Sevco v the 8 times CHAMPIONS

32 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

It's a mark of sporting respect to applaud the champions on to the pitch.

Wouldn't even be an issue if Celtic were playing any other team.

It's not really though, it's more of an attempt to foist upon football the appearance of a kind of mutual respect that doesn't actually exist. As such it just becomes a lightning rod for the kind of pish we've read in the last few pages. Just do away with it entirely. 

And as for sporting respect for Celtic, we learnt today that they paid more in agents fees this season than our club has perhaps paid in transfer fees in our entire history. And now they want a wee clap for that as well? Get it in the bin.

My own sense sporting respect extends to a distaste of offensive chanting, violent play, cheating, antisocial behaviour among supporters, vandalism of opponemts' stadia and generally cunty behaviour. When the Champions (whoever they are) catch up with this I'll reconsider my position. 

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

This is some really bad fishing.

I'd be inclined to be more sympathetic to the Rangers fans mewlings about the Simpson tackle if they didn't celebrate thugs like Souness and Hurlock who were dishing out similar every other week.

There's no doubt he was a talented player, but this misty eyed revisionism that has him as being world class or Scotland's greatest ever midfielder if it wasn't for injury is nonsense. See also John Kennedy.

What isn't in doubt, is that Durrant is an ugly little bigot and that John Collins was a superior footballer.

I'd be inclined to be more sympathetic to the Rangers fans mewlings about the Simpson tackle if they didn't celebrate thugs like Souness and Hurlock who were dishing out similar every other week.
There's no doubt he was a talented player, but this misty eyed revisionism that has him as being world class or Scotland's greatest ever midfielder if it wasn't for injury is nonsense. See also John Kennedy.
What isn't in doubt, is that Durrant is an ugly little bigot and that John Collins was a superior footballer.

This, in spades.

Collins was pish at fighting in kebab shops though.

Guest Moomintroll
This, in spades.

Collins was pish at fighting in kebab shops though.
Surely his magnificent 6 pack should prevail over everything.

14 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Souness is without doubt one of the best Scottish players of my lifetime. Hard as nails and could be a dirty b*****d at times. 

Hurlock was a thug. A completely talentless thug. 

Graham Roberts was a bully and a thug. 

Gregor Stevens was another thug who i had no time for. Pretty sure he was given a 6 month ban for breaking a players leg in a 'Friendly'. Kilmarnock player maybe?

Willie Johnstone suffered from the most severe case of 'Wee man syndrome' and his stamp on John McMaster at Aberdeen is probably the most cowardly assault i have seen from a Rangers player. I would have been  happy if he had never kicked another ball for Rangers after that.

No revisionism at all. I will call out any Rangers player who lets themselves down. 

John Collins was a very good player but that is never going to change the fact that Durrant was the best young player this country has produced in many many years. The fact he came back to have the career he did shows what a player he was and could have been so much better 

19 hours ago, killiekranky said:

You are right, it should be  perfectly normal practice no matter who are champions and where they are playing.

Scottish football nonsense and a reason why the "ugly sisters" will never get in the English Premier League.

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

We need to talk about the 5 fraudulent stars on the Sevco jersey.  The last one won by defrauding £70m in tax and false player registrations by a DIFFERENT club.  No shame these scum. 

I wouldn't say we need to talk about it, personally.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm absolutely certain that Durrants off field habits would have prevented him reaching anywhere near the top of the game.

Tbf I'm not sure the stuff about his arse being up for rent was actually true. 

Fair play on calling out that list of thundercunts, deserves a greenie.

But.

3 hours ago, Gusty said:

John Collins was a very good player but that is never going to change the fact that Durrant was the best young player this country has produced in many many years. The fact he came back to have the career he did shows what a player he was and could have been so much better 

It's not a fact though is it. It's your view through cloudy, light blue tinted glasses.

I've no doubt that the emergence of Durrant was exciting for Rangers fans in the mid eighties, coming at a time where they were mid table dross, finishing behind Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts. His league cup goals against Celtic and his all round play marked him out as a good young player with a lot of potential. This doesn't mean that he deserves the almost mythical status you seem to be bestowing upon him.

It's obviously pointless comparing Collins with Durrant after the Simpson tackle. So let's compare them before that.

Collins made his top flight debut and was a 1st team regular at a younger age than Durrant.

Collins made his international debut (and indeed scored, something that Durrant never managed pre or post injury) at a younger age.

Collins won the PFA young player of the year award in 1987-88, something that Durrant never managed.

So, it's clear that Collins's career was already on at least an equal, if not greater trajectory than Durrant's, before the injury.