Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

In other circumstances I'd want a HL team to beat the SPFL team in this. I think it's good for Scottish football to have movement at this level, and progression is a good thing.

But these aren't other circumstances. This is Cove, the only genuinely unlikeable club in non-league senior football. Obnoxious, over-entitled officials, boring team, dull ground in a rubbish location, terrible pitch, and a general air of smug arseholery about them. So I'm happily supporting the Englishmen. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

If they didn't want to go up then why were they only 13 mins away from winning the play off?

If they all wanted to piss off on holiday then why did they beat Edinburgh in the semi final thereby causing another 2 games against Montrose?

Probably because the Highland League Champions wanted to beat the Lowland League Champions- the Highland League traditionally looked upon the East of Scotland League as tinpot and this attitude may have continued in the early years of the LL. 

I was at both play off matches and Brora manager Davey Kirkwood certainly wanted to beat City. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Probably because the Highland League Champions wanted to beat the Lowland League Champions- the Highland League traditionally looked upon the East of Scotland League as tinpot and this attitude may have continued in the early years of the LL. 

I was at both play off matches and Brora manager Davey Kirkwood certainly wanted to beat City. 

I was at the second leg and it was one of the worst games of football I’ve ever been at. 

Edit: The Artisan pre matched helped. Bloody good pub. 

Edited by Muzza81

I'm going along to this game as a neutral. I do have a soft spot for Berwick as I had a really good time when I was there and met some lovely people. I try to not judge clubs I've never been to, so I'm open minded going to Cove. If I get the same experiences there as I've read from others, that neutrality might be out of the window soon though.

In the LL v HL were EK not overwhelming favs, or was that fanatical EK supporters.
Anything can happen. Hope it's still alive after 90mins.
Yeah they were the favourites. Cove must be a great side. EK are the best side I've seen all season and are better than some of the SPFL teams I've watched this season.

Cant see any other outcome than Cove going up. I was pretty confident of a promotion this year regardless of who. Cant wait till Berwick come down so they can be 'the biggest club in the Lowland League'

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

In other circumstances I'd want a HL team to beat the SPFL team in this. I think it's good for Scottish football to have movement at this level, and progression is a good thing.

But these aren't other circumstances. This is Cove, the only genuinely unlikeable club in non-league senior football. Obnoxious, over-entitled officials, boring team, dull ground in a rubbish location, terrible pitch, and a general air of smug arseholery about them. So I'm happily supporting the Englishmen. Good luck!

Spot on

fans seem to think we dislike cove because we played them in the play off and won ! Btw, now 3 games with Cowden. 2 defeats and  a draw for cove.

it was their attitude. Came with billy big boys strut, mouthing off in the press about what they were going to do to us, lost the plot when they they were losing and had 3 players sent off. Players and officials hurling abuse at Cowden players, officials and fans. Trashing the changing room. Paul Mcmanus putting derogatory comments on Twitter about Cowden.

thats why we don’t like them and unless they change their ways, they won’t enhance the spfl.

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some of the older lower league fans seem scared of change :(

Mon the Cove!

Hope they shoot up the leagues and we can have a Granite City Derby one day 

They will become Aberdeen colts if they get up.  2 or 3 of their current squad are good enough for league 2 but that’s all. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If Ross County can rise to the top so can Cove one day

One man band tho. What happens when Mcgregor pops his clogs ?

look at Morton, old man Rae dies and family don’t want to bankroll the club like dad did. 

Just now, Brazilianlex said:

One man band tho. What happens when Mcgregor pops his clogs ?

look at Morton, old man Rae dies and family don’t want to bankroll the club like dad did. 

f**k knows man 

I'm talking purely hypothetical here, I don’t have a crystal ball 

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If Ross County can rise to the top so can Cove one day

Might be bigger than Aberdeen

33 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some of the older lower league fans seem scared of change :(

Mon the Cove!

Hope they shoot up the leagues and we can have a Granite City Derby one day 

They could become Sevco colts. A northern outpost for all the knuckledraggers up there.

13 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Won’t be a Granite City Derby if Aberdeen are playing out in the sticks.

Colts Rangers will be the only team in Aberdeen.

Very quiet from  Berwick on team news/injuries - and fair enough on a day like this. Tell em nowt. 

See would be good, but apart from that it will be all about heart and effort from whoever is selected.