Sevco v the 8 times CHAMPIONS

23 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Fair play on calling out that list of thundercunts, deserves a greenie.

But.

It's not a fact though is it. It's your view through cloudy, light blue tinted glasses.

I've no doubt that the emergence of Durrant was exciting for Rangers fans in the mid eighties, coming at a time where they were mid table dross, finishing behind Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts. His league cup goals against Celtic and his all round play marked him out as a good young player with a lot of potential. This doesn't mean that he deserves the almost mythical status you seem to be bestowing upon him.

It's obviously pointless comparing Collins with Durrant after the Simpson tackle. So let's compare them before that.

Collins made his top flight debut and was a 1st team regular at a younger age than Durrant.

Collins made his international debut (and indeed scored, something that Durrant never managed pre or post injury) at a younger age.

Collins won the PFA young player of the year award in 1987-88, something that Durrant never managed.

So, it's clear that Collins's career was already on at least an equal, if not greater trajectory than Durrant's, before the injury.

John Collins only won 1 Scottish Cup with Celtic? I find that incredible considering the team he played in

Anyway Durrants trophy haul far outshines the mediocre career (according to Wiki) that Collins had.

Becoming a first team regular at Rangers is far more difficult than becoming a first team regular at Hibs

Was Collins debut goal against Bulgaria? Only Scotland game i have actually attended and i am sure he scored from a Brian McLair cross. Me and my mate left shortly after that and went for a pint.

As far as PFA awards go :lol:. Listening to the phone in i was reminded Mark Fucking Warburton and his magic hat won Manager of the year so i wouldn't put too much value on those relatively meaning less awards 

ETA...As you say above this is only my opinion and it is not fact. You are entitled to believe John Collins , Kevin Thomson or even Ian Murray were better young players than Ian Durrant. It is all about opinions....

Edited by Gusty

1 minute ago, Gusty said:

John Collins only won 1 Scottish Cup with Celtic? I find that incredible considering the team he played in

Anyway Durrants trophy haul far outshines the mediocre career (according to Wiki) that Collins had.

Becoming a first team regular at Rangers is far more difficult than becoming a first team regular at Hibs

Was Collins debut goal against Bulgaria? Only Scotland game i have actually attended and i am sure he scored from a Brian McLair cross. Me and my mate left shortly after that and went for a pint.

As far as PFA awards go :lol:. Listening to the phone in i was reminded Mark Fucking Warburton and his magic hat won Manager of the year so i wouldn't put too much value on those relatively meaning less awards 

Translation: PFA awards don't suit my argument in this particular case.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Translation: PFA awards don't suit my argument in this particular case.

Alex McLeish won the domestic treble while making a profit in the transfer market and slashing Rangers wage bill. Manager of the year went to free spending Martin O Neil whose Celtic team won the square root of f**k all that season. POTY went to Larsson that season who also won absolutely nothing on the field.

Walter Smith won a domestic treble yet manager of the year went a lower league manager that season. Possibly Raith Rovers manager??

These awards are not relatively meaningless as i generously said in earlier post. They are absolutely meaningless

2 minutes ago, Gusty said:

Alex McLeish won the domestic treble while making a profit in the transfer market and slashing Rangers wage bill. Manager of the year went to free spending Martin O Neil whose Celtic team won the square root of f**k all that season. POTY went to Larsson that season who also won absolutely nothing on the field.

Walter Smith won a domestic treble yet manager of the year went a lower league manager that season. Possibly Raith Rovers manager??

These awards are not relatively meaningless as i generously said in earlier post. They are absolutely meaningless

Should've given it to Jim Mcintyre then

19 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'd be inclined to be more sympathetic to the Rangers fans mewlings about the Simpson tackle if they didn't celebrate thugs like Souness and Hurlock who were dishing out similar every other week.

There's no doubt he was a talented player, but this misty eyed revisionism that has him as being world class or Scotland's greatest ever midfielder if it wasn't for injury is nonsense. See also John Kennedy.

What isn't in doubt, is that Durrant is an ugly little bigot and that John Collins was a superior footballer.

Agreed regarding Kennedy, as much as I thought he was going to be a great we will just never know, plenty of players have had outstanding potential but end up washed up by their late 20’s regardless of injury. 

Difference between Kennedy and Durrant though is that Kennedy managed less than 50 career appearances, Durrant managed 350 + despite known for being on the piss during his rangers days and during injury. Some appearances for a guy who apparently was absolutely fucked by the injury.

Edited by gannonball

Normally I hope for a nonsensical combination of inept football, constant goading and the declaration of a Shame Game in these matches but I have a feeling if this one does that the pantie bunching authorities will probably ban football, in the style of James II.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed regarding Kennedy, as much as I thought he was going to be a great we will just never know, plenty of players have had outstanding potential but end up washed up by their late 20’s regardless of injury. 

Difference between Kennedy and Durrant though is that Kennedy managed less than 50 career appearances, Durrant managed 350 + despite known for being on the piss during his rangers days and during injury. Some appearances for a guy who apparently was absolutely fucked by the injury.

Of course i have a great deal of sympathy for John Kennedy but you simply cannot compare the two. JK never showed anywhere near the same potential as Durrant. They were light years apart in terms of that.

I met Durrant in the District Bar* one day. He was wearing a pair of shorts and you could see the marks left by the surgery.  He has scars from ankle to the top of his leg on both sides of his leg. They must have had to open the whole leg up.

I believe Durrant was one of the first to have this kind of surgery

* The District is not one of my usual pre / post match haunts. Shit hole of a pub that attracts the worst of the more traditional  Rangers support

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Depends on whether you think he was a ringleader or aimlessly led.

From Derek Fergusons tales, he was very much the former.

Souness had a choice as manager. He had to split up Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant as they were as bad as each other. Derek Ferguson openly admits Souness made the correct call in keeping Ian Durrant and letting him go.

Fergie had a similar choice at United with Lee Sharpe and Ryan Giggs. Fergie ditched the promising Lee Sharpe and kept Giggs who went on to be one of the greatest ever United players

Both managers made the correct call

7 minutes ago, Gusty said:

Of course i have a great deal of sympathy for John Kennedy but you simply cannot compare the two. JK never showed anywhere near the same potential as Durrant. They were light years apart in terms of that.

Tbf, it's a position that players tend to mature differently in - and Kennedy was injured far earlier in his career (in terms of games played) than Durrant. 

I think it's a fair comparison inasmuch as we'll never know in either case.

Edited by Estragon

Tbf to Durante when he came to  Killie he was still a standout player who could control the midfield . We were holding our own against Celtic in the league cup until Durrant had to go off and after that yon Larson fellow scored some goals . 

‘He was never the dynamic type after his injury ie  running with the ball and passing , but with us he could still pick a pass and set up goal scoring opportunities . Was one of our better old firm reject signings 

Never saw Kennedy play all that much so cant comment on him 

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

We need to talk about the 5 fraudulent stars on the Sevco jersey.  The last one won by defrauding £70m in tax and false player registrations by a DIFFERENT club.  No shame these scum. 

What's this?

Don't think ive heard about all these things you mention.... do tell.