Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win, personally I’d like to see Cove prevail (nothing against Berwick) as a pyramid should see new teams promoted each season. Big worry for Berwick if they go down as it’ll be tough to get back up and with the queue of former juniors entering the league in the east and more potentially in the West soon it’s only going to get tougher.

I disagree with this sentiment. I think the system in place now is perfect - if Cove are unable to beat Berwick, over two legs, then they're clearly not good enough. 

For the record I think Cove will hammer Berwick, and I think the aggregate score will be 8-1 in their favour. 

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Real outside guess here as someone who has never seen Cove live or looked at Cove’s social media pages.

Cove wear blue shirts, correct?

Aye, both club's strips were included in the opening post. 

From the shitey wee chairman's part in the SFA's theft of our park, through their ground being in an industrial park in the middle of nowhere with no pubs, the carry on against Cowden last year, to them being another Rangers playing in blue, means I'll be right behind Berwick. Berwick is also a decent day out too, with a couple of decent fish supper options and good pubs.

1 hour ago, RossP said:

Also worth considering getting the taxi south to Portlethen or Stonehaven (assuming you are heading that direction), to then get the same train but with more time to spare and less traffic to negotiate. This also assumes the train is stopping at either of those stops!

This is the best shout

It should stop at Stonehaven 

Also worth considering getting the taxi south to Portlethen or Stonehaven (assuming you are heading that direction), to then get the same train but with more time to spare and less traffic to negotiate. This also assumes the train is stopping at either of those stops!

Cheers mate about 13 miles to Stonehaven - train doesn’t stop there.

I’ll leave at 1645 and book taxi from somewhere outside nearest main road and head to Aberdeen station gives me half an hour. Could run it in 25 - is Burger King nearby it could pick us up there

8 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Best of luck to Berwick.

Why? Hampden Diehard's made a good case, but why do you want Cove to miss out? 

Personally I like the idea of an SPFL Rangers team from Aberdeen playing in blue. I have also heard there are neds in Berwick who enjoy attacking "Jocks", as they make their way from the stadium to the station. 

However, if Cove cannot beat a side with such a poor record, then they don't deserve to be in the league. 

I have also heard there are neds in Berwick who enjoy attacking "Jocks", as they make their way from the stadium to the station. 

[emoji23][emoji23] what utter nonsense. Given residents of Berwick are almost 50:50 split between those who class themselves as “English “ and those that are “Scottish” that is just comical.

10 minutes ago, marty_j said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png what utter nonsense. Given residents of Berwick are almost 50:50 split between those who class themselves as “English “ and those that are “Scottish” that is just comical.

I have definitely heard/read that. Never been, so cannot comment on its veracity. 

Interesting wee report on the club:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/opinion/columnists/mikeamos/backtrack/17613941.borderline-case-the-column-joins-anxious-fans-at-the-north-easts-favourite-scottish-league-club/

40 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Why? Hampden Diehard's made a good case, but why do you want Cove to miss out? 

Personally I like the idea of an SPFL Rangers team from Aberdeen playing in blue. I have also heard there are neds in Berwick who enjoy attacking "Jocks", as they make their way from the stadium to the station. 

However, if Cove cannot beat a side with such a poor record, then they don't deserve to be in the league. 

I have never seen any trouble at Berwick.

36 minutes ago, PELE said:

I have never seen any trouble at Berwick.

Ahh, but have you ever actually been to Berwick, Northumbria?! I have never seen any trouble in Tijuana, but that's because I have never been there. ;)

Surely this is Cove's time now.  I haven't seen Berwick but going from their final points tally and the reports from posters in the League 2 forum, they're worse than shite.

Cove are a big, powerful side and if they impose themselves early on a Berwick side clearly lacking in confidence, ability and who are use to losing, it could be over after the 1st leg.

Berwick just need to raise their game like they did a few weeks ago when they beat Peterhead. If they can beat the League Two champions they can certainly beat the Highland League champions. Good luck.

Edited by Blue-Toon
Mistake.

1 hour ago, marty_j said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png what utter nonsense. Given residents of Berwick are almost 50:50 split between those who class themselves as “English “ and those that are “Scottish” that is just comical.

Aye, he’s quite clearly making that up. Even Clyde fans, who have a worse reputation than Galatasary, always have a blast with the locals down in Berwick. 

For the reasons Hampden Diehard has said, I want Berwick to stay up. I have nothing against Cove but after visiting their ground once, going again would be torture. And yes I’m well aware they would say the exact same about Broadwood.