Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

Though Berwick had already confirmed they'd go in to Lowland League next season?

Shame for their fans but I'm all for a meritocracy in football, and that means more League 2 teams will probably go down over the next few years.

15 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Controversial opinion here BUT cove been in playoffs three times. This is the first time that John Sheran hasn’t been involved. Obviously it’s a shocker that he’s had a health issue but may have been a blessing in disguise re how the team progressed?

Trains them all season to win everything going including a close game with Hearts, and it's because he's ill that Cove hammered a shite team. WTF are you on?

55 minutes ago, Coogs said:

Sneaking suspicion that they may try and join northern leagues in England with all the scouting that apparently went on down Newcastle way.

Sad day for club today, as we've said all season. Disappointed but not surprised.

How fun a Berwick v Morpeth derby in those leagues :):thumsup2.

On a  very serious note now it is a sad day for Berwick and their fans and I can only sympathise with them over what has been an absolutely dreadful season and for that the clubs board and owners must hang their heads in shame. 

I remember watching Berwick at the 4 Angus sides years back when they had a decent side and being reasonably impressed with them, but sadly that is many years ago now. 

Whatever league Berwick end up in I wish them and their support all the best going forward and off it is the LL they end up in I hope the can get back into the SPFL in the future.

How fun a Berwick v Morpeth derby in those leagues [emoji4]:thumsup2.
On a  very serious note now it is a sad day for Berwick and their fans and I can only sympathise with them over what has been an absolutely dreadful season and for that the clubs board and owners must hang their heads in shame. 
I remember watching Berwick at the 4 Angus sides years back when they had a decent side and being reasonably impressed with them, but sadly that is many years ago now. 
Whatever league Berwick end up in I wish them and their support all the best going forward and off it is the LL they end up in I hope the can get back into the SPFL in the future.

Cheers

It’s shit though isn’t it.

Clubs as good as dead.

Just passed turn off for Forfar and Brechin. Had some great days out. Never again in league likely. My thought is we should join English system.

As for those who have led us here. They can f**k right off - sleepwalked to relegation

Who would have guessed that “at least we are not as shit as (insert club here) “ would be unsustainable.

Trains them all season to win everything going including a close game with Hearts, and it's because he's ill that Cove hammered a shite team. WTF are you on?

Trained them all season last year and failed to beat Cowdenbeath. Trained them all season two years before and pumped aff city when huge favourites. Perhaps his temperament in these games has been counter productive in the past? 🤷🏻‍♂️

It looks like we will be making the journey to Cove twice next season, feel for any Berwick fans out their, always a good away day in Berwick in the Black & Gold pub next to Shielfield. Hope you can survive and get back to Senior football it will be difficult but not impossible. Best of luck Berwick in the coming season. 

1 minute ago, rhliston said:

It looks like we will be making the journey to Cove twice next season, feel for any Berwick fans out their, always a good away day in Berwick in the Black & Gold pub next to Shielfield. Hope you can survive and get back to Senior football it will be difficult but not impossible. Best of luck Berwick in the coming season. 

They'll still be playing senior football if they're relegated.

1 minute ago, rhliston said:

It looks like we will be making the journey to Cove twice next season, feel for any Berwick fans out their, always a good away day in Berwick in the Black & Gold pub next to Shielfield. Hope you can survive and get back to Senior National football it will be difficult but not impossible. Best of luck Berwick in the coming season. 

Just now, gogsy said:

You can go and watch them when they play at Forthbank:)

True but hopefully the Binos have a wonderful season and the thrill of watching the Binos march into League 1 will prevent me from seeing them. :lol:

Where would that get you? If you are still playing in Scotland you would be starting two tiers further down in bottom EoS division,  If you move to England what tier would you go in at as a new club.

Aye but maybe,I don’t know, it would be enjoyable again.

It hasn’t been for 13 years.

My mate follows South Shields they get decent crowds and good days out.

Watching Cumbernauld colts at broadwood or Stirling uni at forthbank doesn’t really make me feel any less shit.

f**k knows,

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Where would that get you? If you are still playing in Scotland you would be starting two tiers further down in bottom EoS division,  If you move to England what tier would you go in at as a new club.

Do a Glasgow Rangers and demand to be reinstated at whatever level you see fit.  If rejected take temper tantrums and issuing threats until entered at the minimal level available.

Berwick are to decent to copy them and take such an undesirable course of action though. 

South Shields get crowds better than all SPFL 2 teams
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/south-shields/attendances
Here is the rest of the averages for the averages for rest of Evo Stik league teams
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/attendance-tables

More than lowland leagues?

Just looks more fun.. but in reality it’s shit. No amount of dressing up will disguise the fact it’s fucking tear gas and we are fucked

9 minutes ago, marty_j said:

My mate follows South Shields they get decent crowds and good days out.

Watching Cumbernauld colts at broadwood or Stirling uni at forthbank doesn’t really make me feel any less shit.

f**k knows,

South Shields are at level 7 on the pyramid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Northern_Premier_League - they'd be your closest team but look at the rest of the clubs, most are the best part of 3 hours away.

Some of the posts I've seen have suggested level 9 for Berwick - as there's a vacancy in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Northern_Football_League, where attendances are more like LL level: https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/15/

Bloody hell Berwick, going  down without so much as a whimper.  [emoji20]

Wasn’t at the game so can only go on how the stats were presented on bbc and various bookies websites but that’s horrific reading. It’s a little old skool to think like this, but two yellows and eight fouls in a huge game with everything at stake perhaps tells you all you need to know about the ‘character’ of that group of players/current state of the club* (delete as applicable)