like Gretna

Like Gretna

The difference here being Gretna applied for a place in the league when there was a space available. Cove have earned their right to to be in the league and will be replacing a team that hasn’t played well enough over the course of the season.

If your club wouldn’t survive the drop then maybe it’s time Cowdenbeath got their own house in order before you can slate Cove for their endeavours.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

The difference here being Gretna applied for a place in the league when there was a space available. Cove have earned their right to to be in the league and will be replacing a team that hasn’t played well enough over the course of the season.

If your club wouldn’t survive the drop then maybe it’s time Cowdenbeath got their own house in order before you can slate Cove for their endeavours.

Wow. A lesson in football finance from the perpetually mediocre St someone or other.

Wow. A lesson in football finance from the perpetually mediocre St someone or other.

We at St. “Someone” over the past 10 years have solidified ourselves in the Scottish top flight, enjoyed several European trips and of course won the Scottish Cup. We are also financially very comfortable. Meanwhile The “Blue Brazil” are League 2 strugglers who are scared of going down because they would go bust.

Cowden could do with taking a leaf out of the St. Someone book. You should accept your lesson.

We at St. “Someone” over the past 10 years have solidified ourselves in the Scottish top flight, enjoyed several European trips and of course won the Scottish Cup. We are also financially very comfortable. Meanwhile The “Blue Brazil” are League 2 strugglers who are scared of going down because they would go bust.

Cowden could do with taking a leaf out of the St. Someone book. You should accept your lesson.

Cowdenbeath have had their years in the sun relatively recently though and are now probably back to their level?

It would be similar to St Johnstone now going back into the Championship after their recent successes and sitting at the top end of that league again for a period of time?

Wouldn't be slagging Cowden although don't think Cowden fans should be slagging Cove either.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cowdenbeath have had their years in the sun relatively recently though and are now probably back to their level?

It would be similar to St Johnstone now going back into the Championship after their recent successes and sitting at the top end of that league again for a period of time?

Wouldn't be slagging Cowden although don't think Cowden fans should be slagging Cove either.

St Johnstone are at 'their level'. Where clubs finish is 'their level'.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Patronising nonsense. The pyramid is a good thing but saying clubs "haven't tried hard enough" is disrespectful to countless good people at these clubs who will put a hell of a lot more of their time in as volunteers than you do at the Farmer Dome or I do at Falkirk.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah, that's the teams level not the clubs

St Johnstone's 'level' as a club is exactly where they are now, not some moronic bullshit based on attendances.

St Johnstone's 'level' as a club is exactly where they are now, not some moronic bullshit based on attendances.

No such thing as under performing or over performing clubs then nae bather

We're in the Championship now but we're not a Championship sized club

Patronising nonsense. The pyramid is a good thing but saying clubs "haven't tried hard enough" is disrespectful to countless good people at these clubs who will put a hell of a lot more of their time in as volunteers than you do at the Farmer Dome or I do at Falkirk.

I’m sure there’s lots of good people at Cowden. I’m sure there’s lots of good people at Falkirk. That hasn’t saved you though has it - and now you’re in the seaside league. At the end of the day - it doesn’t matter how many good people you have at the club, it’s the results that matter.

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m sure there’s lots of good people at Cowden. I’m sure there’s lots of good people at Falkirk. That hasn’t saved you though has it - and now you’re in the seaside league. At the end of the day - it doesn’t matter how many good people you have at the club, it’s the results that matter.

And that's  result of these people not putting in effort, they "haven't tried hard enough"?

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The only reason Cowden fans are slagging off Cove is due to their behaviour at. CP. They were fine at the first game. However, after one of the worst tackles I’ve ever seen at a game their players lost it.

The manager, live on radio calling the officials, Cowden management, fans, in fact everyone one in Fife cheats. They trashed the dressing room and, and, and.  Willie Miller and the BBC pundits saying after Sheran’s interview that that would be the end of his managerial career, none of them had ever heard anything like it.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just look at the tackle. Bet you wouldn’t have been pleased to see one of your players on the end of that. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/cowdenbeath-cove-rangers-involved-explosive-12524823