Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

Berwick may not have scored many goals recently but the standard of the opposition has been higher than that experienced by Cove.
To be fair, I have not seen Cove this season but I did see East Kilbride and I found them to be ordinary so the outcome from the first round of games came as no surprise.
Football is football and in the main, the difference between the levels is pace, strength and sharpness of both mind and body. Berwick is used to praying in that church week in week out.
These matches, as we all well know are like cup finals and can go either way.
However, I say Berwick should not be dismissed lightly.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Absolutely shocked I've not seen anyone from the north try to claim that Cove are not interested in promotion. The usual excuse if the Highland League side doesn't progress.

Yeah, see, I don't think anyone on P&B in their right mind thinks Cove will lose the play-off - no reason to bust that line out then.

The season Brora won the HL they weren't exactly outspoken about wanting to join the SPFL. I'm not saying they deliberately lost, I can't judge that myself. However, Cove haven't exactly made a secret about wanting to join the SPFL, so this allegation won't work for them.

22 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

They were 5/4 when the book first opened. Madness. 

You could get almost 9-1 on us beating Clyde last week. Bookies (actually punters) get it wrong quite often.

19 minutes ago, Marten said:

The season Brora won the HL they weren't exactly outspoken about wanting to join the SPFL. I'm not saying they deliberately lost, I can't judge that myself. However, Cove haven't exactly made a secret about wanting to join the SPFL, so this allegation won't work for them.

Exactly - Cove have made it very clear that they want to reach the SPFL and have been working towards this for several years now.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched through the thread and couldn't find it. I'm driving up there for the game (from Dundee), how is parking near the stadium? Would it be wise to get there early?

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched through the thread and couldn't find it. I'm driving up there for the game (from Dundee), how is parking near the stadium? Would it be wise to get there early?

I suspect it will be very busy. Apparently there are some spaces at the ground, but the club are also going to be using company car parks in the area for the overspill. See http://berwickrangers.com/information-for-fans-travelling-to-cove/

Cove had made absolutely no secret of their desire to be promoted into L2 - in fact for several years they've had a 'project' to that effect, name of which escapes me for now, with a significant milestone being their new stadium, interesting to see what the crowd is tomorrow after more than 1000 at the EK game. As all the Cowden on here know, Cove would have gone up last year without the (lack of) intervention by the ref

13 minutes ago, marello said:

Cove had made absolutely no secret of their desire to be promoted into L2 - in fact for several years they've had a 'project' to that effect, name of which escapes me for now, with a significant milestone being their new stadium, interesting to see what the crowd is tomorrow after more than 1000 at the EK game. As all the Cowden on here know, Cove would have gone up last year without the (lack of) intervention by the ref

:lol: Was it not 2-2 when the controversial goal happened?  But aye lets just blame the ref.

Buckie were the only side on the league to vote against the pyramid and made it plain - at the time at least - they weren’t interested. Their fans certainly aren’t but I think the club have realised the money that’s available trumps the few lousy grand they get for winning the SHFL.

The shenanigans at the end of that season over their featuring an ineligible player in a late season game and the resulting fall out kind of sucked the life out of them, tho.

42 minutes ago, marello said:

Project Promotion Into SPFL League 2" - catchy,isn't it?

55 minutes ago, marello said:

Lol

Yep, Cove aren't messing about.  They have made it clear they want to be a league club.  And couldn't have a better chance than tomorrow and next week IMO.