Sevco v the 8 times CHAMPIONS

Watching the game yesterday you got the impression that Lennon has probably already been told he isn't getting the job. He looked like he simply couldn't be fucked being there.

Deserved win for Rangers but despite looking the better side, they created relatively few clear chances. The game at Ibrox in December could have seen them run up a cricket score, but yesterday was probably a fair reflection of the game.

Would expect Celtic to bin up to a dozen of their first team squad(Loan players not returning, 4/5 out of contract not renewed, a few squad players trimmed or sold) and crack open the biscuit tin for whoever takes the job. They have looked poor most of this season, despite winning another double so far, and likely a treble. Will be an interesting summer from their perspective.

Rangers still need to prove they can win when it actually matters. Understand the confidence from their fans today, but Celtic won a few of the pointless end of season matches during their 9 in a row run and it didn't really count for anything.

From our point of view Lennon shouldn’t have started a front 3 that had never played together before. Not his fault Forrest was injured but Sinclair should have started instead of one of the other two for continuity. We badly needed somebody to change it and kind of think Lennon shot himself in the foot by sending Weah away early.

Playing a half fit Lustig was also stupidity as he could be fucked for the cup final now.

Sevco did play well and pretty much made Eddie ineffective by haranguing him with at least 3 players every time he got the ball. However we could have turned that to our advantage by telling him to do one touch passes to the now unmarked players rather than take his usually 4/5touches  and turn.

End of the day I wasn’t really arsed about the game and clearly the players weren’t either.

ETA- I know he has been injured but Rogic has been far too much of a passenger this season. He’s pretty much the only that’s Rodgers would allow to drift in games,Christie when fit is a certain starter ahead of him for me now though.

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Watching the game yesterday you got the impression that Lennon has probably already been told he isn't getting the job. He looked like he simply couldn't be fucked being there.

Deserved win for Rangers but despite looking the better side, they created relatively few clear chances. The game at Ibrox in December could have seen them run up a cricket score, but yesterday was probably a fair reflection of the game.

Would expect Celtic to bin up to a dozen of their first team squad(Loan players not returning, 4/5 out of contract not renewed, a few squad players trimmed or sold) and crack open the biscuit tin for whoever takes the job. They have looked poor most of this season, despite winning another double so far, and likely a treble. Will be an interesting summer from their perspective.

Rangers still need to prove they can win when it actually matters. Understand the confidence from their fans today, but Celtic won a few of the pointless end of season matches during their 9 in a row run and it didn't really count for anything.

And Celtic had one shot on goal in 80 mins

21 hours ago, bennett said:

The why don't you go home chant is sung to the tune.

Strangely an ex celtic chairman defended the song as a great example of dark Glasgow humour.

Personally I'd rather it wasn't sung.

If you ever went to the games you would know it is NEVER sung.

In fact The Famine Song has never been sung at Ibrox. What was sung at Ibrox was a chant 'The Famine is over. Why don't you go home?' Two utter dickheads then went and added verses to said chant that are not only racist by highly offensive for all kinds of reasons. They posted a video on Youtube (faces hidden) and that is what the judge deemed to be racist and got the chant banned. The Judge said you could no longer differentiate the chant from the song. 

Anyone seen singing what has commonly become called 'The Famine Song' will be arrested and will have no defence.

Once again for the hard of thinking Killie poster. It is '4 Lads' that is sung to a similar tune. I m not even sure that '4 lads' is sung to the Sloop John B tune. I am sure someone could post it here. After all 'It is such a beautiful story' 

3 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Worst thing sevco could of done yesterday is beat Celtic.. should of let them win, now it's looking more likely Celtic will go and get a proper Manager...  

Exclusive!

Celtic have been utterly shite this season but will still win the treble.. 

This may be true. Until yesterday’s defeat we were unbeaten in 2019.

It’s interesting, and I’m not disputing your point. Celtic fans had the same opinion of Gordon Strachan’s Celtic, but we apparently chased a good manager out the door.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Rangers fans on Twitter not grasping how this is probably a bad result for Rangers in the long run.  If the Celtic board want 10IAR, Lennon should be binned a week today.

I hope they bring someone else in, Leonard has always been good at getting teams to punch above their weight and motivating players.

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

I hope they bring someone else in, Leonard has always been good at getting teams to punch above their weight and motivating players.

Sarcasm?

They didn't seem to motivated yesterday. 

Possibly you missed the game? 

2 hours ago, Gusty said:

In fact The Famine Song has never been sung at Ibrox. What was sung at Ibrox was a chant 'The Famine is over. Why don't you go home?' 

Oh, well that’s alright then.

Apart from the fact that the refrain has been deemed “clearly racist” by the appeal court https://web.archive.org/web/20090925023036/http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2009HCJAC59.html

Edited by The OP