Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

The biggest minter is someone claiming Brora have a fan base! 

Where are the Berwick fans drinking in town?

Come to a Brora game there is a healthy fan base. Please remember there is less than 2000 people in the town so crowds are not going to be massive. 

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Spot on

fans seem to think we dislike cove because we played them in the play off and won ! Btw, now 3 games with Cowden. 2 defeats and  a draw for cove.

it was their attitude. Came with billy big boys strut, mouthing off in the press about what they were going to do to us, lost the plot when they they were losing and had 3 players sent off. Players and officials hurling abuse at Cowden players, officials and fans. Trashing the changing room. Paul Mcmanus putting derogatory comments on Twitter about Cowden.

thats why we don’t like them and unless they change their ways, they won’t enhance the spfl.

As always, in the interests of fairness, I have to say that when Cove visited us in the play off match they behaved impeccably.  It might have helped that they played well and won comfortably BUT having hosted many teams including some from L1, L2 and The Championship that hasn't always been the case.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they were robbed last season BUT that decision to allow the goal when their goalkeeper was taken out would have enraged fans of most clubs and for it to happen in a game of that magnitude was very disappointing.  I have absolutely no doubt that had Cowden been on the end of that decision the response of your players [and fans] would have been similar.

My biggest hope for the Cove - Berwick matches are that the best team wins and that the referee is not a pivotal factor.

16 minutes ago, JamesGroundHopping said:

Come to a Brora game there is a healthy fan base. Please remember there is less than 2000 people in the town so crowds are not going to be massive. 

It was clearly a joke, wind your neck in.

As always, in the interests of fairness, I have to say that when Cove visited us in the play off match they behaved impeccably.  It might have helped that they played well and won comfortably BUT having hosted many teams including some from L1, L2 and The Championship that hasn't always been the case.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that they were robbed last season BUT that decision to allow the goal when their goalkeeper was taken out would have enraged fans of most clubs and for it to happen in a game of that magnitude was very disappointing.  I have absolutely no doubt that had Cowden been on the end of that decision the response of your players [and fans] would have been similar.
My biggest hope for the Cove - Berwick matches are that the best team wins and that the referee is not a pivotal factor.

So who are the L1, 2 and championship teams you are saying haven't behaved impeccably?

26 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

They were OK in the first (drawn) game. Obviously not used to losing.

Re the “keeper being taken out “ Were you there ? He collided with a Cowden player at the edge of the box as he was clearing the ball. The ball was put straight back in to the empty net. Wouldn’t have mattered if he was ten foot tall, he still wouldn’t have saved it,he was completely out of position.

He collided with a Cowden player at the edge of the box as he was clearing the ball.

an unbiased view fae a Cowden fan...lol..he was rugby tackled, nae wonder couldnae get back in position,,,and as for the stramash at the end, sure a bad tackle but the over reaction of the cowden bench was the lighter fuel

He collided with a Cowden player at the edge of the box as he was clearing the ball.
an unbiased view fae a Cowden fan...lol..he was rugby tackled, nae wonder couldnae get back in position,,,and as for the stramash at the end, sure a bad tackle but the over reaction of the cowden bench was the lighter fuel

The goalkeeper though fouled Sheerin first many people thought - and you are way off on the last part. Cove had lost it by then - McManus had been sent off and they were in hostile mood before a crude, needless challenge on the touchline saw a Cowden player sent hurtling into his own dugout. There wasn't any over reaction rather our bench reacted in the same way as any other would - we weren't just going shrug our shoulders and just let Cove away with that sort of approach as they lost their discipline. 2 more Cove players were sent off then and their manager plus Cowden's manager and coach.

10 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The goalkeeper though fouled Sheerin first many people thought - and you are way off on the last part. Cove had lost it by then - McManus had been sent off and they were in hostile mood before a crude, needless challenge on the touchline saw a Cowden player sent hurtling into his own dugout. There wasn't any over reaction rather our bench reacted in the same way as any other would - we weren't just going shrug our shoulders and just let Cove away with that sort of approach as they lost their discipline. 2 more Cove players were sent off then and their manager plus Cowden's manager and coach.

Watch the footage, a mob from the cove bench inc their manager ran into the Cowdenbeath technical area and started fighting. Had they stayed in their technical area as per the rules, there would have been  no issues and ref would have dealt with any transgressions.

20 minutes ago, marello said:

Another one that wasn’t there or wasn’t watching.

22 minutes ago, marello said:

Cove were a classless gang probably no coincidence that the player taken out at the end was the boy who scored our winner. As mentioned the keeper fouled Sheerin to start with play went on and Smith scored which wasn't exactly a clear cut thing lobbing the ball from that distance many would have fluffed it.

Not sure if yon Berwick fan has made other arrangements but I’ve just walked up to Cove from town and there’s a road closed heading into town meaning massive tailbacks if going to the station. That would add a lot of time into your journey.