Clexit possibly back on the agenda

glensmad

Need to go for it if at all possible. I would hope the idea of working towards regular Scottish cup entry then being within x number of promotions away from Dumbarton - Airdrie - Morton - the Jags - the OF would surely help to raise interest in the town and crowds would rise as a result?
I couldn't agree more.

There will definitely be enough teams in the West to set up a West of Scotland feeder league. Clydebank should organise this. Even teams like Glasgow and Strathclyde Uni should be considered. Time to move away from the Juniors

There will definitely be enough teams in the West to set up a West of Scotland feeder league. Clydebank should organise this. Even teams like Glasgow and Strathclyde Uni should be considered. Time to move away from the Juniors

Not sure there will be. When push comes to shove most of the clubs will stay where they know. Some clubs are risk adverse!!

The problem with Clydebank taking the lead in any potential west breakaway from the juniors is that their current match secretary is also the President of the West Region and Vice President of the SJFA. So leading a breakaway may be a bit awkward in that respect.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

The problem with Clydebank taking the lead in any potential west breakaway from the juniors is that their current match secretary is also the President of the West Region and Vice President of the SJFA. So leading a breakaway may be a bit awkward in that respect.

Which is worrying if people are wanting the West Region to branch off intact. He should be the person speaking up for the West's entry into the pyramid and be able to inform the region of the benefits since his club had chosen to join it.

5 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Not sure there will be. When push comes to shove most of the clubs will stay where they know. Some clubs are risk adverse!!

There is 63 clubs in the West Juniors and 32 in the Caledonian League. You could definitely get at least 12 teams together to form a West feeder.

1 minute ago, edinabear said:

There is 63 clubs in the West Juniors and 32 in the Caledonian League. You could definitely get at least 12 teams together to form a West feeder.

I think the bigger deal is if you can get to double digits, you can probably end up swaying the majority. Just look at how things worked last year in the East. Clubs didn't want to get left behind.

Fair point, but how many in the caley league play in public parks? How many want to join a league they would have no chance of progressing from?

What needs to happen is a discussion amongst the clubs behind closed doors and figure out how many would want to take part. I agree with most that it’s the most likely way to move forward. Have a meeting where clubs can send a representative if they choose but know that it is in private. Clubs will be afraid to have the discussions in public for fear of retribution!

7 hours ago, edinabear said:

Let's not get carried away and make things worse.

That should not really be a problem. Pretty sure most of the ersjfa top brass were connected to teams that jumped to the eos last season. Broxburn for sure.

Id hope that Matt has the interest of his club primarily at heart and from what I know of him he is a decent honourable guy so have no concerns re this.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id hope that Matt has the interest of his club primarily at heart and from what I know of him he is a decent honourable guy so have no concerns re this.

If he was decent and honourable he'd be on here apologising. Obviously believes more in the juniors than clydebank

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Talk of a breakaway WoS league is mental, no way could that be set up in time 

Use the year ahead to properly sort the issues then the West region joins as one.

Too sensible ?

Wrsjfa should be talking away from tj and look to move wrsjfa rename wosfl and join pyramid in 20-21 season. Next season is gone. Maxwell has said that nothing will change. 

2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Use the year ahead to properly sort the issues then the West region joins as one.

Too sensible ?

You already had a year, and it failed. Badly. 

The sensible thing is to take an entirely fresh look at what was achieved in that last year (nothing) and where you want to be, and how best to achieve it.  I'd be questioning if that is possible by leaving it upto the SJFA to sort, because they were the main blockers to the WRJFA being in this year.

3 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Too sensible ?

Why would you expect Johnston to be able to sort it out by next year when he's completely failed to make any progress this year? You'll just as likely be coming back to make this exact same post next summer.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would you expect Johnston to be able to sort it out by next year when he's completely failed to make any progress this year? You'll just as likely be coming back to make this exact same post next summer.

I'm not sure the SFA would accept a WOS League at this stage anyway.

Your prediction is of course a real possibility.

Bit if a mess all round.

22 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Bit if a mess all round.

Think the LL & EoS would be alright with it. Plus with the SFA saying they'd take control of all tier 6 leagues it won't make much difference to them.

Allows for the North, East & West clubs to sit outside the pyramid still under the SJFA banner, while minimizing the potential number clubs seeking licensing.

Bit if a mess all round.

Think it perhaps needs the clubs to actually canvass supporters and just find out exactly what they want for their club, it may be that Talbot fans would prefer to stay junior, it may be that they want to go senior etc too, its all been done too clumsily. I genuinely believe a split is the best move, but keep any split league in west open to other clubs moving over in time so there’s no pressure to commit/merge/move immediately.

14 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Need to go for it if at all possible. I would hope the idea of working towards regular Scottish cup entry then being within x number of promotions away from Dumbarton - Airdrie - Morton - the Jags - the OF would surely help to raise interest in the town and crowds would rise as a result?

^^^kens the score.

Lead the revolution, Bankies :)